Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front passenger door lock/unlock

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default front passenger door lock/unlock

Hey guys

I just found that the front passanger door does not lock/unlock with the remote, also if I manually lock/unlock the driver's door does not do anything and to make things more weird if I manually unlock/lock the passanger's door then all doors respond.
If if unlocked when the car moves does not lock either.

There's no problem with any of the other ones.

What type of pain this is?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

verdugo, I have had many locking problems on my xtype and I've finally gotten them all figured out. I would like you to be a little clearer though in your description of your locking problem so myself and other members can help you out.

This is a little easier to understand. ie.
Unlock the car via keyfob: passenger door does not respond
Unlock passenger door by hand: All locks respond
Unlock driver door by hand: Passenger lock does not respond

Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Got it!
Unlock/Lock door via keyfob: front passanger door does not respond
Unlock/Lock drivers door by hand: all locks respond but front passanger 1
Unlock/Lock front passanger door by hand: all locks respond
Autolock while car moving: all locks respond but front passenger 1

Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This car has one of the most confusing unlock/locking mechanism but try this.

In order for the key fob to unlock all doors you have to press the unlock button twice. It is the same with using the key to open all doors, you have to turn the key twice within a second or so.

You cannot lock the doors if engine is running, safety feature to prevent you locking your keys in the car but if there is another passenger in car they can lock themselves in.

So press key fob 1 time for driver door and twice for all doors
Turn key in driver door 1 time for driver door and twice for all doors.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm no expert here but it sounds like there is some sort of issue with your front passenger lock receiving the signal to lock from another source. Maybe there is a loose/damaged wire somewhere that prevents that specific lock from receiving the lock command. However, it seems like it is still able to send the command to other locks.

I would probably start by looking at the wiring for that lock. I've never had this issue before but maybe other members will have the answer. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
verdugo (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM

I meant to say, when I turn the engine on and the car reaches a speed equal or higher than 5mph all locks actuates except for the passenger door one. All Jags has the same feature. Sorry if I didn't explain well.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Thanks, that's sounds like a good plan to me... I will check that door over the weekend and I will keep you updated.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

emaraszek, I had this EXACT same problem. It drove me up the wall for about 3 months cause I had never seen this and I went through a couple door actuators to find the problem. The thing is that someone had stuck a multi-meter in the female part of the plug to test for continuity, however, this damaged the leads on the female part of the plug. I took one strand of copper wire, made a "booster" that extended the leads of the female part of the plug. Essentially, I separated a copper wire into strands, took one strand, and put it all the way to the bottom of the damaged connector and then bent it over on top so it wouldn't move. I connected it and it has been working ever since! The thing I can assure you is that you have a damaged wire/connector on one of the sockets for your actuator.

Hope that helps! I wish I took pictures

The following users liked this post:
verdugo (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM

I agree with you, cz if the actuator were broken most likely it wouldn't send a signal to the other ones when I lock it manually. The fact is that this actuator is not responding when required.

Old 05-16-2021, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door locking issues

Originally Posted by disguay
emaraszek, I had this EXACT same problem. It drove me up the wall for about 3 months cause I had never seen this and I went through a couple door actuators to find the problem. The thing is that someone had stuck a multi-meter in the female part of the plug to test for continuity, however, this damaged the leads on the female part of the plug. I took one strand of copper wire, made a "booster" that extended the leads of the female part of the plug. Essentially, I separated a copper wire into strands, took one strand, and put it all the way to the bottom of the damaged connector and then bent it over on top so it wouldn't move. I connected it and it has been working ever since! The thing I can assure you is that you have a damaged wire/connector on one of the sockets for your actuator.

Hope that helps! I wish I took pictures
​​​​​
My name is CRoan.
I know you're going to find this strange but this is what I found out. The little white cap at the end of the door cable that attaches to the door handle Works its way loose and starts creeping not letting the cables fully extend backwards to engage the door lock actuator. Push your White cap rearward until it seats properly on the cable housing and test by manually pulling the cable to open the door. Close the door and push the cable in the housing rearward and hopefully, like mine, the door actuator will start operating properly. Hope this helps.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Can I make two quick, but helpful, suggestions . . .
1) this is an entirely different problem when the issue (and fix) was the 'send' function to other doors, as per original post;
2) never, but NEVER, resurrect a 9 year old post and especially one which was resolved.

I offer these in the spirit that you are a newcomer to the forums, and suggest you have a read of the other helpful hints and forum etiquette contained in the new members area. That said, it's great to welcome you aboard and hope you enjoy your experience here.