Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-type ecu imobilizer issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-type ecu imobilizer issues

Hi all,

New to this forum so apologise if I'm not doing this right.

I have a 2005 x-type v6 which has been giving me a headache. I inherited the car from my father in law and wanted to get it up and running to use as it's in really good condition.

I had an ecu issue which I sent away and had repaired and programmed for the car. When I reinstalled all the lights on the dash come on the key opens all doors etc but won't start the car. The imobilizer light stays on and nothing I do will start the car.

Prior to the ecu being sent away it was running, the company who replaced it confirmed its definitely programmed from my original ecu and is ok.

Running out of ideas and would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Jason

Old 01-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to remove the battery connector and reinsert it. If that doesn't work, go to your local autozone and borrow their ecu reader and clear out the codes. I do that when my car acts up, but it seems to be a minor problem to handle for these cars!

Old 02-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Problems contd

So thanks to WhiteBetty and a couple of others that suggested fix's. Unfortunately I still have the ECU issue but there's also been some new developments.

On advice from a member I called an auto locksmith who came out to the car, he was able to confirm the keys are programmed ok and the transponders working. Despite re-programming the keys and resetting the battery he was unable to start the car and advised the ECU is not recognizing the car. I also had an auto electrician confirm the same thing.

The ECU company that supplied and programmed the ECU are claiming that it is programmed correctly and should work and has been re-programmed by them again to make sure. So I'm now at deadlock with the car.

I'm trying to progress through the ECU company's complaints procedures but who knows how long that will take.

Does anyone know someone other than Jaguar in the Surrey/Hampshire area that can program ECU's ?

The cars been sitting for a while now and I really need to get it going without spending a fortune as I'm already down a few hundred pounds.

Regards

Jason.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

After all this time and money spent it might be time to go to the dealer and see if they can program it properly. I know it is not your first choice, but you keep spending money to avoid the dealer and so far the car still is not working, with no real solution in sight. Might be time to bite the bullet.