Sponsored by:

Sons X type 2.0d Sport premium + Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
A weekend well spent.

( Jim - are you offering this photography and posting service for all members or 'family only'? )

Graham
Rofl....Family only Graham.

I'm sure he won't get round to doing it and just wanted to update the thread, as the avid forumer that I am.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Test Drive wanted me me me!
That sorry she is a Lovely Sleek and Sexy Car!
Congratulations Jim and Peter.
The whole Dream is cast, the cool creme leather, manual as well, the All Wheel Drive and the Sheek Sleek exterior, the gleeming wheels and Good Tyres!
That is not an upgrade car, it the Divine Light, well Done, I have the feeling you have played a large part in this and if I'm ever up for adoption????? Ha ha
I hope the Family get to enjoy an Exquisite and refined car of power and Class!
Happy Hunting! Stu

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 07-17-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: SPELLING! Sorry folks!
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is a fine example of the X.

I like everything that is planned, but I would make one change...since the car is a 2007 and the leaper is not there, add the Mina Gallery 2008 Style Mesh Grill

Attached Thumbnails Sons X type 2.0d Sport premium + Mods-new-t-rille.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments and am sure Peter will too.

Quartz - No offence but there won't be any leaper going on the car.

Thats a personal taste thing I think, and probably more US orientated than UK, where it isn't actually legal anyway.

Funnily enough I saw an X type just the other week with the leaper added and I think it detracts from the looks

Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I meant without the leaper, just showing a picture of the mesh grill itself on a Black X...

Attached Thumbnails Sons X type 2.0d Sport premium + Mods-new-t-rille.jpg  

Last edited by Quartz X-Type; 07-18-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Quartz X-Type
I meant without the leaper, just showing a picture of the mesh grill itself on a Black X...

Ahhhh I see said the blind man

Again and to be honest, i spoke to Peter about this as a potential option to "upgrade" the car to a newer look.

She already has the mesh insert but the older style grill and to be honest, I think we both prefer that over the newer version
, so it'll probably remain as is.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey...someone put your steering wheel on the wrong side!!! I'd have that looked at ASAP!!

The following 4 users liked this post by chiefshb:
harvey_birdman (08-07-2013), Justicejamesb (01-28-2014), MeatBag (05-16-2014), Stuart Beattie (07-24-2013)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Gee, I thought the road was on the wrong side, thanks, phew!
Stu

Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member

Plate added X14 PED makes her stand out just a little more.

Now needs to consolidate before looking at other mods as mentioned so may be several months down the line on these yet?

Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lovely looking car.

I hope he has enjoyed ownership...

How are the mods coming, will you not have issues with white leds in the boot blade? I would have thought RED would have been more legal...

Cheers

Old 09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As to the leaper, I have to say (as I have one) that on a silver car is does not detract... but that is my opinion.

As to legality in the UK as long as it is not fixed, that is it can move if it comes into contact with anything, then I believe it is not a poorly bird...

Cheers

Old 09-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by caggers
Lovely looking car.

I hope he has enjoyed ownership...
How are the mods coming, will you not have issues with white leds in the boot blade? I would have thought RED would have been more legal...
Cheers
Loved ownership to date, with no issues and lots of compliments

As I said, no more mods for a few months yet, then probably lower grille and window tints, upgraded exterior lighting and the rear bootlid plinth.

Don't expect any issues with the white Leds tbh as I've seen a whole lot worse with BLUE headlights, red under lighting and the likes

Originally Posted by caggers
As to the leaper, I have to say (as I have one) that on a silver car is does not detract... but that is my opinion.

As to legality in the UK as long as it is not fixed, that is it can move if it comes into contact with anything, then I believe it is not a poorly bird...
Cheers

The leaper is a personal choice for everyone as I said before, not on the X type for him or me, but each to their own for sure.

Thanks for the kind comments

Old 11-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Well, had a litte run in with the dealer today, re the outstanding MOT for Peter's car, a real kerfuffle.

In previous phone calls, it was being dealt with, I'll get back to you, its in the post etc etc.

So I called today after Peter had called and was told, you're due an MOT on 29th December...WTF???
I checked and thought it should be around late May / early June, so called them back and asked to speak straight to the sales manager...

Anyway, let fly, but he couldn't be any more helpful and was as nice as pie......Mot due on around 25th May, he has MOT cover up to £750 and he scanned it in and emailed me a copy with 10 minutes .....All sorted!

The real upside is he's asked me to come in and enjoy a few hours with their F type......YES THANK YOU!!
I told him I would wait until winter was over and would contact him early spring and take him up on that offer.....roll on spring I say

With regard to the car so far?

Nothing mod wise done as yet. 2 front alloys need some minor repair work due to some over enthusiastic kerbs that attacked him one fine day, so that'll be £130

One tyre had a bulge due to this and needed replacing, as the other tyre was at around 4mm he decided to replace both so thats another £180

He's saying that the mods he has planned, he's looking at doing in mostly one lump to include.....

