X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, I need help!

Hello, I have a problem with the machine. The stove does not work, air conditioning. When you try to turn on the climate, the control gives an error on the communication fault monitor. What to do? Thank you in advance. Jaguar X-Type 3.0 2001

Old 10-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Hi, hopefully someone with be able to help you with your "machine".

Here is a link to another thread that might help get you started: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...l-unit-208091/

Do you have the touchscreen controls or the hard button control unit?

What is the exact message that comes up?

What were the circimstances when it failed? Did it fail just out of the blue or maybe some other work was being done and then when you next drove the car that came up? Any other details you could share?

Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Default Help

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Hi, hopefully someone with be able to help you with your "machine".

Here is a link to another thread that might help get you started: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...l-unit-208091/

Do you have the touchscreen controls or the hard button control unit?

What is the exact message that comes up?

What were the circimstances when it failed? Did it fail just out of the blue or maybe some other work was being done and then when you next drove the car that came up? Any other details you could share?

Hello. I have a touch screen with climate control. The breakdown happened by accident, the car stood for a long time at freezing temperatures. The exact error `` communication failure '' appears immediately after clicking on the climate button.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

Do you get the same communication error if you hit other buttons on the touchscreen? Or does it work for other functions? If other functions work at least you can start narrowing down where to start looking. Sounds like it might be a canbus issue.

How long did it sit out? You talking a a week or two or for months? Do you have any other issues with the car from sitting a while or does it otherwise run and drive well?

Old 10-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Don't you just love getting ANY info out of peeps by beating it out of them with a big stick? Car broke, how do I fix it? What part, any work done, any codes, how does (did it occur), does it start/drive, is there a noise, etc., etc., etc....?

The following users liked this post:
BlownKitty (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Dell Gailey
Don't you just love getting ANY info out of peeps by beating it out of them with a big stick? Car broke, how do I fix it? What part, any work done, any codes, how does (did it occur), does it start/drive, is there a noise, etc., etc., etc....?
Yeah....I know what you mean, but I look at it as a lot of people don't necessarily know much about cars or aren't familiar with forums. They know they have an issue and might not begin to even know what to ask. If it takes a little extra prodding, so be it I guess. That's what makes this forum so great compared to others. Someone is always willing to help someone else if they are at at least sincere. Plus, if everyone would just do a search on here and find their answer, it would be a lot more boring.

The following 3 users liked this post by Alfadude:
BlownKitty (10-23-2019), XJR350Leaper (12-24-2019), Yorta2 (10-23-2019)
Old 10-24-2019, 04:39 AM

[font][font][QUOTE = Alfadude; 2143905] Вы получаете ту же ошибку связи, если вы нажимаете другие кнопки на сенсорном экране? [/font][font]Или это работает для других функций? [/font][font]Если другие функции работают по крайней мере, вы можете начать сужать, где начать искать. [/font][font]Похоже, это может быть проблемой canbus. [/font][/font]

[font][font]Как долго он просидел? [/font][font]Ты говоришь неделю, две или месяцы? [/font][font]Есть ли у вас какие-либо другие проблемы с автомобилем, когда вы сидите какое-то время, или же он хорошо ездит и ездит? [/ QUOTE][/font][/font]

Only the climate does not work, when you press the button, the climate control gives an error. All other functions: radio, volume and the screen itself work. He stood for a long time, but it was in the cold a couple of days.

Old 10-24-2019, 08:43 AM

Only heating and climate do not work

Old 10-24-2019, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

How long did it sit? Long eough that you had to replace the battery? Does the car run and drive well now?

Was the heating and air conditioning working before it sat for a long time?

If it is saying it is a communication issue, like I mentioned previously, might be some sort of Canbus issue. I can't really give you any help o how to trace that down, but if you look inth eStickies section of the forum page you should be able to download the electrical diagrams. Might be able to at least give you a place to start to see how to trace it down. Could be as simple as a connection came loose or maybe corroded from sitting so long. I really can't say. Sorry I can't be of more help myself, but maybe someone else on here might have some ideas. This kind of issue is not something that is typically seen on here.

Old 10-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Or a fuse, lol

Old 10-24-2019, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 552 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by JanBratuha
[QUOTE = Alfadude; 2143905] Вы получаете ту же ошибку связи, если вы нажимаете другие кнопки на сенсорном экране? Или это работает для других функций? Если другие функции работают по крайней мере, вы можете начать сужать, где начать искать. Похоже, это может быть проблемой canbus.

Как долго он просидел? Ты говоришь неделю, две или месяцы? Есть ли у вас какие-либо другие проблемы с автомобилем, когда вы сидите какое-то время, или же он хорошо ездит и ездит? [/ QUOTE]

Only the climate does not work, when you press the button, the climate control gives an error. All other functions: radio, volume and the screen itself work. He stood for a long time, but it was in the cold a couple of days.
Hi Jan. Welcome to the forum. I understand it’s challenging trying to use Google translate to try and communicate from Russian to English. Perhaps it will behoove you to post photos of the error message you are receiving so we can try and sort it out.

загрузить фотографии сообщения

Old 10-27-2019, 04:24 PM
Default Help

The climate and heater just do not work, airflow and heating do not work. NOTHING LISTED, everything else works. When a button is pressed, climate writes a communication fault.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:16 PM
Default Help

[font][font][QUOTE = Alfadude; 2144286] Как долго он сидел? [/font][font]Долго ли, что вам пришлось заменить батарею? [/font][font]Машина сейчас работает и ездит хорошо? [/font][/font]

[font][font]Работали ли отопление и кондиционер до того, как он долго сидел?[/font][/font]

[font][font]Если он говорит, что это проблема коммуникации, как я упоминал ранее, возможно, это какая-то проблема Canbus. [/font][font]Я не могу вам помочь, как это отследить, но если вы загляните в раздел eStickies на странице форума, вы сможете загрузить электрические схемы. [/font][font]Может быть, по крайней мере, даст вам место, чтобы начать видеть, как отследить его. [/font][font]Это может быть так же просто, как если бы связь ослабла, или, может быть, она долго разъедала. [/font][font]Я действительно не могу сказать. [/font][font]Извините, я не могу больше помочь себе, но, возможно, у кого-то еще есть некоторые идеи. [/font][font]Этот тип проблемы обычно не встречается здесь. [/ QUOTE][/font][/font]
Hello, I checked the Dtc errors and got the following errors. CAN and ECM errors are scary. What to check? Thank you in advance. U1900
U2510
B1318
B1205
B1205
B2627
U2511
B1359

Old 11-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Default Help

[font][font][QUOTE = Spikepaga; 2144574] Привет, Ян. Добро пожаловать на форум. [/font][font]Я понимаю, что пытаться использовать Google Translate для общения с русским на английский сложно. [/font][font]Возможно, вам следует опубликовать фотографии полученного вами сообщения об ошибке, чтобы мы могли попытаться разобраться в нем. [/font][/font]

[font][font]загрузить фотографии сообщения [/ QUOTE][/font][/font]

Old 12-16-2019, 09:50 AM
Default Win

I fixed the control unit. Now everything works.