Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 01:51 AM

Default Fuel data error

After doing a long drive & the fuel tank 1/8 to being empty, all of a sudden the fuel light went up & the indicator to E (empty). So I scramble to find a station.

While parked, I use the message center & scroll to fuel & got this message - "FUEL DATA ERROR". Put some gas when I start the car, it went back to normal.

Anybody have any idea or same problem before.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 AM

The trip computer uses the fuel level sender in the tank to calculate the number of miles till empty. Sending units are not perfecly linear especially at "full" and "empty". I have seen mine jump from 25 miles till empty back up to 350 miles till empty when the tank got real low. I do not think you have anything to worry about.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:57 AM

I usually fill up when I see the readout is about 100 miles. I don't like to run it down to all but empty. One time I didn't notice how low the level was until it was about 25 miles to empty. When I filled it up the gauge only read about 1/2 tank. Took about 15 minutes for the gauge to get back to full. Just figured something got confused when it got that low. I didn't get the error message you did though. That was the only time that ever happend. I agree, it's not really something to worry about. I personally do not like to run the tank down too far as I think you increase the chances of having issues with the fuel gauge reading properly. There are a few threads on that if you search a little.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 AM

Thanks.
Not too worried. Just curious why the big jump in the fuel gauge. I don't normally run my tank low too but sometimes it happens when you are on a road trip.
I'll try to search next time & see if something pops out related top this.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM

Mine does the same thing when I run too low. I dont think it's a problem per se but rather a symptom of a tank that's too low to calculate properly.
63 F100 Short Unibody
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM

Tags
02, 2002, computer, data, error, ffuel, fuel, gauge, issues, jaguar, problems, troble, type, working, xtype