Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Front parking lights...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Front parking lights...?

Hi all,

I have a 04 XType AWD 3.0L With no front parking (running) lights. The hazard and turn lights function normal as do the rear, head and fog. The fuses are fine. Any leads would be greatly appreciated, as I would prefer not to give Indiana's Finest any more reason to pull me over other than to admire my Jag!

Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 PM

To add to above post. the dash side marker indicator light is on when parking light switch is on.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Scotch, to get what you are describing, I can only think of 2 possibilities. Please keep in mind that I am assuming you are talking about all 4 of the front running lights not working (ie, 2 in the headlight high beam lens, the 2 on the side of the car on the bumper).

The more likely situation would be that you simply have all 4 bulb blow at roughly the same time. This can be easily proven by getting some new bulbs and replacing the ones in the side marker lights. If the new bulbs light up, then that would confirm this problem. Now, for the other possibility.

The other option is that the plug on the back of the fuse box got unplugged. Not unheard of, but unless you have been in doing wiring changes in the fuse box, the likelihood of this happening is pretty low. But, you can remove the engine bay fuse box and flip it over. If you think of the fuse box as having an up and a down, the upper part of the fuse box is going to have 3 plugs across the top in a little bit of a V pattern. The bottom of the fuse box has no plugs. In the center of the box, you will find 2 plug near the edges. You are after the left side connector. Make sure that is tight and installed fully. May want to even take it off just to do a visual of the pins to make sure that they are not rusted or anything else. The other thing that makes me think this is not the problem as you should be experiencing a few other pieces to the car not having power and therefore seeming like a bigger issue than just the running lights being out.

Hope this gets you back on the road in 100%.

The following users liked this post:
Scotchtravelers (04-13-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 AM

Thanks for the info. Yes Thermo it is the 4 front running lights. I am pretty sure the lights are not blown as my emergency flash and turn signals all work. I will look into the fuse box plugs as a previous owner had done some very silly and weird modifications that I am working to undo.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:26 PM

Thanks again Thermo, It was a multi light blow out on the side markers. They are all working. However the front 2 (1's next to headlights) still do not work. I replaced the bulb on the right just because it was easier than the left, but it still does not light when running lights are on. The turn and emergency work fine. The wiring and connectors look good. I am looking into the wiring schematics, but have found nothing that separates these lights from the side markers.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Scotch, you are talking about the ones in the high beam housings, correct? Just trying to make sure we are talking about the same lights. Lets see what I can come up with for you.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 AM

Yes Thermo, the 1's in the high beam housings. The connector looked good and all other lights function.