XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

2017 XE 2.5t 120mph limiter removal

Old 01-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fireblader929
I really think that tires are the reason for the speed limit for the US XE's. Speculation on my part, but I think Jaguar has a somewhat exclusive agreement with Pirelli and Pirelli doesn't have a many options for all-season V rated tires, at least not in the US. I think this is a case of the lowest common denomintaor dictating the speed limit for all US XE's.

Where I live I personally need all-season tires but I know other quality tire manufactures have plenty of Y or W rated all-season options. Disappointingly the Pirellis have the lowest speed rating from the available tire options on Tire Rack for the 19" XE wheels.
I would have to disagree. XE R-Sports with 20in tires come with Pirellis that are rated at much higher speeds that 120mp/h.

My car came with Continentals that are H rated (130mp/h). Those same Continentals are used on numerous other cars which are not limited to 120mp/h. Thus I do not think that the tires are the limiting factor.

However, I do not know why would they limit XE models only

Old 01-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

I second the tires being the ruling factor. Wether it's a base model XE or a fully loaded 20inch option XE, it's the same engine and same map tuning. When we live in a world of being sued for coffee being too hot, do you have to wonder why the 20inch cars also have the 120mph limit?

I know some manufactures do give the option in the dash display for tire size, which would correct the speedo driven mileage AND also change the speedo limiter and tire pressure warnings, this would of been a better option just the PCM used from Bosch doesn't have this setting for different speeds, thus limited to choice of 120mph for all XE's to play nice.