XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

New Guy Question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Question.

Hello folks.. New guy. Have fairly simple question. I'm considering the XE 3.5 R sport AWD ( among others) I got a chance to sit in a first edition yesterday the dealer doesn't have any R models. I really do like the car even after reading of some of the issues.

Anyway my question or observation is when I sat in the drivers seat got it all adjusted the way I like I found that I could not reach the drivers power window button with having to actually lean forward, my back off the seat, to reach it! I'm trying to figure out why they would put the Memory presets and stuff on the arm instead on the vertical door surface or at least switch the Memory button custer with the window switches moving themcloser to the driver. It was very strange and it not like I have short dinosaur arms.. Very un-ergonomic .. comments ? Am I missing something ??

Other than that it seems to be a sweet car..

Erik

Old 01-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I can'tspeak to the issue you raised, because both my arms and my legs are shorter than most, so I sit pretty far forward and am able to reach all switches (but getting in and out of the XE can be a trial unless I remember to move the seat back first).

Since you say you are aware of the various issues others have raised, I want you to know that, in spite of the various issues, the XE R-Sport AWD is a very sweet car. It's my first Jaguar (after a BMW 335 xi, an Audi S4 and a Saab 9000), and I am very glad I took the leap of faith.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to sit in one again and get a proper test drive.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikM
Hello folks.. New guy. Have fairly simple question. I'm considering the XE 3.5 R sport AWD ( among others) I got a chance to sit in a first edition yesterday the dealer doesn't have any R models. I really do like the car even after reading of some of the issues.

Anyway my question or observation is when I sat in the drivers seat got it all adjusted the way I like I found that I could not reach the drivers power window button with having to actually lean forward, my back off the seat, to reach it! I'm trying to figure out why they would put the Memory presets and stuff on the arm instead on the vertical door surface or at least switch the Memory button custer with the window switches moving themcloser to the driver. It was very strange and it not like I have short dinosaur arms.. Very un-ergonomic .. comments ? Am I missing something ??

Other than that it seems to be a sweet car..

Erik
I wasn't too concerned as I assumed I would rarely be hitting the window button often in any one day anyway.
Lawrence.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Window buttons are in an odd location, but I am not pushing them very often. With all that can be considered negative with XE; window buttons are pretty low on the list.

The biggest negative for me is the blind spots on the A pillar. It's the worst of any car I have owned, and for sure the worst of any JLR product I have owned or driven.

But that's the cost of looking cool.... Our decision to get the XE over the XJ was purely on looks and handling...