Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio/SatNav - speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:18 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Audio/SatNav - speaker question

2006 X-Type VDP with Sat Nav and single disc player

NONE of the front door speakers are working. If I go into MODE on the radio and move the fader fully to front, the only sound I hear is the subwoofer.

I've read the threads about front speakers themselves losing connections through corrosion and whatnot, and how some have gotten them back working by soldering jumpers on the speakers.

I still have a hard time believing they would all go out. Both mids, AND both tweeters?

So my question is:
Is there a fuse or anything that protects just the front speakers? (the rear speakers all seem to be working)

I haven't pulled the radio yet and wonder if all speaker connections are in one big plug or are the front and rear speakers separated into their own connectors?

When you use the Sat Nav for directions..... do the voice directions come only from the front speakers? (right now if we enable voice directions, the radio mutes all speakers, but we hear no voice)

Just trying to cover bases. She goes in the shop tomorrow and I want to be sure I have at least SOME idea what to expect.

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 391 Likes on 288 Posts

does yours have dsp

Old 10-23-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by dennis black
does yours have dsp
Yes. And I've tried changing that. Didn't seem to make a difference at all. It was set to "All". I tried setting it to all of the other positions. I assume those are real time settings although I exited the menu and retried the fader after each change.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 391 Likes on 288 Posts

the car is 10 years old and i have a 2005 vdp my right speaker went on me i just took the door card of and replaced both speakers with kappas ,9 times out of 10 you will have to replace speakers

Old 10-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Speakers are an issue with these cars.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:15 AM

ok, well the jaguar dealer says I need 2 speakers. Now... I'm scratching my head a little here as the doors have 2 speakers EACH... woofer (or mid) and a tweeter.

If only the mids are shot, wouldn't the tweeters still be working? If I move the fader to full front, I get nothing... nada...zip... no sound at all. I would think that if ANY of the four speakers involved was working... I'd hear something.

Is that incorrect thinking?

Old 11-13-2016, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had 3 OEM alpine speakers went bad over one month. Ordered used on ebay from two different sellers, guess what, received 3 dead speakers. That's Jaguar "style", you just get used to it lol