XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Lease Rates: what #'s are the Americans getting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Lease Rates: what #'s are the Americans getting?

I wanted to replace my wifes 3-series for an F-Pace, but they're leasing ridiculously high. I am also considering an XE, was curious to see what numbers people are getting here in the US.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When I ordered my 17 XE 35t AWD R-Sport in March 2016, they had some attractive lease offers that suckered me into putting a $500 deposit on the car I wanted

The offer was: First month's payment would be waived by the dealership as well as complimentary navigation (since the R-sport comes with nav. standard, they gave me a $500 credit toward the lease)

With 12k miles/year on a three year deal, the final numbers ended up at $2700 total down payment (that was everything including taxes, bank fees, new plates, etc,) and $629 per month

What pissed me off was that I ordered my car in March with RWD with the salesman right in front of me, but when the car came in June it had AWD and the guy casually mentioned it as if that was what I wanted.
I made a fuss because I truthfully wanted the car in RWD, not just to save money, but because A) I don't need AWD (I have a 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE) and B) RWD is a sportier drive and allows for a lot more fun.

What I'm certain happened is, the salesman saw a guy in his early 20's walk in to order an XE, thought that I was some type of bean shooter that wouldn't end up actually taking the car, and didn't want to get stuck in New York with a RWD car on his lot that would be harder for him to sell if I didn't end up taking it (the $500 deposit was fully refundable so I was not obligated.)

The original figures on the lease agreement were $4850 down and $678 per month
After haggling and fussing about the dealer ordering the car with the wrong drive train, they "would be willing to eat the extra $29 per month for the cost of the AWD" and knocked the price down to $649 per month

After all was said and done the price got down to $629 but I still have a sneaking suspicion that I am paying the additional cost for the AWD (my payment would probably be $600 flat if they ordered the car as I originally specified.)

Shame on Great Neck Jaguar or shame on me? Ehh I'm pretty much over it regardless.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I received the following email today from Great Neck Jaguar:
"Yes...you really can get a Brand New Jaguar XE for
$299 per month with $5,000 out of pocket plus taxes and DMV fees..."

I found that odd as I have already placed an order with the same dealership ($1,000 deposit) to purchase a 340 hp XE R-Sport.

Last edited by booklaw1; 07-12-2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: further comment
Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

the 299 is probably for a base diesel model. 5k out of pocket? hell no. you can probably get that knocked down to 3k and keep 299 a month, depending on your relationship. but still...base model car haha

I've been getting my last 3 jags from Great Neck, ive been getting awesome deals...i deal with Nick (forgot his last name).

I expected low 600's....was wondering if i can even push it down to 550's if i tell them im sticking with another BMW

Old 07-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to know residual & money factor (along with the term and mileage allowance) to rate the deals.

I'm assuming these are mostly set by Jaguar, but there could be differences in residuals between engines/trim levels.

Can anybody share what their numbers are?

Old 07-16-2016, 01:00 AM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought I did okay for a new release. I think sticker was around $55.5k for a 2017 XE R Sport. 3.0 AWD. 15k per year, 3 years 2000 out of pocket .... $655 per month including taxes. Not bad sine this includes maintenance except brake pads.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

that doesnt sound bad at all!

Old 08-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
the 299 is probably for a base diesel model. 5k out of pocket? hell no. you can probably get that knocked down to 3k and keep 299 a month, depending on your relationship. but still...base model car haha

I've been getting my last 3 jags from Great Neck, ive been getting awesome deals...i deal with Nick (forgot his last name).

I expected low 600's....was wondering if i can even push it down to 550's if i tell them im sticking with another BMW
It should be the 25T 2.0 gas Turbo RWD version. I test drove one last week. The dealer page shows the $299 for a the gas 2 liter turbo and $399 for the 3.0 SC model (base). A loaded R-Spec 35T with a 58K sticker was $599 a month with around $4500 down in the Utah dealership near me.

I do have to say, the 25T surprised me! The salesman had me put it in track mode? for handling, and S mode for the trans and it was so smooth and fun to drive. I am really thinking about sticking with the RWD 2.0T gas version. We are getting the diesel version in Dec. so I am going to give that a test drive before making the final decision.

I would have bought it right away, but found out that even with low miles (12K), they were going to offer me half MSRP on the trade in for a 3 year old Altima.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

after having a BMW 328 with the 2 liter turbo 4, i must say i will never get another 4cyl ever again. it has absolutely no soul and takes the fun out of driving. you'll need some serious mods to make up for the lack of power....but on top of that the car still sounds like crap.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
after having a BMW 328 with the 2 liter turbo 4, i must say i will never get another 4cyl ever again. it has absolutely no soul and takes the fun out of driving. you'll need some serious mods to make up for the lack of power....but on top of that the car still sounds like crap.
Regarding power, the 328 has plenty (more than prior 6-cyl engines that it replaced). The difference is the power delivery because it is a turbo...so the power delivery is not linear and it doesn't "feel" fast.

Exhaust note does leave a lot to be desired, but I think that is something that can be worked by BMW.

I would totally get the 4-cyl Jaguar if it was available with R-Sport seats.

The key thing is that 4-cyl are becoming the norm. For example, with Volvo, they have 4-cyl engines making the power that used to be the realm of V8s.

