XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Ultimate XE LED Thread W/Pics

Old 01-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Do a build model and go base for 3 series, A4,A3, C Class, S60, S80.... all start off with Halogen lights. It's just that in you locale, the dealer may not be ordering stripper models for the lot. Around Boston, it is more common to see base model from any of these marques as everyone drives these. Our Volvo S60 AWD is a base model optioned only with metallic paint and heated seats... That's the way they order them to create volume and good lease deals.
Yes I see your point I think one reason I got stuck with this is its the V6 Premium so the base model. You would still think for a 47K car they would put on the better lights and put the cheaper ones on the lowe end 4 cylinder models. I was expecting the whole time to get the better lights and didn't realize this until getting home but I guess you cant win them all. Had I knew I might have opted to pay a bit more at another dealer but I am still happy. If I can only find the white/blue bulbs it should all good.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey BigCat, just wondering how the ambient lighting project is going. I just realized the Prestige trim has available interior mood lighting. Now I want to go to my local dealership to see if they have a Prestige trim and climb underneath the dash to see what's going on

Old 03-05-2017, 05:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I haven't had time to look any further. Soon as I get some free time i will try to investigate more.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This link doesnt work anymore and none of the pictures on this thread are loading for me for some reason. Can you please send me a link as I am desperately trying to do these upgrades!

Old 09-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
Yes I see your point I think one reason I got stuck with this is its the V6 Premium so the base model. You would still think for a 47K car they would put on the better lights and put the cheaper ones on the lowe end 4 cylinder models. I was expecting the whole time to get the better lights and didn't realize this until getting home but I guess you cant win them all. Had I knew I might have opted to pay a bit more at another dealer but I am still happy. If I can only find the white/blue bulbs it should all good.
FWIW, I had had an XE loaner with the halogen lights and there was not much difference between the two. Maybe where it's pitch dark out, but where I drive at night (suburbs) I didn't notice a difference where I felt I needed the HID's.

Old 02-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi BigCat, just wondering if you might be able to re-upload the pictures to this post when you have a chance? It seems you have the definitive thread on XE LED upgrades.

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2021, 02:34 PM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
In this picture, when do the yellow highlighted lights turn on?
I think the lights in the yellow squares activate for the low-speed turning side light.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts

Lots of great intel in here on LED upgrades. Two questions that I couldn't quite see the answers to:

1) What LED bulb is appropriate for the trunk light? My owners manual says it's a S10W bulb, but I can't find out what that is. It's 10W so it's not the same as the T10 or similar 5W ones used elsewhere. Looking for something bright as the trunk is v hard to see in...

2) Has anyone successfully replaced the front side-lights (small square between the front headlights) with either an LED or a brighter/whiter standard bulb? Saw lots of comments that most bulbs are too wide to fit; and a comment that they are too close to the headlights to be able to use LED (get too hot?). Any guidance welcome (incl specific bulbs that have worked - and lasted...)

Old 02-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove Box dome light not working after replacing bulbs

Dears,

I changed footwell, glove box and trunk bulbs to LEDS it was working fine for a while. But now the center and rear dome lights switch on only when I open the door but dose not respond when touched as well as the glove box light.

I switch back the old halogen bulbs and it is still not working.

Is it a fuse ? I could not locate the correct one I tried the manual and diagram in side the fuse box but I couldn’t locate it.

please help if you know what happened