Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > X-Type
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

X-Type 2001 - 2009

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Default Knock sensor locations 02 X-Type 2.5

Hello all, appreciate any pdf photos of knock sensor locations on a
2002 2.5 X-Type, thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Photobucket

daxter.bels

You asked... I answered...

Car Articles: Knock Sensor removal on a 2.5 X-type

There is a pick and everything!!! If you tackle the job and take lots of pics I'll put them on the article

The Following User Says Thank You to daxter1987 For This Useful Post:
Bruce in North Dakota (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America

Daxter1987!

You be the man, man. The fact that you started an entire Blog on some of the fine points of Jag Repair is very commendable!

I know that many of us here will look forward to continuing additions to your Blog - heck, I've Bookmarked it / you already.

Nice straightforward stuff.

Please know I look forward to you posting some videos for us D.I.Y. 'ers. I am sure the moderators here will agree that links to your blog, and maybe even some videos , will be a welcome addition to this (best of all of the availible) Jag forum. Even though most people here post when they have a problem, a few "How To" posts will be well received from everyone.

(You might even get your own "Sticky's" on the top of a page or two!)

Please don't be shy. Post like crazy.

Kindly know I was very interested in your "Reset the Windows" part of your blog. I have been loathe to post my question about a similar problem - having searched fruitlessly through the forum - maybe you can help.

Even starting a new thread in response would be nice - it would make it more "searchable" for others that have the same problemo.

My problem is the Sunroof. Just ever so much of a hint of wind noise. It just needs to seal up - "press up", if you will - against the seal just a gnat's a** more. I have held little strip of paper all around the window seal looking for the leak, to no avail. I cannot bring myself to light a smoke in the car to see if that might help me find it, and trying to drive while running my ear around the seal is out of the question.

Will your window reset work for this, or possibly make it worse? Is there a screw or something to make it seal ever-so-little tighter?

Your enthusiasm and attention to instructive detail are not going unnoticed on this forum. check the "Viewer Count" out some Friday Eve or Saturday morning, you'll see hundreds of people poking around here.

Keep up the good work.

And some videos, man!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxter1987 View Post
You asked... I answered...

Car Articles: Knock Sensor removal on a 2.5 X-type

There is a pick and everything!!! If you tackle the job and take lots of pics I'll put them on the article

Good look-in out, PO333 Knock sensor 2, signal too high hasn't returned
so still waiting, thanks again for all.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM

Mihvv2008

Im having A problem with my car. The video I will post is the same noise that my 2002 X-Type makes when i start it. I just changed the front 3 Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs. any Ideas on what the Noise is. Thank You
Link of the Video:
Old 11-22-2013, 09:55 PM

Mihvv07
That sound in NOT clicking it's a low end knock,(rod bearing or wrist pin). Be very careful with the RPM you put on the engine or you will have a hole in the block or pan.This is my opinion from the sound on the video, I have heard this way to many times before and it never ends well.My opinion: Shit it off, drain the oil, refill with 10w40, no need to change the filter. Start it up BUT DON'T rev it up, just idle no more and see if the noise is less or same . In my opinion in either case it sounds like a engine rebuild but it might save you a tow bill if you can limp it to a reputable garage. With that loud of a knock if you hit 3000 rpm you will be sitting on the road side. Your knock sensor should be screaming at you but they only adjust the timing for bad fuel, carboned combustion cambers, ect) which is called a PING not a knock and is caused by uneven burning of fuel in the cylinders which leads to the pistons SLAPPING the bore walls and adjusting the timing helps stop this.It's not that simple but you get the idea.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 PM

I just reread my post and I had a typo, I meant SHUT IT OFF,
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM

Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America

Agreed, The "Death Rattle"

So sorry.

At least the engines are cheap now. Don't rebuild - too expensive. Find one in an "X" that someone mistook for a sports-car and wrapped around a tree.

You should be back on the road for under $3K

We all bow our heads for your loss.

But I gotta ask ya - what color is the oil?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 PM

Tags
02, 2002, fault, jag, jaguar, knock, location, locations, pic, pictures, po333, sensor, symptoms, type, xtype