Last edited by anoop; 08-17-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I leased 2017 XE 35t AWD for ~520$ month which with taxes, wheel & tire protection and other fees comes up to 580$. That is with 4000 grand down with 1st months payment included.

You can lease base 35t AWD for ~479$ month with 3500/4000$ down in Massachusetts.

The issue is finding the base 35t in Boston area. All of them are well equipped with prices over 53$ grand.

Regular 25t RWD was leasing for 299$ month when I got my car.

Old 08-28-2016, 02:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just picked up a 25t Premium in Italian Racing Red in the NYC metro area last week. 10k a year, $3500 up front with $499 monthly payments.

Old 08-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am working on a car right now, but think i will finance instead of lease.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In the market for 2017 XE R sport

I don't know how you guys are getting good deals. I have spoken with 3 dealers in the NY area, and none are willing to go below MSRP. And lease rates are only in the high 6's if you put 10k down. Love some help as I have decided this is my next car. I spoke with Steve and John in Larchmont, Dominic in great neck, and a salesman and White Plains. All have allowed me to walk out without an order. Also, looking for a base XE R sport 340hp with only option the black-out kit and Italian Racing red.

Last edited by rgun2515; 08-28-2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Car I am looking for the R Sport V6 AWD with every option except black pack. My auto business buddies say 6-7% off MSRP should be expected since this is a standard car that anyone can buy. It's not a limited production car that the dealer get only so many of.

If I have to wait; that's fine. I (and the dealership) would rather not. I'll find out tomorrow if we are at meeting of the minds.

Saying you'll finance via the dealer should lower the price on a car about 1% since they are getting that on the back end. If you say you are cash buyer then the dealership isn't as ready to cut a deal since you took their back end cash opportunity.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leased one out over the weekend.

56K car, 3.5 awd prestige with some option packs.
3 years, 15K miles per year.

4.5K total drive away (taxes, fees, capital reduction etc) and high 500's per month including the 6.25% MA tax. So it was ~5K off the sticker price.

Initial price from one dealer was 5K down and 950/month ....

Residual on prestige was 57%, was told the base model has a better residual.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by austaz
Leased one out over the weekend.

56K car, 3.5 awd prestige with some option packs.
3 years, 15K miles per year.

4.5K total drive away (taxes, fees, capital reduction etc) and high 500's per month including the 6.25% MA tax. So it was ~5K off the sticker price.

Initial price from one dealer was 5K down and 950/month ....

Which dealer did you go through? I just had an awful experience at Sudbury Jaguar/Land Rover. Herb Chambers says they offer the best trade-in's & low balled me so far on my trade in, it was a joke. Two different dealers (non Jaguar dealers) offered me 38K on my Lotus, and this dealer after 3 days of waiting offers 32K. I was looking at a Gran Turismo S at Ferrari New England (seem to be stand up dealership), but didn't like that car much... Not only was the valuation so low, it took them 3 days to tell me it. You're telling me that New England's largest dealership chain needs 3 days to figure a trade in value? Boch did it in 15 minutes, too bad I wasn't into the Gran Turimso...

They are the metro west Jaguar dealer with a poor reputation in my eyes. I have had bad experiences with them in the past, but they are the closest to my house. They jerked me around when I wanted to buy an XK, they've never returned my calls when scheduling service for the XK, and 75% of the time my indy mechanic has ordered parts from them (both Jag and Range Rover) they send the wrong part or not know what they are talking about.

Right now I am talking with another Jag dealer in RI along with the dealership in NC that I bought my XK from.

The XE is not flying on the shelf on the top end; Sudbury Jaguar has had the same R Sport in the showroom for a month plus. I was hoping to walk out dealership on Saturday with my car traded in a purchase order on a new car; guess not...

Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member

We ended up striking a deal at Sudbury Jag! Never thought it would happen, but in the end, they stepped up to the plate to score an end of month deal. I should pick up the car tomorrow.

They dropped the price on a show room IRR 3.0 AWD R Sport (every option) lower than I thought and upped my trade-in value; done deal.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got this response and that doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Any input? Waiting for his response on money factor and residual.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rgun2515
I don't know how you guys are getting good deals. I have spoken with 3 dealers in the NY area, and none are willing to go below MSRP. And lease rates are only in the high 6's if you put 10k down. Love some help as I have decided this is my next car. I spoke with Steve and John in Larchmont, Dominic in great neck, and a salesman and White Plains. All have allowed me to walk out without an order. Also, looking for a base XE R sport 340hp with only option the black-out kit and Italian Racing red.
Have you tried Ray Catena in Edison? It's a bit further out from you, but from all the quotes I got, they had the best deal.

Originally Posted by Megs5683

Just got this response and that doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Any input? Waiting for his response on money factor and residual.
That doesn't sound like a great or terrible deal. Seems par for the course, although $2k upfront incl. first month payment seems a bit low? Have you thought about putting more upfront? And have you considered a 2016 F-TYPE coupe instead? I know several dealerships are doing up to $10k off MSRP. You could realistically lease one for $5-600 a month.

Last edited by babyjag91; 09-02-2016 at 12:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Lease Rates: what #'s are the Americans getting?