X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disabling x-type auto lock feature FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile relock is doors not open

The X has a feature I read about in the handbook. If U unlock the doors with the FOB they will automatically relock about 45 seconds later,IF YOU DO NOT OPEN ANY DOOR OR TRUNK LID, If you open the doors or lid the feature is cancelled out until the next time you unlock it. I had this feature on my Benz and liked it. But the handbook said this feature is not enabled at the factory and to see your dealer. Does anyone know how to engage this feature? As I called the dealer and of course they want at least $105 to do this, that is 1 hour labor around here. Thanks

Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

+1 on the how to auto lock after 45 secs. I sometimes forget to lock the car, and when your 7 feet away, the key fob is too far to work!

Also would like to know how to program the Auto Up/Auto Down windows from the key fob as well, if anyone can give us an insight. I know if you put the key in and hold it in the lock position they will close.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Smile Auto Lock

The auto lock feature only works when the doors are already locked and you do not open the doors or lid, as I said it a 45 second cycle. It does not auto lock the doors when you get out and close them. Only way to lock the doors then is to use the FOB or key.

The auto up and down is programmed with the buttons on the drivers door. you close the window hold the button up for 2 seconds, let go of button for two seconds and then pull up button for 2 more seconds. This should activate the auto up and down. When I had a new battery installed, this was the way the handbook said to do it and it worked.

Another nice feature I had on a Benz was if you had all the windows closed, you pressed the unlock button on the FOB and held it down and the windows will open. If they are opened you pressed the lock button and hold and they closed. No such function on the X.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM

I think the auto lock is a great feature and it is a safety feature also, all cars should have this feature. My sons car auto locks as soon as you move the shifter out of park.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Lueb
If they are opened you pressed the lock button and hold and they closed. No such function on the X.
Thats exactly what I wanted to be done, with the key fob up and down. I heard you can have the feature on the X, but must be programed by the dealer. Any Techs want to help out?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Smile Lock

Originally Posted by fabfive
Thats exactly what I wanted to be done, with the key fob up and down. I heard you can have the feature on the X, but must be programed by the dealer. Any Techs want to help out?
To the best of my knowledge and also I just tried it you cannot lower or raise the window with the key. You can however have the 45 second lock and unlock if the doors and lid remain closed. programmed by your dealer, but it is a hour labor. I did a search on Google and could not find anything about how to program the 45 second feature.

Ps: Do you have a owner's manual? It explains most of the features available or on the car.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 PM

Hey,

If you have the windows fully down on the car, Put the key in the drivers door, and twist it to the right and hold, they will go up. (as if you were locking the door manually. Kinda lame imo, but it works.

- Dave

Old 05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a 3 year old Grand Daughter. Auto-locking doors is a must for me. I like hearing her say "Pop Pop", what was that noise... I just tell her, It's your additional protection.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

To the best of my knowledge and also I just tried it you cannot lower or raise the window with the key. You can however have the 45 second lock and unlock if the doors and lid remain closed. programmed by your dealer, but it is a hour labor. I did a search on Google and could not find anything about how to program the 45 second feature.

Ps: Do you have a owner's manual? It explains most of the features available or on the car.
I know when I lock the car with the key in the door and hold it to the right all the windows and sunroof close, also activates the alarm, I am going to try and see if the reverse happens if I unlock and hold the key to the left.

My X5 has the auto open windows and auto close on the fob, nice feature on a really hot day.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Smile Auto Lock

Originally Posted by fabfive
Hey,

If you have the windows fully down on the car, Put the key in the drivers door, and twist it to the right and hold, they will go up. (as if you were locking the door manually. Kinda lame imo, but it works.

