XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

All Weather mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default All Weather mats

Just received a set of Jaguar all weather mats,,, what a joke. Smallest coverage I've ever seen, especially the drivers side.
I was using BMW ones from the car I traded in and after the wife kept teasing me I bought the Genuine Jaguar XE ones,,,don't waste your money.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nuke986
Just received a set of Jaguar all weather mats,,, what a joke. Smallest coverage I've ever seen, especially the drivers side.
I was using BMW ones from the car I traded in and after the wife kept teasing me I bought the Genuine Jaguar XE ones,,,don't waste your money.
Yes they are kind of different looking, mine came with them already included though. I would still get them if you wanted to stick with Jaguar OEM. How much do they cost?

Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM

mine also came with the sun shade, what the fudge? who the heck uses this thing, what a waste.... wish they included something useful instead

Old 01-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
mine also came with the sun shade, what the fudge? who the heck uses this thing, what a waste.... wish they included something useful instead
My car came with them as well. I use to use sunshades 100% the time outside, but the few times this car has seen sunlight while not driving; haven't bothered. Just like that black license plate frame that totally does not go with the car...

Back to the winter floor mats; just installed them yesterday. Driver's side is a joke, passenger one is decent. They look nice FWIW. Overall, not worth the money at all. Hopefully WeatherTech will come out with a version...

Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Weathertech please hear our cry,,, the OEMs are not worth $130

Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased an XE R-Sport and fully agree the Jaguar rubber mats are lacking in coverage. I looked at the Weathertech site and all they show is the mat for the back row. Has anyone purchased a set for the front or are they just back ordered?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:06 PM

I looked a while back and also just saw the rear, I don't think they are producing them yet specific for XE.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 AM

Just went to my local auto parts store (Advance Auto) and purchased one rubber, deep groove mat for just over $10. Took it home and slowly trimmed it to size for use on the drivers side. Most of the trimming was around the 'dead Pedal' (never realized how boring the Jaguar dead pedal is) Anyway, I must say it came out fantastic. Had I known it was this easy and came out so good I could have saved myself a $100 and did both sides and the rear with aftermarket.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by drtdvl
I just purchased an XE R-Sport and fully agree the Jaguar rubber mats are lacking in coverage. I looked at the Weathertech site and all they show is the mat for the back row. Has anyone purchased a set for the front or are they just back ordered?
Weathertech did not have all season floor mats for our Range Rover! How do they pick which cars to design for? Do they have an axe to grind towards JLR?

Old 01-22-2017, 01:10 PM

I have a feeling that's maybe there just isn't enough market for these types of cars? they are expensive so not many people own them and it may not make sense for them to develop a product they will not make much money on? They are very expensive but perhaps they own so much market they do not care about the little guys?:P they probably get most their profit from truck owners.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I couldn't find a decent winter floor mat for my XE either so I just bought a 4 pack set of Michelin brand that are trimmable. I only had to trim a tiny bit and now I got full coverage winter mats.

Does anyone find it odd that the OEM carpet mats don't say Jaguar on them? I see all the common cars have the brand on them and Jaguar doesn't.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I couldn't find a decent winter floor mat for my XE either so I just bought a 4 pack set of Michelin brand that are trimmable. I only had to trim a tiny bit and now I got full coverage winter mats.

Does anyone find it odd that the OEM carpet mats don't say Jaguar on them? I see all the common cars have the brand on them and Jaguar doesn't.
I have OEM mats and they say Jaguar on them. I believe they even have the Jaguar logo

Old 01-23-2017, 01:41 PM

Mine just says Jaguar, no Jaguar logo. The design is the same as the rubber on the gas and break pedal. The rears don't have any sign or logo on them. Driver side doesn't only covers the flat bottom of the car while passenger goes all the way up behind where the pedals would be on driver side.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was rather disappointed to see the floor mat coverage and lack of dead pedal

Have go get something to make my own I guess.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up the Weathertech over the hump matt for the rear which fit great. I spoke to a rep from Weathertech that told me they were going to make a set for the front but that it was going to take a few months before they would have them for sale. If you go on their website you can add your name to a list and they will notify you when they have them. In the meantime I picked up a set of Lloyd Mats from autoanything.com which give you much better coverage than the stock Jaguar mats including the foot rest area. They don't come up the sides like the Weathertech but they fit great and have the holes in the right spots to hook in to the floor. I'll post a pick later if you want to see how they fit.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coffeerich44
I picked up the Weathertech over the hump matt for the rear which fit great. I spoke to a rep from Weathertech that told me they were going to make a set for the front but that it was going to take a few months before they would have them for sale. If you go on their website you can add your name to a list and they will notify you when they have them. In the meantime I picked up a set of Lloyd Mats from autoanything.com which give you much better coverage than the stock Jaguar mats including the foot rest area. They don't come up the sides like the Weathertech but they fit great and have the holes in the right spots to hook in to the floor. I'll post a pick later if you want to see how they fit.
Once I saw how the OEM mats fit I searched Weathertech and found, as you did, they only have the ones for the 2nd row. I found the Lloyd mats as well but nothing local to me.