X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring Looms for Nav Sat upgrade

Old 10-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default wiring Looms for Nav Sat upgrade

I need to know just what wiring looms I need for my upgrade.
I have already the standard Navsat loom - front to rear / the telephone loom
I am fitting the RCCM & Bluetooth modules with the Sat Nav system. Can anyone tell me just how many looms comprises
the complete and full upgrade that includes - SatNav - Bluetooth - Voice control - Climate control - telephone - CD 6x interchanger.
regards

Old 10-29-2018, 04:32 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

satnav needs needs two looms one from satnav to front footwell and the next from footwell to touchscreen, unless you make one up to do both
voice and bluetooth are on the same loom it just has an extra plug on the phone end, again you can convert a phone loom to voice and phone. However you can't just convert a GSM phone loom ( the one that has a phone in the car) to bluetooth as the plug that goes to the phone end needs the be rewired to take the btum unit.
the 6 cd changer just plugs into the plug already fitted in the boot area.
You will need a fibre link cable that has 5 ends on it, one to the fibre socket in the trunk one to the satnav dvd, one to the cd changer, one to the phone module and one to the voice unit.
if you have the climate control with one knob and a small screen then the RCCM just replaces it using the same plugs. But if you have the three knob manual version then its a bit more work. you have to change the internal fan in the blower, fit an internal temp unit, fit external temp sensor, and add wires to the plugs that now go to the RCCM.

The following users liked this post:
rayclark1 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 09:39 AM

Thank you for this info, it is the connectivity particularly the fibre optics - like how many each end I needed to know. Had not
realised that the possibility to change the climate control fan existed, hope I manage to avoid this little cherry. My main aim
is to replace the jaguar system with an android screen and functionality. cheers for your post reply

Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 708 Likes on 633 Posts

Once again, search is a marvelous tool. This has names, part numbers, description, installation instructions =

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...trofit-209825/

rayclark1 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 PM

Dell
I plough on with snippets here and there desperately trying to get the picture. It has been inferred to me
that the phone/bluetooth wiring already exists in most xtypes irrespective whether or not fitted with a satnav system.
Thanks for the search address supplied every little piece of this puzzle helps.
regards

Old 10-30-2018, 08:29 AM

pin connections between phone module and BTUM or gsm phone. you can dismantle the plug that goes to the centre console and reposition the pins as needed. make sure you check the connections before plugging the btum in and powering up.

Last edited by x_type_lpg; 10-30-2018 at 08:40 AM. Reason: format
rayclark1 (10-30-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 11:27 PM

This connection gives me the biggest problem in understanding what is happening here. Presently I have not looked to see if I have any wiring under my centre console
or arm rest. I understand that the bluetooth module has a fibre optic lead with 3 connectors - My vehicle is fitted with a telephone loom as yet not used and awaiting the modules to be installed in boot. Does the fibre optic cable run under the carpet to the location of the BTUM there and then onward to the front of the car? At which point can the pin repositiong take place - where is that plug located ? Sorry to be so vague but the connection or sequence of connections seem complex.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:42 AM

the connection on the phone loom that goes to the gsm phone unit or BTUM fitted under center console is wired differently for each. do you have a phone loom already fitted? if so check the silver metal box phone module to see if it has 4US on it, if not then the loom is for a gsm phone and the plug connections will need to be altered.

if the phone loom was factory fitted it should have a label on it giving the part number.

the optical cables runs in a daisy chain between all modules fitted in the boot, it does not connect to the Btum. there will be a optical cable socket in the boot fixed to the metal upright,. the other end will be in the front foot well near the fuse box and from there to the radio unit.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:59 PM

I took the boot lining panel on the left side to expose the telephone loom there - but unconnected
The phone loom is labelled as 1X43-19A442-JAA - nearby and taped to the same loom is 1X43-14B242-FHB
The silver Bluetooth module I still await to arrive so cannot check for the 4US markings.
I am going to take up my center armrest console to check for the Rccm unit
Thanks for the info on connectivity and locations.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:07 AM

Simon - I have a telephone loom fitted already 1A43-14B242-FHB will I be able to use this for the bluetooth module ?
The module has the 4US marked on BLUETOOTH MODULE it but it did not come from my vehicle.
I have the following additional wiring looms as a precaution
1X43-19A442 HAB
1X43-19A442 HAA
They appear identical to the factory installed loom.

I understand that I have to fit the Navigation Harness - which I have (4X43-10E925 BL ) and will run front to rear as directed
This harness has two plugs - ISO types half way along - Blue one with a connector with two rows of 8 pins and a large green one with two rows of 8 pins
one side is fully pinned the other only 5 pins} WHAT ARE THESE AND WHERE DO THEY CONNECT ? )

I am hoping to avoid having to fit the BTUM in the centre armrest console - will I get away with ?

Anyway enough for now - I am obliged to you for your help in this work - not easy to suss out by someone who is unused to doing a job of this nature.
Regards
Ray

Old 11-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Default Wiring looms on navigation system etc

Simon - I have a telephone loom fitted already 1A43-14B242-FHB will I be able to use this for the bluetooth module ?
The module has the 4US marked on BLUETOOTH MODULE it but it did not come from my vehicle.
I have the following additional wiring looms as a precaution
1X43-19A442 HAB
1X43-19A442 HAA
They appear identical to the factory installed loom.

I understand that I have to fit the Navigation Harness - which I have (4X43-10E925 BL ) and will run front to rear as directed
This harness has two plugs - ISO types half way along - Blue one with a connector with two rows of 8 pins and a large green one with two rows of 8 pins
one side is fully pinned the other only 5 pins} WHAT ARE THESE AND WHERE DO THEY CONNECT ? )

I am hoping to avoid having to fit the BTUM in the centre armrest console - will I get away with ?

Anyway enough for now - I am obliged to you for your help in this work - not easy to suss out by someone who is unused to doing a job of this nature.
Regards
Ray

Old 11-22-2018, 03:41 AM

check the small plug that goes to the BTUM unit, its the same one used for the GSM phone but the layout of the pins are different, I sent you a photo of the plug with the layout for bluetooth.

the plugs halfway along the satnav and phone loom connect under the rear seat, same color plug on loom to same color socket under seat, except the small grey one from the satnav loom use the one from the phone loom.

the btun can be fitted between the carpet and the steel chassis just in front of the rear seat, not on the floor but on the raised area that forms the foot well.

the footwell socket (green) on the end of the nav loom plugs into a socket on the fuse box area under the dash, if its fitted if its not there you will have to make up a loom to connect to the rear of the touch screen.

rayclark1 (12-01-2018)