X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x type 2002 turns over but won't start

Old 03-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x type 2002 turns over but won't start

I have a 2002 x type 2.5 with 41k miles. A while ago I went drove my car for about:
3 minutes to get to one place

turned my car off and turned it on to get back home after about 15 minutes

and when I got home I turned my car off and tried to turn it back on right away and it wouldn't start.

My battery died shortly after this happened and I replaced it so it must not be a problem with my battery.

I have not gotten any work done on the car since I bought it in June 2013 and it always ran well before that. I will try to add more information as soon as possible.

It is almost as if this emoticon was made to describe my situation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by TommyLee; 03-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome to the forums, Tommy. A lot of friendly and helpful people on here. If you haven't already, stop by the new members section to introduce yourself.

I'm sure someone will be able to get to the bottom of your issue. Maybe a bit more information might help. Like, was it running well before that? Were you having any other issues with the car just before this? Any check engine lights show up or any codes you can read and post here? Did you recently have any work done on your car? I'm sure you get the idea. The more info you give, the better the chance someone can quickly diagnose your issue.

When you say you replaced the battery are you sure it was fully charged? Our cars are very sensitive when it comes to the battery. If it wasn't fully charged when you put it in that could possibly be the problem. The batteries are known to give up the ghost without warning.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Welcome to the forums, Tommy. A lot of friendly and helpful people on here. If you haven't already, stop by the new members section to introduce yourself.

I'm sure someone will be able to get to the bottom of your issue. Maybe a bit more information might help. Like, was it running well before that? Were you having any other issues with the car just before this? Any check engine lights show up or any codes you can read and post here? Did you recently have any work done on your car? I'm sure you get the idea. The more info you give, the better the chance someone can quickly diagnose your issue.

When you say you replaced the battery are you sure it was fully charged? Our cars are very sensitive when it comes to the battery. If it wasn't fully charged when you put it in that could possibly be the problem. The batteries are known to give up the ghost without warning.
Thanks, I will make a post in the new members sections shortly after this post. I bought a new battery at autozone and replaced it with the old one as soon as I got home.