X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 jaguar x-type heater core maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 jaguar x-type heater core maybe

Ok guys this may seem long and drawn out but I have a 2005 jaguar x-type 3.0 I'm a truck driver I left to go over the road long story short my engine frozen so I get back replace freeze plug and turns out headgasket but for some reason It still was leaking water/coolant down behind the motor and what seemed to be running down the drive shaft and hitting the ground by the back seat
So I pull the motor gonna put a new one in but I get in to deep thought about the situation and what if I replace the motor and it doesn't fix the problem like can I check the heater core with the motor out and if it's comming from the drain hose does that mean I need a new heater core please guys Pease help

Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Since the motor will be out, you can connect hoses to the heater core and pressure test it in place. If it holds pressure, max 15 psi then the core should be fine. If it doesn't then you will have to replace it.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh thank u man really appreciate it as it turns out it is bad changing that this morning now I'm trying to figure out what brand and volicity transmission fluid can I put in
From advance auto or orileys do I have to make another post or thread about that

Old 12-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

I and a lot of folks here recommend Castrol Import Trans fluid. While you have everything out it is a good time to drain and refill the transfer case.