Lower mesh grille £100
exhaust finisher Adamesh £75
window tints £100
uprated bulbs all round £70
2 x alloys refurb £130
Rear bootlid plinth de chrome + leds £100

So that'll be £700 in early spring then....we'll see, although he's pretty adamant.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Ok so the money is just about available and so the mods will commence shortly............

Looking like as follows.

One front tyre needed replacing, but he just went for 2 new on the front so all good there.

In to Jaguar maybe next week or so for a free health check, in Edinburgh, may as well take advantage of it.

Whilst there he has slight damage to 2 front alloys so he's going to get them refurbed at the same place that did them for the dealership originally for around £130
The replacement wheel bolts have rusted and a new set were sorted under warranty by the company, so he's trying to get them replaced the same day......kills 3 birds with 1 stone.

The next few weeks will see the rear windows tinted, medium smoke NOT Limo black for around £100

All below to be ordered in the next week too, so should have some / most of this done probably in the next 4-6 weeks allowing for deliveries / delays etc etc....
Lower mesh grille £100
Leather cleaner / feed £60
New Jaguar car mats for spring /summer use, keepthe old ones for late Autum / winter driving £70

I'll keep you all updated as to how these go perhaps with a few updated pics to follow.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64
Ok so the money is just about available and so the mods will commence shortly............

Looking like as follows.

One front tyre needed replacing, but he just went for 2 new on the front so all good there.

In to Jaguar maybe next week or so for a free health check, in Edinburgh, may as well take advantage of it.

Whilst there he has slight damage to 2 front alloys so he's going to get them refurbed at the same place that did them for the dealership originally for around £130
The replacement wheel bolts have rusted and a new set were sorted under warranty by the company, so he's trying to get them replaced the same day......kills 3 birds with 1 stone.

The next few weeks will see the rear windows tinted, medium smoke NOT Limo black for around £100

All below to be ordered in the next week too, so should have some / most of this done probably in the next 4-6 weeks allowing for deliveries / delays etc etc....
Lower mesh grille £100
Leather cleaner / feed £60
New Jaguar car mats for spring /summer use, keepthe old ones for late Autum / winter driving £70

I'll keep you all updated as to how these go perhaps with a few updated pics to follow.

Tints done today by Mr Tint

Went for Dark Smoke in the end, which is around 20% I believe........dark enough so you can see shadows in the rear but not make out any detail and not a massive diffrence between front n rear.

Good dob done well

Car booked into Jag next Wednesday for a free health check, 2 front alloys refurbed and wheel bolt changeover at the same time.

All other parts now ordered and expecting them in sometime this week to be fitted as soon as time allows.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the progress reports. Excited to see pics of the upgrades and modifications!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks TT......

As soon as there's a good day, whenever that'll be there'll be a few pics added for sure.

I'll try to get him to take some comprehensive shots showing the car as is now, which should include.......

Private plate X14 PED added DONE
Window tints as previously posted ( rear only ) DONE
Front alloys refurbed to repair kerbing x3 DONE
New wheel bolts DONE
New Jaguar valve caps DONE
Vehicle health check by Jaguar today ( clean bill of health ) DONE
Lower mesh grille DONE
Upgraded headlights side lights, dipped & Full beam DONE
Upgraded number plate bulbs to superwhite DONE

Note - We went with the Lockwood International mesh grille as opposed to Adamesh. It looks better ( has a black rubber around the grille ) and is also £18 cheaper. Fits like a dream.
Fitting required bumper removal ( we'll post later ) which meant it was soo much easier to do the bulbs at the same time.

Fog lights still to do as they look to be H8 specials which we don't have just yet.

Its been around 9 days now and STILL waiting for the Adamesh rear exhaust finisher to arrive, will call to follow up on Monday!!

Getting ready to start the drilling / dremel process on the spare bootplinth which was ordered and has arrived.
Led's still to choose / buy
Red caliper paint to purchase to repaint the calipers in RED and also considering painting the J A G U A R on the engine cover also.

Just hoping for some decent weather and a chance to clean / detail and add some pics of the before / after.

Thanks

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (01-27-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member

He's spent some time on the engine cover........a nice little touch for under the hood..

2 coats of high temp Hammerite smooth in RED and its looking good.....I think he''s adding one more coat tonight to finish it off, but looks pretty neat I think

Attached Thumbnails Sons X type 2.0d Sport premium + Mods-20140128_183012_zpsbbd340ec.jpg  
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefshb
Hey...someone put your steering wheel on the wrong side!!! I'd have that looked at ASAP!!
Hahahahahahaha, that was too funny!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The X-Type is a sexy, sexy car. Her *** is just perfect! I love mine, even though she's broke down.

Quick Reply: Sons X type 2.0d Sport premium + Mods