X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WalMart battery versus Bosch

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

I don't know if its been brought out in this thread but the latest issue of "Consumer Reports";

rates the Wall Mart batteries quite highly across the board for a wide range of sizes including the big ones for our Jags.

Who knew?

Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently bought a Walmart Battery "Everstart MAXX94R". It dropped right into the tray no issues. Can't figure out how to hook up the vent tube. It's there, just need some sort of fitting to attach it to the battery. BTW $77.00.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

JaguarKnight:

Others can probably answer this better than I can. But I believe there is a foam gasket around the cover that snaps down over the box. Did you get your battery at WalMart? If you did, there should have been a red plastic cover snapped over the positive terminal. Attached to it is a small plug that you snap off and install in the unused vent hole on the battery on the side you do not use. That would be the right side facing the car. All I did was unplug the tube from the OEM battery and plug it back into the new one, but I do have the battery box and cover. The tube leads downward out of the engine compartment.

rjs853:

There is no fitting, the tube just slides onto the new battery in the same way it slide off the OEM battery. There is a small plastic fitting on the new battery and you just slide the tube on to it, and put a plug in the one on the other side. At least that is how I remember it from a few months ago. Someone can correct me if I am wrong on this.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Vent tube

My new Walmart Everstart 94R battery did not come with either the tube or the plastic elbow adapter, or even the plug for the other side. The battery only had holes on each side. However, the old battery did have a plug in one side. Not only that, but the vent tube was missing from my car. So, on Saturday, I went to the Jaguar dealer and ordered a new vent tube (they did not have it in stock). I got it today, and it comes with the plastic elbow adapter. I have not tried it yet, but it looks like it will fit into the battery. So, now I can think about getting the battery cover. The dealer charges $60 for them, so I did not buy it there. However, I have seen them for sale on the Internet for under $40, so I will probably get one eventually.

Thanks for your help, guys!