XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Using the HD for music storage

Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question Using the HD for music storage

Now that I had my ICTP updated I still luna NOT get the USB port to read any thumb drive I have with MP3 music on it. The dealer doesn't know how to do it and the owners manual is too vague on how to.

Please tell me if I am doing it correctly or not?

Formatted the thumb drive to (DEFAULT) FAT32 and NOT NTFS
The dropped a handful ( 50 songs) of MP3 files onto the root directory of the drive. Nothing else is on this drive at all, just the MP3's

Turned on car and wait for everything to boot up, then insert thumb drive only to get the unsupported format error message.

I tried to put the MP3's into a folder on the drive also and that didn't work either. Then I tried some MP4's and that failed as well. The book says it supports so many formats but I can't get any working. See images below

Next I will try to see if they fixed the HDMI hiccups as well because I have the classic Nintendo stashed in the car since its a super easy hook-up to keep passengers entertained for long trips. This unit is super small and so was yto power up in the XE I just hope it finally works now.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Worked for me. You should see the drive name show up as source. Copying them to the car's HD is a vague or when it completes is equally as vague. Same for ripping CD's.

Very poor implementation. Should be removable drive with an application to manage media transfer...

Old 01-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

I use WMA format I think...

Old 01-31-2017, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

I will try that format and see what happens.

Ripping the CD seems easy as you just touch the icon when the disc is in and then I see a % bar on that icon for progress.

Old 01-31-2017, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I will try that format and see what happens.

Ripping the CD seems easy as you just touch the icon when the disc is in and then I see a % bar on that icon for progress.
Did not notice the % bar. What happens if you shut the car off, does it resume on start? Do you have a picture of the % bar?

Old 01-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know what happens but I will try that and see the outcome.

I will take a pic of the % later on when I load another disc tonight.

Keep in mind I just got my car back and have all the latest updates applied including that 2.5 update for iPhone 7 to my ICTP unit. Still have tons of bugs but at least it has cut down on the Windows type of crashes some.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

I tried the WMA file type and it did not work.

My DHDI issues are still seen as well. I hope the March big update will resolve this for me.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member

It took the dealer three whole days to do a software update to my car.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

Mine was 3 weeks, lol. You got off lucky.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How old is the USB drive you are using? I had the same problems as you until until i realized the thumb drive i was using was older and to work correctly it needs to be USB 3.0. Bought a new 3.0 drive, worked first time.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Wink

Originally Posted by c5ride
How old is the USB drive you are using? I had the same problems as you until until i realized the thumb drive i was using was older and to work correctly it needs to be USB 3.0. Bought a new 3.0 drive, worked first time.

USB 3.0 worked on first try, how did you know it had to be 3.0? I see both ports in the XE are blue signifying 3.0 but thought 2.0 would work also just like on my PC but I guess we are wrong?

Owners manual should state the use of USB 3.0 only I would think to avoid conflicts?

My 3.0 thumb drive and 3.0 XE ports:

Thumb drive is now visible:

Old 02-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad it worked!! Yea, it should be in the manual, but it's obviously not. I think I read it in an F- PACE forum.

The following users liked this post:
BigCat09 (02-03-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used a USB 2 drive and it works but is flaky. I found EFI formatting (works on most USB drives) is a no but basic DOS formatting works. You can use MP3, WMA, FLAC and ALAC.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
It took the dealer three whole days to do a software update to my car.
hey I dropped mine off on Wednesday for some adjustment work and last I heard it may go into shop Monday or Tuesday so 5 or 6 days before they even start.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RaffiNJ
hey I dropped mine off on Wednesday for some adjustment work and last I heard it may go into shop Monday or Tuesday so 5 or 6 days before they even start.
That is just not acceptable for Jag or any marque IMO. Did they give you a loaner car? My Jag dealer (Sudbury Jaguar), said with their 50+ dealership network (Herb Chambers) there was not one car available for me; day after day... Not a Honda, Kia, Chevy... The Jag dealer said I should rent my own car...

Old 02-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
That is just not acceptable for Jag or any marque IMO. Did they give you a loaner car? My Jag dealer (Sudbury Jaguar), said with their 50+ dealership network (Herb Chambers) there was not one car available for me; day after day... Not a Honda, Kia, Chevy... The Jag dealer said I should rent my own car...
That's interesting. My dealer (Ray Catena Edison) offered me a loaner even though my oil change would only take two hours. Granted, not a lot of people need a loaner for an oil change... buuuuuuuuuuuuut I'm not going to say no. The only downside is I'll be stuck with either a Range Rover or a Benz

Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

To be fair, the dealer has dropped me off at my house and picked me up, but I work from home & dealership is 8 miles away.

Not informing a customer that their service is multi-day when the customer thinks it'll be just a few hours is not acceptable. I would've rescheduled the service. I needed the car the next day and my girlfriend had to take a vacation day so I could use her car in the morning.

Herb Chambers is just not customer focused in servicing a car. They'll do what they can to sell you a car, after all the slime ball dealership stuff. They did step up with best price for the XE compared to other local Jag dealerships.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

For anyone in the NYC/ Long Island area, I have to say that I have been very impressed with Great Neck Jaguar. In purchasing the car, there was no slimeball bullshit... they were very straight with me.

The couple of times I had to bring the car in for service, I explained before I came in that I would need a loaner (I live 15+ miles away, in Brooklyn) and each time there was a loaner waiting for me as promised.

The service manager has been very professional and straightforward.