Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Happy Easter gift for you guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default A Happy Easter gift for you guys

Happy Easter JaguarForums!

I thought today would be a good day to share some information with you guys. I have teamed up with a manufacturer to produce oem replacement larger/stiffer adjustable sway bars for the X Type. I will have them available through me on ebay in 4-6 weeks. As of now they will not come with bushings but they will pretty soon after release as I'm talking with a couple companies about bulk purchases of their bushings.

The sway bars are 30mm front and rear and 2 way adjustable. They will fit like oem but will require the purchase of a 30mm poly bushing with clamp, most likely any mazda 3/ford focus aftermarket bushing and clamp will work. I eventually want to have a cnc clamp designed to sell with the sway bars as a complete kit.

The rear bar will not have a female threaded hole on the end like the factory bar, it will have a tab with two holes that will allow you to run Mazda 3 end links which are the same size but there are adjustable and much stronger aftermarket end links on the market, I went with Whiteline adjustable end links.

Initial pricing will be $300 per bar or $550 if you buy the set. That price will go down after proven sales and I can get my per piece rate down a little with the manufacturer.

The prototypes are on their way to me now and I will post pictures when they come and I will also document the install of them. It will be 4 weeks before my car is even done with the rebuild so I'll let everyone know how it feels once its done.

Complimentary *** shot...

Last edited by X-TypeMentality; 03-27-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
Happy Easter JaguarForums!

I thought today would be a good day to share some information with you guys. I have teamed up with a manufacturer to produce oem replacement larger/stiffer adjustable sway bars for the X Type. I will have them available through me on ebay in 4-6 weeks. As of now they will not come with bushings but they will pretty soon after release as I'm talking with a couple companies about bulk purchases of their bushings.

The sway bars are 30mm front and rear and 2 way adjustable. They will fit like oem but will require the purchase of a 30mm poly bushing with clamp, most likely any mazda 3/ford focus aftermarket bushing and clamp will work. I eventually want to have a cnc clamp designed to sell with the sway bars as a complete kit.

The rear bar will not have a female threaded hole on the end like the factory bar, it will have a tab with two holes that will allow you to run Mazda 3 end links which are the same size but there are adjustable and much stronger aftermarket end links on the market, I went with Whiteline adjustable end links.

Initial pricing will be $300 per bar or $550 if you buy the set. That price will go down after proven sales and I can get my per piece rate down a little with the manufacturer.

The prototypes are on their way to me now and I will post pictures when they come and I will also document the install of them. It will be 4 weeks before my car is even done with the rebuild so I'll let everyone know how it feels once its done.

Complimentary *** shot...
"Dear, do these tires make my *** look fat?"

Love em!

Old 03-27-2016, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Sorry, not my cup of tea!

Old 03-27-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by iownme
"Dear, do these tires make my *** look fat?"

Love em!
Lol

"Well honey... It does look fat, but in an oh so perfect way"

Old 03-27-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Sorry, not my cup of tea!
Thank you for your valued opinion. Although, yours doesn't have to look like mine in order to utilize my sway bars

Old 03-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
Thank you for your valued opinion. Although, yours doesn't have to look like mine in order to utilize my sway bars
I know the tires r not related to your thread (and thanks for the thread and ur research) but any side and front pics?
What size are they?

Old 03-28-2016, 07:05 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Aren't gifts suppose to be free?..just saying....I'm kidding!

Last edited by DPK; 03-28-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Jac
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I hope you don't plan on driving it in Pennsylvania. With those tires sticking out and red lights in the front, I'm sure you would get pulled over in a heartbeat.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 AM

How about the free part is you, or anyone else on this forum, not having to put up $2800 for research/development, the prototypes and the first lot for something a lot if us have wanted...seems like a damn good gift to me, at least to the people who have wanted stiffer sway bars... I'm beginning to think no one here wants anything to do with aggressive and progressive mods so I'll quit posting.

As I have already responded to the statements about driving with the red lights on, I will refrain from saying something stupid...

For anyone who doesn't have something smart to say, you can pm me about the sway bars.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DPK
Aren't gifts suppose to be free?..just saying....I'm kidding!
Either you added the I'm kidding or I neglected to see it but I apologize for being a jerk either way.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:07 AM

Revision to the sway bars..

30mm was just way too stiff for the type of steel used so they were dialed down to these numbers here...

Stock outputs:
Front sway bar output is 19mm and 271lbs/inch.
Rear sway bar output is 19-20mm with 591lbs/inch.

Aftermarket outputs:
Front bar output is 25mm with 661lbs/inch on soft setting and 860lbs/inch on the stiff setting.

Rear bar output is 22mm with 1065lbs/inch on soft setting and 1385lbs on the stiffer setting.

This set-up allows you to almost 50/50 the weight distribution with the stiff setting in front and soft setting in rear.

Contrary to my first post about these, they will come with polyurethane bushings and brakets with zerk fittings, and sway bar locators, also known as bar locks. The price will remain at $300 per bar or $550 for the set...

I haven't tested them yet, the car just landed back on all fours late last night. I need to fix a (nother) coolant leak and get it aligned and I'm good to go. I have been chasing small coolant leaks with this car since day one lol

PM me or email me at installersdirect26@yahoo.com if interested.

Last edited by X-TypeMentality; 04-24-2016 at 09:11 AM.