X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name of vacuum hose attached to breather hose??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Name of vacuum hose attached to breather hose??

Can anyone tell me the name/description or part number of the vacuum tube that attaches into the large hose leading from airbox and into the throttle body? It's on the opposite side of the MAF and is the small hard plastic tube that makes a right angle and goes under Intake Manifold then continues under manifold. I can't tell if that part is contributing to my vacuum leak since I can't spray carb cleaner along its whole length. I found a video on changing spark plugs that shows this tube connects on top of valve cover on the back set of cylinders underneath intak manifold. I will be taking intake off Wednesday but would like to know what this particular vac tube is called and does. I just ordered the Vacuum induction tube part C2S28870 and might as well just replace all vacuum tubes while I am at it

Last edited by RobinGa; 10-24-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:33 PM

I think I found it . Cam breather hose C2S35164

Old 03-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey there Robin, that Vacuum induction tube part C2S28870 that you replaced, does that go from the fuel rail to the back of the intake manifold? I am chasing down the cause of lean in both banks CEL for a few weeks now.

I read your thread "P0171 and P0174 codes w OBD readings". Lots of good info there.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts

I see both of you have X-Types chasing vacuum leaks. The most common areas on this vehicle for vacuum leaks are the intake manifold tuning valve O-Rings, and the vacuum pipe from the brake booster to the Intake manifold. The one from the intake adapter on the throttle body that goes to the rear cam cover can leak, but haven't seen that as often as the first 2 I mentioned.

You can take one of the intake manifold tuning valves out and inspect the O-Ring, if it's yellow, replace it. The new ones should be Green. As for the the vacuum pipe between the brake booster and intake, looks like it has a check valve on it, you can just put some heatshrink over it, even better if you can get the heatshrink that has the sealant in it.

Otherwise, start the engine and spray intake area down with brake clean to see if you can hear the idle change.

The following users liked this post:
Patterson (03-10-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Patterson
Hey there Robin, that Vacuum induction tube part C2S28870 that you replaced, does that go from the fuel rail to the back of the intake manifold? I am chasing down the cause of lean in both banks CEL for a few weeks now.

I read your thread "P0171 and P0174 codes w OBD readings". Lots of good info there.
Yes Patterson that is the small in diameter red plastic vacuum tube that goes from end of fuel rail to the rear side of intake manifold on firewall side. I say red because inside the protective sheath the tube itself on my 3.0 is thin red tube

https://www.terrysjag.com/product/C2S28870.html

The following users liked this post:
Patterson (03-10-2017)