Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM

Default FAULT CODE P1647

Hows it been guys. Been a while for i am in the military i come and go at all times. Well i get in my little kitty today and i get a check engine light. Checked out the fault code and says P1647 manufacture control computer output circut. Whatever that means. Looked around and it has something to do with the O2 sensors. I had them all changed less than 6 months ago. With the fast knowledge out there i know someone can help. I am in Miami and the the nearest place is the Collection which is little pricey. If i can do it myself great!

let me know

thanks

Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 PM

Default RE: FAULT CODE P1647

I've foundhttp://enginelighthelp.informe.com/j...ank-2-dt5.html site helpful for a couple of things and this link is directly related to your code.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:08 PM

roger i saw that but nothing how to fix it
Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM

ok excuse me i take it back i thought i been to that site before. so basically it might be a loose connection to the oxegen sensor. so next thing is which bank is which banck one or two how we number our oxegen sensors? which is which
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Photobucket

Bank 2 is the bank closest to the radiator. The first thing I would check is the wiring to the sensors for that bank. The harness connectors for both the upstream and downstream o2 sensors are connected to a sheet metal bracket in front of and below the battery. The connectors should be attached to the bracket and the wiring should be routed through a clip arrangement attached to the cooling fan shroud. If the harness has become displaced from the clips on the shroud or the connectors are displaced from the metal bracket the wiring can be fouled by the fan. If that checks o.k. check the fuses for the o2 sensor heaters. I don't have an electrical guide in front of me but I believe the fuses ar in the underhood fuse box, just check them all.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM

ok i checked everything in above post. and nothing still throwing the same code. Whats the most logical next step without sending the car to the dealer. Change the oxegen sensor completly? please advise

thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM

I just had the O2 sensor replace it was code 1647 which shows to be bank 2 but the code is still there.. What else could be going on
Old 11-17-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4470nautilus View Post
I just had the O2 sensor replace it was code 1647 which shows to be bank 2 but the code is still there.. What else could be going on
Hi

How was this resolved in the end?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:04 AM

Tags
1998, code, codes, engine, fault, fix, ii, jaguar, obd, p1647, trouble, type, xj6, xj8, xtype