XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

35T AWD 1/4 mile thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Not to mention the smaller upper pulley with the lower pulley over spins the blower as you seen in Unhinged testing o the dyno. The lower pulley is the only way to go I feel and then find unlock able power elsewhere.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks for setting me straight. I remember reading about a clearance issue on one of the pulleys, I was confused. So its the top pulley the one that's the "Biach" to replace. I too will wait and see other users' results are after thousands of miles on the lower pulley. BTW I did get my programmer from VAP this afternoon, and they are working to get me my mod files tomorrow sometime.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member

I just weighed my AWD 35T and with 3/4 full tank of fuel it weighs in at 4,040 lbs without me in it. This thing is a tank and is made of aluminum, how is that possible? My XFR weighed much less than this boat. This car won't go 11's without a few more mods or if it sheds some weighed, #FatCat

Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I just weighed my AWD 35T and with 3/4 full tank of fuel it weighs in at 4,040 lbs without me in it. This thing is a tank and is made of aluminum, how is that possible? My XFR weighed much less than this boat. This car won't go 11's without a few more mods or if it sheds some weighed, #FatCat
That is heavy.... Let's say 80lbs for gas and maybe 60 for other fluids.

That is still 3900lbs dry.... I guess those double wishbones are made from lead.

I wonder what is the weight difference between the base model AWD vs fully optioned AWD.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

With no options on mine the site says ( From 3,795 lbs) for the AWD R-Sport
Jaguar XE Sedan - Pricing and Specifications | Jaguar USA

The following users liked this post:
Demetre Gvaramia (03-10-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
The smaller upper pulley was discussed at length by Unhind and VAP when developing the tune for the F-type V6 (same engine as XE, as you know).

The consensus is that there is a very small enhancement from swapping the upper pulley to a smaller one on the V6. For hp/$ you are much better off buying the lower pulley. And its much easier to install to boot.

Personally, I'm shying away from either pulley. The upper one is hell to install (and you have to shave some mm off the SC nose - no thanks), and changing the lower one gives me some concern about vibrations/damping. Superchargers are notorious for generating these kinds of vibrational forces which can be hard on the engine crank if not damped properly. I'm sure JLR has done the math on their crank pulley but not sure how a non-OEM pulley would affect this... just my opinion. I'm gonna wait until we see how engines hold up after running these lower pulleys for ~20k miles and then decide... either way the tune alone is super safe and gives great gains.
Th verdict is still out on the effects the lower pulley has on the crank. I am also a bit hesitant to do this mod. I am very happy with the VAP tune on my XF and am kicking the can around in regards to the lower pulley upgrade.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow! I loaded the VAP tune this morning and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. :-)

I've no other mods. I can't tell you exactly how fast my XE got, suffice it to say the 120MPH speed limiter was nowhere to be found....(Let's assume I was doing this on COTA, which is 15 minutes from me).
I hit 150 and had more power left, but ran out of straight. I was surprised the car stayed planted aerodynamicly at these speeds of 110 to 160ish, although if i was racing id surely add a tail to add downforce on turns.

I did a little parking lot visit, and this XE drifts easily...like a champ. Bye Bye tires. I'd be surprised if the rears last me 10K. But its worth it!

I do plan to see what a 1/4 runs on my RWD, in the next few months. I'll post results, good or bad. Compared to the considerable 340Hp stock, this VAP tune makes the XE turn into a Monster. Highly recommend!

Last edited by Austin7; 03-08-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stuart@VelocityAP (03-13-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Austin7

I've no other mods. I can't tell you exactly how fast my XE got, suffice it to say the 120MPH speed limiter was nowhere to be found....(Let's assume I was doing this on COTA, which is 15 minutes from me).
I hit 150 and had more power left, but ran out of straight. I was surprised the car stayed planted aerodynamicly at these speeds of 110 to 160ish, although if i was racing id surely add a tail to add downforce on turns.

I did a little parking lot visit, and this XE drifts easily...like a champ. Bye Bye tires. I'd be surprised if the rears last me 10K. But its worth it!

I do plan to see what a 1/4 runs on my RWD, in the next few months. I'll post results, good or bad. Compared to the considerable 340Hp stock, this VAP tune makes the XE turn into a Monster. Highly recommend!
Just a thought: You can do what I did some time ago and go and buy a very cheap light weight pair of rear wheels and toss some sticky DR's on them ( $500-600) to get the true best time out of your XE and then rent them out to locals on here to ease some of the out of pocket cost of the package. I did this when I had my XFR and the guy here had a XKR and we both were very happy with the results. And BTW, neither of us could spin the rear tires at all after the burnout, the cars would just dead hook out the gate and gave us the text book times we wanted.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

After doing a few WOT runs, I got skittish around the upper range of the speedo and didn't push it into the bends at those speeds, and yes...unless you are driving in Tennessee you will run out of straight road pretty quick. I don't have confidence in my tires right now. When my Michelin PS4s order arrives, i will see how far to push it around the long swooping curves. The VAP tune totally transformes the car !!! Brought back the same feeling of when I was first getting a know the limits of my old Ducati900ss.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:04 PM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

I'm pretty sure you guys are aware of this, but if you were to couple a top pulley with your tune and crank pulley, you'd be approaching 500HP.

https://www.paramount-performance.co...121112312.html

I'll probably get one of these before the crank pulley because it is easier to install and relatively inexpensive ( in comparison to the crank pulley from VAP). It should be possible for me to run around 450HP with the small pulley and the VAP tune. The small pulley runs about $370.00 USD, an easier investment for me to to justify for another 24 HP.

And later when I get another $2K I'll get the crank pulley. Then it should push around 500Hp with both.
There's no way a top pulley makes another 24BHP. The V8 Supercharger has a 65mm top pulley, you can get down to 62mm without shaving the supercharger snout. The V6 already has a 62mm upper pulley. So, if you shave the snout and plan on 4-5 hours for the install, you can install a 60.5mm upper pulley which works out at a whopping 0.75lbs of boost.....

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-14-2017, 09:55 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
There's no way a top pulley makes another 24BHP. The V8 Supercharger has a 65mm top pulley, you can get down to 62mm without shaving the supercharger snout. The V6 already has a 62mm upper pulley. So, if you shave the snout and plan on 4-5 hours for the install, you can install a 60.5mm upper pulley which works out at a whopping 0.75lbs of boost.....
forgot where I found it, but theres a simple equation to that can be used to find out how much additional boost you need to achieve a HP goal... lets see if I can find it

I suspect you're right. No way 0.75lb gives 24hp

Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member

After the VAP tune and lower pulley, the only other significant way to get better times is to either lose the weight or start looking at Nos or a meth injection kit.

Other than wheels there is little else we can do to reduce the weight. I have looked into a carbon fiber, but there is absolutely nothing out there so every part will be essentially made, almost one-off piece. That easily starts getting prohibitive. I am in the XF so the XE market may be different, but I don't think by much.

The F Types have tons more options...but...I need the four doors still so....wah