X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote starter

I'm interested in getting a remote starter for my Vehicle, now before you go on about "messing with a jags wiring is asking for trouble" it's gotten to the point that it's very necessary I live in the suburbs of Chicago and my hectic life style needs less hecticness. Plus I plan on keeping the X-type for several more years

First of all i'm curious to know how many X-types have Remote start

Secondly whats a good remote starter to get for my 05 3.0L X-type?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:33 PM

Bruh?

Old 01-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Received 183 Likes on 149 Posts

Found this if your interested not sure how it works though.

Jaguar s R x Type Remote Keyless Entry Activated Remote Start Kit Starter | eBay

Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

I know this is talked about occasionally on here, but I do not think a whole lot of members outfitted their cars like this, so you might not get very many timely responses. You might have to do some searching on here for past threads to get an idea of a recommendation and to get an idea of who might have done this. I don't think there is a ton of info on here about it, but there is some.

Good luck!

Old 01-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I had an aftermarket remote start installed on my previous car (Volvo) and it worked quite well, and I got a keyfob that replaced the original with door lock/unlock buttons as well as the start button. When I bought my x-type, I called the same person and asked about installing it in that car. He told me that installing it in a 2004+ x-type would be no problem because it uses Ford electronics. But he was not sure about the functionality of the existing keyfob. He asked me to try using the keyfob to lock/unlock the doors while the car was running. I tried that, and in fact the keyfob did not work in that situation. This meant I would probably have two keyfobs, one for the remote start and the original one for running the car and unlocking the doors. With the key attached to the keyfob I'm not sure how everything would work together. So, I ultimately decided to pass, at least for now, on the remote starter. It would be good to ask about existing keyfob functionality before you get it installed.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:35 PM

Just an update for anyone actually looking at this, decided to call up the local Jag dealer ship and he said it's ill advised to mess with the electronics to the vehicle and could cause future issues. Thats not something I like to hear so I kinda snapped I responded saying if a job is done poorly no matter what vehicle you begin modding will have future issues. but long story short I got someone who was sensible and told me that since I have a 05 Jaguar I can get away with using universal units and said it's advised to get a Transponder Bypass and something along the lines of a compatible immobilizer. He also said he's seen some X-type's that have DEI Units installed and the customers had it for the past 4-5 years no issues