Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2006, 08:48 PM

Default how to remove door panels on jaguar x-type...help!!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for previous help at previous post...

How do you remove the door panels?

I looked around and could only find two screws...can one of you guys tell me what else i have to do to take out door panel??

thanks a lot ,
I'll wait for response,
Deltasoft.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member

Default RE: how to remove door panels on jaguar x-type...help!!!

Oh man, your in for a hoot. I started to remove my door panels to relace my speakers with new Alpine ones, and after messing around with the door panels for about 2 hours i finally gave up. I think you have to remove the two screws, then somehow force the panel off. I was and am kinda nervous since my baby is an 05 and i don't want to break anything...not yet anyway....i ordered a new panel just for the hell of it to see how it's held in place. Soon as i get it, i'll let ya know for sure how to pry the darn thing off..
________
Marijuana Vaporizer

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:23 AM

ok thanks buddy.....man it suckz they make the panel so complicated!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:18 PM

I'd be interested in knowing this as well. When I saw the two screwes, I am thinking the door panel is held in by the push pins or clips - very scarey to remove.

see the Ebay auction for one - it mentions "install clips"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...spagenameZWD1V

1997 C5 Corvette... modded and many appearance mods
http://www.cardomain.com/id/humyc5vette

2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
Old 05-13-2006, 11:40 PM

its very easy it takes 10 mins first there are two screws at the very bottom of the panel and one in the midle of the panel its covered with a peice of plastic covering it pop it of with a screw driver and unscrew then pop the panel on the top left hand side first then go around poping it of it so easy know if you want to upgrade the speakers you will have to cut it out of the speaker mount and mount the knew one in it a little fabing it takes a few minutes to cut it out
Old 08-16-2009, 11:32 PM

does anyone have a pic of the inside of the pannel for the back doors? i dont want to break the clips off.

---------------------
hey guys - i made a new thread with a few pics here is the link to it., it also has another link that will send you to the speaker repair i did, may help a few guys on here.

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/sh...944#post132944

Last edited by ghettomike; 08-17-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: add link
Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;959
How do you remove the door panels?
http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4507

BuckMR2,ex 3.0 X Type,
2007 XJ Sovereign LWB TDVi, Decarbed, 26 PSI/600+Nm Torque , Premium Sound,Ruched leather,Rear Entertainment, ALL seats heat and recline,2012 Nav,20"Callistos,Redstuff ceramic pads,Mina Gallery Lower Grille,Late Jag Upper grille,Trays, DPF removed for more power and economy, both EGRs electronically closed and deleted as LH EGR was faulty and stuck shut...NITROUS to follow!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 PM

Does anyone know of a good place to buy the door panel clips online if you break a few?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Veteran Member

I think you should check in vendors first

NALLEY , JPAM , DUCKWORTH or
www.autoanything.com
www.ebay.com

Online Jag Parts :

www.jagbits.com

www.motorcarsltd.com

NITROUS OXIDE
Tutte Le Strade Portano A Roma
CHRONOMETRIC PRECISION

If You Drive A Porsche Boxter in Red, You're Unpleasant -Henry Cole
Old 05-22-2011, 02:39 PM

Dennis is correct. Door panel removal seems very difficult but is actually very straight forward. My suggestion is after you take out the 3 screws lay underneath the open door and pull the panel out a little. Then look up maybe even with a light. You will see the plastic clips/fasteners that are holding the panel. These clips are strong so I would use a metal panel puller tool to remove them, the longer the better as there are some at the top of the panel. There is one in the bottom right corner that should be removed first. Once this clip is removed you should be able to pull the panel out quite a bit and access the rest of the clips.
LED 's front and back
Custom sound system
Borla Exhaust / K&N
Old 01-13-2014, 04:33 PM

so does the speaker cover not come off on the 05 x-type ? or do I also have to take out the hole door panel just to change the speakers?
Old 01-14-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey6718 View Post
so does the speaker cover not come off on the 05 x-type ? or do I also have to take out the hole door panel just to change the speakers?
The replacement speakers you use need to be very shallow so that the magnets do not touch your windows inside the doors when they are rolled down. The old 6 1/2" MB Quart Reference Series woofers will bolt right up to the doors without contacting the windows inside the doors. Most speakers will need to have spacers made of thick MDF.

The speaker covers DO NOT come off. Don't try. I've removed my door panels many times over the years to swap speakers.

You'll need to remove one screw near the center of the door panel by the handle used to pull the door shut, and two screws from the very bottom of the door panels (on the front door panels). Once you remove all 3 screws from your front door panel, with a fast jerking motion, you have to pull the door panel off the door. They don't come off easy the first time. Pulling them off very quickly is the trick to getting the door clips to pop out. BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL THE PANEL TO FAR. YOU'LL RIP THE WIRING RIGHT OUT OF THE SWITCH ASSEMBLY.

There are 7 clips holding on each door panel, plus wiring for the window controls, and the cable going to the door handle and lock assembly. Of these 7 clips, a few will probably break. You can use the Ford replacement door clips from AutoZone. They're not exact and not perfect, but they will work.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:21 AM

Mind if I ask what you paid for the new panel? My shop quoted me almost $700 for a new front panel for a 2004 Saloon. Thanks.

2008 X-Type 3.0 AT
2004 X-Type 3.0 AT*
2004 Hummer H2 Adventure
2003 Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary Road King
1990 Mercedes 500SL

* Deceased

Last edited by bdevenyvm; 01-14-2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:21 AM

Tags
2002, caliper, door, interior, jaguar, panel, panels, rear, remove, removing, speakers, type, xjs, xk8, xtype