Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which ecu and tcm fits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ecu and tcm fits?

Hi folks,
I've seen articles on here concerning what I want, but i can't find them right now.
Can anybody tell me for certain if I need a matching part number for an ecu and tcm? Or do I need a certain VIN range for the modules to work in my 2004 3.0 litre wagon? The VIN is E07654 How can I get used modules to work? The Dealer is out of the question. I do have a mongoose and JLR software.

Thank you

Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

there is a code like bc or cb on your unit in black letters on the right side. match those along with the rest of your #s on you unit and you should be good. If your looking for a ecm I have a few. What is the code on yours?

The Drr!

Old 10-27-2014, 09:53 PM

Hi,
Thank you. My number is 4x43-10k975-BD another number is MB079700-9322
I understand the BD is critical?
My main concern now is I'm wondering if the ECU is belong to my car. The last mechanic was sooooo questionable! is there a way to tell which ecu should be in my car? Is the BD critical or is it just a firmware version?
Please and thank you for everything. Not sure, but I may have one on EBay. Not sure what I can get to work on my car or not. Any installation tips? I heard I had to accept the keys in the Security part of the software.
Sincerely,
Joe

Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 AM
Default ecm

Hey Joe,
Ok well what's wrong with your car that you need a ecm? Does your car start now? Or is the security locked out. If it starts or even cranks over then that is the ecm for you car. If your car does not crank over and security is locked then somone tampered with the car. The 4 things that are conected to security is 1- the radio. (if radio is not connected it will lock out) 2- the key (if a different key is in it will lock out) 3- the instrument panel( if it was changed out it will not start) and 4- your ecm( if it was swapped out it will lock you out if the wrong one was put in)
Now if you have the mongoose, you can check to see if all modules are keyed to your vin. If they are all the same vin then your good. If not you can re code them to your vin as long as the ecm was the same code that was taken out. The rest will re code easy and without issue.

Hope this helps.
The Dr!

Old 10-29-2014, 03:59 PM

Hi Dr.
Quick history...
My tcm failed due to water. I got a new one from England only to find out I had to use the local dealer to program it. The local dealer got very upset that I did not buy from them, at three times the price. They were vocal and they were upset. They gave me the runaround for six weeks while my car sat on their lot. At some point, they did something to it. It would no longer start. I finally towed it home, after paying them five hundred dollars for screwing it up, I could not get my car otherwise. They smirked while I paid up. I won't even get into the common opinion of the family that owns the dealership. In my opinion, they are pure dirt.
That was sixteen months ago. I had the car diagnosed, the original ECU is totally blank. It was cranking over though. I tried the SDD software and got nowhere. I got another ecu, it would not crank over, but gave a security error. I tried programming it with the JLR cable and SDD software, no go. I had a guy from British Diagnostics remote my computer and he gave up saying he has no idea what's going on, he did suggest that there may be a cut wire, or the computer is totally blown, IF it is even the computer belong to it.
Since then I have read that the only way to replace the ecu is to accept the vin on it and just go into the security area of the software and accept the current keys.
I have ordered another ecu with the same numbers and plan to do this now. Any suggestions? There's a lot of conflicting information online. Please help me if you can. Thank you most sincerely.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:30 PM

If you accept the vin on the new ecm then when you get inspection it will be conflicting as the new ecm will show the old vin and your car will show its real vin. You should be able to re write the vin on it and it will conform to the car vin. I need to do so research on this to make sure the steps are correct.

I will get back to you,
The Dr!

Old 10-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Thank you so much, I really need help with this. I already tried changing the vin, on the last used ecu, and tried to follow the programming, etc., but after five hours it said "Invalid Argument Encountered". I gave up.
Sincerely,
Joe