X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type 4WD 2006 ABS, traction and more....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default X-Type 4WD 2006 ABS, traction and more....

ABS and engine light is on. Gearbox failure ant traction control fail.
I get these codes from the car:

U1900: Can bus fault.
U2202: Invalid configuration data received.

You think is wrong with the ABS module or where shall I start looking. Seems like a tricky problem and I really don´t know what to do!

The IDS suggests reprogramming of the ECM, but I have not tried this.

Cheers!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

jaguarlars, from the sounds of things, the CAN bus connection has come loose from one of the modules inside of the dash. Think of all the various modules in controlling the various parts of the car as being in a big ring. When you break the ring in one point, the information can no longer travel all the way around the ring. This is what is leading to all your problems.

The best advice that I can recommend to you is to take it to a local mechanic and they should be able to find the problem in an hour or so.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:57 AM

Problem solved. It was the Transmission control module (TCM) that was the fault. "Moisture" or what you call it on the big chip in the module. Cleaning did not help. Had to replace.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 PM

The ABS and DSC lights were on in my "new to me" 2005 X-Type when I test drove it and I made the offer to buy it conditional on the dealer fixing the problem. They ended up replacing the ECM, fuse box, battery, and finally the yaw sensor to fix the problem. All is well now and the DSC and ABS are working great as I had a chance to try it out during our first snow the past couple days here (yea!). The dealer was surprised as it's the first car they've seen ever needing a new yaw sensor. I've had the car 2 weeks now and I enjoy it more every time I drive it. And thanks for the great info here, all!

Brandon

Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thermo, I tried to thank you for the advice you gave me regarding my alternator, all is well, thanks, But now I got a DSC and ABS light simultaneously, along with a check engine light that all recently came on. In the cold morning the car is almost conking out and the break pedal hits the floor and does not stop on command, the stop is slow when coming to a halt. Can you please help?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Carlos, the problem you describe is more than likely one of the rear hubs has a failed ABS sensor ring in it. If you remove the rear wheels and remove the ABS sensor (follow the wiring down to the area behind the wheel, it is the only wiring back there that got into the spindle area), then using a flashlight, look down the hole and see if you can spot some teeth on a gear. No teeth, the gear inside of that hub is rusted and has fallen apart on you. Check both sides. More than likely, you will find the teeth on one side and not on the other. Unfortunately, the fix for this is installing a new hub assembly. Not too bad of a job to do, but will run you about $150 as I recall.

If you have both rings in the back, I would say to then take it to a shop and see if they can pin point the wheel that is giving you the problems (the ABS computer will be able to tell you which wheel it is). From there, you can inspect the wiring really closely, check the sensor, and then do any other checks to prove something bad.