XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

OBD2 Reader Problem.Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts
Default OBD2 Reader Problem.Help!

Arrgg... OK I obviously don't know what the *&^% I'm doing :x I powered on the icarsoft i930 and went to a couple of the setup windows...poked around, and when "entering the system (see pics) I got a bunch of fails, so I check connections with no results. There is no specic XE model listed, but I thoughtI could at least read codes with the OBS 2 Diagnose screen. I didn't do anything with the DTC Lookup screen...perhaps someone could tell me how to use this? OK here's the problem: After shutting down and disconnecting the device, when I restarted the car, I got an Engine warning light. I hope I didn't screw anything up!! Could someone please tell me if there is a way to clear this engine light code with this device? I"m pretty sure I just pissed something off by plugging this gadget in:-(

I thought one could read codes and also clear them with this device. Here are some pics:

I think I need to do something with the DTC lookup page.

Old 12-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe engine light will go away if you drive for 15-20 miles.

I had similar issues with getting an inspection sticker for my car. Every time they plugged in OBD2 sensor, It would give error codes and I would get check engine + all the electornic systems such as ESP, off warning.

The fix was to take it to the dealer and do a reset.

I am not sure if your problem is the same but sound similar. Do you have less than 2000 miles on it and do you already have an inspection sticker?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Any luck?

I was thinking about getting one of the cheap Bluetooth ones off Amazon and pairing it with the phone app to read things like boost etc.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by alphakinase
Any luck?

I was thinking about getting one of the cheap Bluetooth ones off Amazon and pairing it with the phone app to read things like boost etc.
I should have followed up on this. I returned that other unit right away, and purchased a "Kiwi3" Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the OBD port.
Then downloaded a couple (several to choose from) apps to my iPhone Dashcommand and OBD Auto Doctor. They link right up and give you tons of information. They are capable of displaying codes, and for you to clear them if needed. Seems to work great. Here is a screen shot of Dashcommand.

CRS

The following users liked this post:
Joearch (01-27-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

this is the exact the solution i was looking into. thanks CRS.