Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Default Fuel door won't open - FIXED

Big problem. I got a quarter of a tank of gas, can't get my fuel door open, and I need to leave town in the morning. I searched for some kind of back up lever in the trunk and came up empty.

When I pull the lever on the floor it sort of gets stuck in the up position, but not so much as I can't easily push it back down.

Any ideas?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM

Okay... Ripped apart the trunk and discovered the cable has come out. Awesome. I can get the gas lid open now... But now it's open and doesn't fully close.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Bitz31

I've never seen the cable before, but I assume its probably the same as most of the cables on these cars which can get stuck easily. Try to get some wd40 into the cable housing. If that clears it up and un sticks your cable wait a day or two and then get some good lubricant down the housing. Basically free the wire from the housing and then lube it. Wd40 would probably work by itself, but a good silicon lube should keep this problem at bay for awhile
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb/Luck View Post
Okay... Ripped apart the trunk and discovered the cable has come out. Awesome. I can get the gas lid open now... But now it's open and doesn't fully close.
I don't think we have any pictures of that on the Forum yet. May make a good "sticky" if you can post one.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 PM

Default my fuel door WAS stuck

Thanks for the advice, friends. I released that cable in the trunk and the fuel door opened right up. Added some white lithium grease before hand, so I suppose I should be good to go now. What a relief.

Again, thank you all : )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Claugher For This Useful Post:
Cadillac (01-29-2012), jimborino (05-20-2014)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

Good for you , thanks for your update

NITROUS OXIDE
Tutte Le Strade Portano A Roma

If You Drive A Porsche Boxter in Red, You're Unpleasant -Henry Cole
Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 AM

mine wouldnt open either, turns out the little metal spring that is suppose to pop it open an inch was bent down so it wasnt catching on the fuel door, so i had to rebend it and now it works great, i too thought mine was a broken cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to afstud For This Useful Post:
jimborino (05-20-2014)
Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 PM

AFstud:

I just recently went through the same thing. However, the spring managed to get bent up again - probably the fault of some clueless pump jockey here in New Jersey. (We're one of the only states in the union that has laws BARRING people from pumping their own gas! Needless to say, the people with those jobs aren't exactly rocket scientists, nor have they seen many of those X-Type springs to know not to mangle them.) But I digress....

The spring is pretty easy to replace, and I think it cost me all of $6 as part of the last part order that I placed with Nalley Jaguar. The new spring was a new design that doesn't look to be nearly so prone to getting caught up in the filler cap threads. So consider replacing that spring. It's part of the fuel filler release striker.

http://www.jimrothe.com/jaguar/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to rothe For This Useful Post:
jimborino (05-20-2014)
Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 PM

Tags
2003, 2011, cap, door, feul, fuel, gas, jaguar, lid, open, stuck, tank, type, wont, xtype