Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing ECU

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing ECU

Hi All,

I've already post this but it seems to have despaired so here we go again!

I have a 06 Jaguar X-Type 2.0 manual, diesel engine, I was experiencing some performance issues, after I've broth my car to a mechanic, he said there are some electric issues and he can't fix it and I need a electrician. He also mentioned that there are some unknown faults in my ECU and only Jaguar dealer could know what they are. I've decided to buy of ebay the JLR SDD software to make more sense of what the mechanic was saying, now this is where the fun begins, in the software I've run a powertrain setup and in the middle of the update I've accidentally stepped on the OBD cable and pull it strait out from the OBD port, no damage done to the cable or the port. Of course, everything went down hill from here, the car would not start, not even trying to crank. After talking to a electrician, suggested the ECU's boot loader is corrupted in the process and since ECU mother board is glued in to it's case, it's way to difficult to repair and suggested to get a new one. A new one is out of the questions, this can lead to over 1000 in costs, so I go a second hand one from ebay.

I've plugged in the new one and I keep getting the message problem communicating with the ECU, so from what I understand it's like the ECU doesn't get powered on at all.

Could it be something else that broke down as well ? as I said, no damage to the cable or the OBD port. I presume this second ECU is faulty so I've sent it back and waiting for an other one now. I have tried this link Flashing the ECU with a Mongoose but I was not going any were same problem communicating with ECU.

Could you suggest any other checks ?

Or maybe someone that has more experience with JLR SDD software has other o pinons or recommendations ?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:12 AM

I have tried a other ECU, when I'm trying to Configure new modules - Powertrain control module with SDD I'm getting problem communicating with the ECU, is there an other step I should take first ?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:14 AM

BTW, I've checked all the fuses, none of them are broken.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Default Any luck?

Hi,
Did you get your car fixed? I'm having all sorts of ecu issues.
Thank you.