X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right side parking lights(brakelight) problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side parking lights(brakelight) problem

I appreciate any help with this. I could trace it from one wire to the next, but I was hoping someone who has seen this problem or has more knowledge can at least direct me somewhere first.

it's been going on for years now and I haven't figured it out. I haven't pulled it apart wire for wire yet. For whatever reason, and nothing seems to directly cause it to happen that is noticeable. the fuse blows to the right sided parking lights with also affect the right rear brake light as well. It's only the one fuse (cant think of the fuse number at the top of my head) that goes to that side. Bulbs are all good. Where should I start? Would the headlight switch or wiring harness cause that fuse to blow? would other pigtails cause it? the lights all work until the fuse blows.. I thought maybe it was when the headlights were on at night. but it did it during daytime driving without the lights. It doesn't do it right after the fuse goes in. it varies. but have been pulled over before. Any thoughts or help is appreciated!