X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ho2 sensorbank 2 downstream 2/2 location ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

smartmart, it will be located underneath the car. What you will need to do it to raise the vehicle high enough that you can slide under the vehicle. Now, with the engine above you, find the exhaust manifold coming down along the firewall (the other is up against the radiator). You will see a canister on this pipe. On the side of this canister you will see the O2 sensor. This is the sensor that you are after.

Before you replace this sensor, take a look at the wiring. This sensor does not normally fail. Normally the wiring comes in contact with the exhaust system and it shorts out that way, giving the computer a false signal. if the wiring looks good, then the sensor did fail.

if you need more help, just hollar.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Martin, not a problem. I know we can't always get all the time we want with our vehicles (something about the wife and kids wanting to see us, he he he he). The big thing is that the problem is fixed. Enjoy driving your kitty.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Richie, look on e-bay. There are JTIS CD's on there all the time and they will normally have a lot of the diagrams you are looking for. You just have to make sure that the CD that is available covers your vehicle. I spent like $10 for the one I have and has more than paid for itself.

As far as your sensor location, bank 2 is the radiator side of the motor. So, what you will need to do is to remove the air box (both halves). From there, the sensor will be right there. You will see it mounted on the exhaust manifold.

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
dspguitar (02-06-2011)
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

Sean, I would change just the one sensor and call it good. No need in spending hte extra money on a part that isn't bad.

As for the ABS issue, I would venture to guess that you bumped something when you did the brake job and is unrelated to the O2 sensor issue. I would first do a quick look at the wiring associated with the wheel speed sensor on each wheel. After that, you will need to remove the speed sensors for each of the rear wheels and make sure that the metal ring is still in 1 piece (look in the whole where the sensor was and should see a bunch of metal gear teeth there). If you don't see the teeth, then you have a bad wheel ring and it needs to be replaced. A common problem with our cars is that this ring will deteriorate and will break into a few pieces, causing the sensor to not be able to pick up the wheel speed, leading to the fault.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Veteran member

Sean, I am not sure where you got the "linear Oxygen Sensor Control Chip Bank 2" statement for P1647, but according to the JTIS CD, the P1647 code is for a bad bank 2 upstream sensor. So, looking like you will need to replace that sensor too. If that doesn't fix it, then the other possible problem is the ECM. I would first check the wiring between the O2 sensor and the ECM just to make sure.

As for the speed sensor, you can do a quick check of the sensors by unbolting them from the car and then connecting a multimeter across the two terminals. Set the multimeter to the DC voltage scale. NOw, using a large screw driver or other piece of steel that is magnetic, pass it as close and fast as you can by the tip of the sensor (the part that sticks in the spindle). You should see the multimeter jump. If it jumps, the sensor is good, no jump, bad, replace the sensor.

after this, this might be one of those times where you will need to take the car to the dealership to have them read the codes. These codes can only be read using a higher end code reader (ie, one that can get into more than just the ECM). Some of the small repair shops may be able to read this for you too. But, you will need to ask if they can read the ABS codes specifically. Then once you get that code, let me know and we can go from there.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Richie, look on e-bay. There are JTIS CD's on there all the time and they will normally have a lot of the diagrams you are looking for. You just have to make sure that the CD that is available covers your vehicle. I spent like $10 for the one I have and has more than paid for itself.

As far as your sensor location, bank 2 is the radiator side of the motor. So, what you will need to do is to remove the air box (both halves). From there, the sensor will be right there. You will see it mounted on the exhaust manifold.

Hope this helps.
Thermo, I know that this post is a little old (2009), but i just read it and it helped me. I had a P0057 as well, and from your post was able to identify where the Bank 2 downstream sensor (2/2) was located and replaced it yesterday. The engine light is still on even after driving around for a few minutes. Will the light go off by itself, or do I need to have the codes reset in order for the the light to go off. thank you.