X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Currently

Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Geesh...

Hey, I read the entire thread from start to finish with great interest.

I figured it was worth the read, it has been active for so very long, and was updated even just yesterday.

Yes, since my comment was on an early portion of your thread, I felt it necessary to make two quotes in reference, as not to lose context with the current content.

Your baby is looking quite nice now, and I commend ya, kid - but I just could not let those early red, red, red RED damned rims go without comment!!!

Your statement "...I feel like it needs just a little bit more red somewhere" was just begging for a response, and left you open for the hat suggestion. I should apologize for the jab, but you have made me feel quite content with it now and I chuckle. My comment was made in good spirits and clean fun.

(had I intended to make you so snarkey with it, I would have suggested a red Trump hat, but that would have been a political comment and deserving of censure)

Personally, I'm not much on the rims, but I understand where you are going with that. They seem to me like red shoestrings on your tennis shoes, possibly your intent?

I do, however like you bold attempt with the flared wheel-wells. I myself have considered flared wheel-wells, but more on these lines:

Now, if I had those on my X, I would personally wear some old-guy plaid hat and those "just been to the optometrist and had my eyeballs dilated" wrap-around disposable sunglasses, and happily go around trying to stab pedestrians with my hood leaper, all day long!

Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality

The jag has taken a quick backseat to my Lincoln LS build. Long story short, I need a new daily driver because the jag will be MUCH too aggressive for daily use and I can't drive stock so plans for the LS are full OE suspension replacement with coilovers, Magnaflow catback, K&N CAI, 8.8 swap with Mark viii housing, 4.10 gearing and an SCT tuner, staggered 19's and a whole lot of fun. Guys on the LS forums make dyno'd reliable 400hp+ all day. That sounds good for a daily. 😊

Anyways, that's "currently" where the x type is at these days.
What about the Maverick? I thought that one was next to build out? You need to put 400+ horsepower in that.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

The maverick will never be a daily driver lol and that is what I will need next year.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 AM

Little update on the X Type.

New wider flares, 285/30/18 tires, took the wing off to build a custom duck tail style spoiler, added a front lower lip, gutted the interior from front seats back and quick disconnect steering wheel. Racing seats and new wheels being ordered this coming weekend unless my measurements find that the ST coilovers will work on our X Types.

Unfortunately money has been a little tight lately and the remodel is consuming too much money so it's still not boosted yet but I'm getting closer and closer. The transfer case output shaft bearings and seals were easily fixed and has been holding up well since putting it back on the road. I haven't given up and I'm still enjoying the car.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
Just thought I'd drop a current picture of the set up. I like the red a lot, what do you guys think?

That poor car had dignity once. Absolutely awful. The jaguar fairies should come and remove all your hair in the night.
Have you guessed, I don't like it. Do it to one of your American cars but please not a Jag!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by DUNKS
That poor car had dignity once. Absolutely awful. The jaguar fairies should come and remove all your hair in the night.
Have you guessed, I don't like it. Do it to one of your American cars but please not a Jag!

Hahahaha

I don't know if you realized but that was like 3 different setups ago... Way to be on your toes genius.