- Dave
Yes as you described works, Too bad the key won't lower them also, on a real hot day the car could get some air an cool down a bit

Last edited by Adam Lueb; 05-11-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Smile One touch windows

While we are on the subject of locks and windows. My right rear window won't auto open and close on the driver's door. On the door itself press the button and auto up and down works. Before I had my battery changed last fall all the windows worked with auto up/down from the driver's control panel. I had to reset all the windows and they work as they should, except for one. I tested the fuse boxes and there OK, So I assume it is the switch? How do you get off the plate that holds the 4 window controls on the driver's door. I have tried resetting it from the drivers door and from the rear door but nothing happens wit the driver's button, but as I said at the rear door itself the auto up/down works fine. Any ideas

Old 05-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Personally I love the lock and unlock feature, Great safety item also. Most Euro cars have this feature today, also the auto unlock and lock if you don't open the door within 45 seconds

Old 05-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

While we are on the subject of locks and windows. My right rear window won't auto open and close on the driver's door. On the door itself press the button and auto up and down works. Before I had my battery changed last fall all the windows worked with auto up/down from the driver's control panel. I had to reset all the windows and they work as they should, except for one. I tested the fuse boxes and there OK, So I assume it is the switch? How do you get off the plate that holds the 4 window controls on the driver's door. I have tried resetting it from the drivers door and from the rear door but nothing happens wit the driver's button, but as I said at the rear door itself the auto up/down works fine. Any ideas
I don't have an answer to your question but I know what you're saying about your problem. I have the same thing happening on my '03 but it only happens occasionally. Usually they all work then out of the blue one or more windows will not 1 touch from the master panel but will work from the individual door switch. Drives me crazy, but I've learned to live with my cars moods. Right now today all windows are working properly from the master switch.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Smile Windows

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
I know when I lock the car with the key in the door and hold it to the right all the windows and sunroof close, also activates the alarm, I am going to try and see if the reverse happens if I unlock and hold the key to the left.

My X5 has the auto open windows and auto close on the fob, nice feature on a really hot day.
My C Class Mercedes also had this feature on the FOB. Kinda lame on the key and they windows don't open if you unlock the X and hold the key, Why one and not the other?

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Smile One touch windows

Originally Posted by Green Machine
I don't have an answer to your question but I know what you're saying about your problem. I have the same thing happening on my '03 but it only happens occasionally. Usually they all work then out of the blue one or more windows will not 1 touch from the master panel but will work from the individual door switch. Drives me crazy, but I've learned to live with my cars moods. Right now today all windows are working properly from the master switch.
I'm not too concerned with it either, just curious why one switch works but the master switch doesn't. I very seldom have passenger in the back so the window don't get opened much. I is odd that this happened after I got a new battery. Before I did I had all kinds glitches now and then the front does wouldn't unlock from the inside, you had to use thee fob, the Cd player would eject during a song, the backup sensors would go off with nothing in back of me. When I changed the battery all these went anyway and are working properly. But the window thing started.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Smile Rear one touch window

today it is raining hard here in New England. I went to lower the front passenger side front window and I hit the rear passenger side rear window button and low and behold it went down with one touch. I tried is several times and it was hit and miss whether the one touch worked or not. I noticed when I was trying to reset it the other day, there was a terrible squeal as the window moved. Today there is no squeal as the rain must have gotten into the rubber the window goes up and down with. Anyway I took a car of Silicon Spray and sprayed inside the rubber where the window moves. I tried the one touch and it worked 4 out of 6 times. Now I am really baffled, unless the squeal was a sign of the rubber drying out and offering resistance to the one touch feature and now that is it wet it works, so of.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

Dont like bringing old post back but I was reading on the auto lock stuff and saw that a few on here are wondering about the Window up/down funtion from the key fob. I'm not sure if you can do this on a X-Type or not, but in the S-Type forum Stickies I have a Hints, Tips, and Tricks thread that will explain how to set this feature up for the S-Type. Normally this is a dealer activated funtion. It works for the S-types, so perhaps it'll work for the X-types. Good Luck.

Edit: The link...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-tricks-61017/

Old 11-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

On my 04 x-type estate, lock car, hold down lock on fob, if any of the windows are down, the windows will go up. One touch up/down must be programmed before hand. Works everytime though.

I know 2 stage lock/unlock can also be activated on the fob, just hold down lock and unlock at same time till hazards flash.

Last edited by Ian D; 11-28-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

JFenley, thanks for a useful post and for answering the question that was asked. To you other guys...why do you have to take off on every permutation and combination of inane speculation about door locks? If you want to talk about something else start another thread with a clear heading.

Last edited by Tony_H; 11-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM
M9G
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've just disabled mine, thank god!!!!!! I cant stand the feature, i find it really annoying but I can see why it is beneficial especially with alot of car jacking going on when in traffic in towns and cities.

Quick Reply: Disabling x-type auto lock feature FAQ