X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xtype 2.2D Sport vibration 40+ when accelerating

Old 03-06-2015, 05:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtype 2.2D Sport vibration 40+ when accelerating

Hi Guys hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a 2006 xtype 2.2D it has 180k miles to its name and until recently drove like a dream, It does have a slightly buckled wheel which normally vibrated the steering wheel a little at 60mph.

But now at around 40 mph and accelerating or putting engine under load going up hill there is a noticeable shake/vibration, it does not transfer through the steering wheel , but feels more like it is through the body/seat of the car. It goes if you coast.

if you level the speed out its not too bad, but as soon as you need a little power power it there again.

Im sorry if this has been covered before, if it has can you please send a link >

Thanks

Jiffers

Old 03-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perdona que mi mensaje sea en espaņol y las expresiones gramaticales sean algo diferentes , yo tengo el mismo problema y veo que es de la transmision derecha del vehiculo ,el dado interno esta desgastado lo que provoca una vibracion al acelerar o al calcarse el coche sobre este costado y se queda relajado si dejas de acelerar ,una prueba que evidencia el fallo es que cuando vibre quites la velocidad dejandolo en punto muerto si esto hace que deje de vibrar es evidente que es transmision si sigue vibrando entonces son ruedas

The following users liked this post:
Paulo XTYPE 3.0 (08-19-2021)
Old 03-17-2015, 05:53 PM

sorry that my message to the sea in Spanish and grammatical expressions are somewhat different, I have the same problem and see which is the right transmission of the vehicle, the given internal worn this what causes a vibration when accelerating, or to trace this on the car side and is is relaxed if you leave accelerate, a test evidence that the bug is that when vibrate remove speed leaving point dead if this makes to leave vibrate is apparent, which is transmission if it still vibrates then son wheels

Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 PM

Classic symptoms of drive shaft that has got a bit of play in the inner joint. Had the same and it got so bad I could not drive the car over 30 mph felt as if the engine was shaking from side to side. Mine was the right hand (offside) one. Just get under the car and check for movement in the joints. Try to move them up and down or side to side if you can feel any play in them then that's your problem.
Got mine from these people in the end (Got a Ŗ130 + one to start with and it failed twice in 9 months then gave these a try been on for over 2 years now)
JAGUAR/DAIMLER X-TYPE 2.2 TURBO DIESEL CV JOINT DRIVESHAFT OFF/SIDE 05 ONWARDS | eBay

The following users liked this post:
Jiffers (07-26-2015)
Old 03-25-2015, 01:28 PM

gracias por la informacion .ahora tengo que ver la dificultad para traerla a ESPAŅA

Old 03-25-2015, 01:30 PM

Thanks for the info now that I see the difficulty para bring it to Spain

Old 08-19-2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jiffers
Hi Guys hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a 2006 xtype 2.2D it has 180k miles to its name and until recently drove like a dream, It does have a slightly buckled wheel which normally vibrated the steering wheel a little at 60mph.

But now at around 40 mph and accelerating or putting engine under load going up hill there is a noticeable shake/vibration, it does not transfer through the steering wheel , but feels more like it is through the body/seat of the car. It goes if you coast.

if you level the speed out its not too bad, but as soon as you need a little power power it there again.

Im sorry if this has been covered before, if it has can you please send a link >

Thanks

Jiffers
I have the same problem with my car, an xtype 3.0, and checking our forum, I noticed that a lot of people had or have the same problem. It's curious because even if I put the gearshift lever on N, the vibration persists at that fateful speed. An expert here suggested me balancing the wheels "on site" and not removing the wheels to balance on the machine. I will try this and share with you the result.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by TxeMary
perdona que mi mensaje sea en espaņol y las expresiones gramaticales sean algo diferentes , yo tengo el mismo problema y veo que es de la transmision derecha del vehiculo ,el dado interno esta desgastado lo que provoca una vibracion al acelerar o al calcarse el coche sobre este costado y se queda relajado si dejas de acelerar ,una prueba que evidencia el fallo es que cuando vibre quites la velocidad dejandolo en punto muerto si esto hace que deje de vibrar es evidente que es transmision si sigue vibrando entonces son ruedas
Creo que estas corretcto amigo! Garcias