XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

InControl Touch Pro Issues/Bugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InControl Touch Pro Issues/Bugs

Anyone else having issues with the InControl Touch Pro? I have a 2017 35t R-Sport and have had multiple issues with it (no reverse camera, Sirius playback stops until I switch to radio and then back again, screen doesn't come up when I start the car until 10 minutes later). I've already received one software update back in September, heading to dealership next week to get another one.

Remote starting via phone app is an adventure. it's about a 50/50 chance I'll be able to remotely start the car. The app will tell me that the car is in sleep mode, no idea how the car went to sleep mode between lunch and the end of the day.

I've seen multiple issues about this relating to the F-Pace on the web. Anyone else having issues with the software?

Other than the software bugs, I love my new Jag.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Don't get me started on this "PRO" unit. I was sitting patiently awaiting for tis to pop up. My car is only 1 week old today and mine is so bad the whole unit crashes and goes black for abut 3 minutes and then reboots as if the car has just been started. Plus I have all the same issues as you on top of it.

I really like the car so far just pray for a SW update soon for it to be more polished.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I have a standard 8'' infotainment and it has been working without issues so far.

As for the remote start. Are you using the In control app for remote start or Jaguar Remote app? I use Jaguar Remote app and it works very well.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I have a standard 8'' infotainment and it has been working without issues so far.

As for the remote start. Are you using the In control app for remote start or Jaguar Remote app? I use Jaguar Remote app and it works very well.
It's the Jaquar Remote app. When I mentioned the sleep mode and remote start to the service tech on the phone, he said "Yeah, that sounds about right..."

Old 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by OKCBuckeye
It's the Jaquar Remote app. When I mentioned the sleep mode and remote start to the service tech on the phone, he said "Yeah, that sounds about right..."
That is very weird. I have been using it for last 3 months without a single issue. Maybe the latest version of the app will help?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:50 PM

Just got the car back from the shop. They told me I was 3 updates behind (last updated mid-September). The "big" update that the F-Pace owners talk about is delayed until sometime in November.

I'll keep everyone advised on how this update compares to the last one.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

^ Tell me more about this big update? I bet when I picked my car up last week that the dealer never even ran it threw the shop to apply any missing updates and thus why my system crashes often.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:19 PM

I found out about the big update by looking at F-Pace forums on the internet. The service tech today told me that the F-Pace owners are going nuts about the software issues, XE owners, not so much.

Any way, a "major" update was supposed to have been released first of October for the ICTP. I asked the tech about that today, he said it's been delayed until some time in November.

I bet if you take your XE in, they'll have an update for you. Will it fix the problems? Probably not, but it might fix some.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:45 PM

So far, the only issues with the latest update is Sirius audio stopping, about 3 times so far. The camera has worked every time now.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

Does anyone know when the SW update is ready for the USA cars? My XE is crashing 3-4 times a day and takes forever to reboot. I feel that the BT is what is provoking the crash from my iPhone 7 but maybe I am wrong.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (11-27-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I've had a few issues and the master mechanic at my dealer says a huge update is due in March.
Lawrence

Old 11-24-2016, 01:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

It's as if Microsoft was selling cars. Avoid new cars until the first major 'Service Pack' download.
And people want to trust their cars to drive themselves. HA!

Old 11-25-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfy
It's as if Microsoft was selling cars. Avoid new cars until the first major 'Service Pack' download.
And people want to trust their cars to drive themselves. HA!
You're not far off with the Microsoft idea. The infotainment system is a Microsoft product, probably running Microsoft CE. You can see it when it searches for devices and shows you four colored squares....very familiar squares if you work with Windows.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Yes, I have all those issues mentioned when the Apps are in use...

Does Jaguar have an update? Does anyone know the most current version number?

Old 12-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You're not far off with the Microsoft idea. The infotainment system is a Microsoft product, probably running Microsoft CE. You can see it when it searches for devices and shows you four colored squares....very familiar squares if you work with Windows.
Um... no. Just no.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:28 PM

I just had "Phase 2.5" update to the InControl Touch Pro. The dealer said this version works a lot better than the previous updates. I'll let eveyone know how this update goes. The last update I got in October was better, but still had random issues with the back up camera.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

I just had "Phase 2.5" update to the InControl Touch Pro. The dealer said this version works a lot better than the previous updates. I'll let eveyone know how this update goes. The last update I got in October was better, but still had random issues with the back up camera.
What is Phase 2 exactly? Is there a version number? My car is at the dealer now and how do I know which version they applied so I get the latest?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by BigCat09
What is Phase 2 exactly? Is there a version number? My car is at the dealer now and how do I know which version they applied so I get the latest?
The Phase 2.5 was printed on the invoice when I picked up the car. A telematic update was also applied. I've noticed so far that everything works, a little slowly at times as it apparently recovers from errors.

Also, it took two days to get the car back. When they applied the update on Tuesday, the system didn't come back up, they had to call jaquar to figure out what to do.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jaguar Route App and Navigation Issue

I have a 2017 XE R-Sport with the InControl Pro system. No issues with the remote start/climate control using the iphone app, however, i am having a lot of problems with the navigation and using the Jaguar Route app.

When I input an address on the app, everything seems to work pretty smoothly and it will show the route from my current position. When I get into the car, the navigation screen just flashes with a "New destinations to sync message". I have tried to accept the new destination with no luck and I have also tried to cancel or ignore the destination. Essentially the navigation system gets hung up and I have to return to the home screen and ignore the nav until i restart the car.

If I input an address manually, the navigation seems to work okay. I am still getting used to the small side window that pops up intermittently. This is the one that displays weather, however when using navigation

Old 02-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

I gave up using it and just use the normal Nav unit.
What phone are you using the app with? They are having many issues with the iPhone 7 I am hearing.