XE loaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

see next post

Last edited by booklaw1; 01-05-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: redundant
Old 01-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Even without the optional heated windshield, I find that my R-Sport has a tendency to fog up when I stop for a stoplight and the motor cuts out.

When I remove my foot from the brake and the car restarts, the fog begins to lift.

Very annoying, and potentially dangerous!

Old 01-06-2017, 08:40 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>when I stop for a stoplight and the motor cuts out.

See the thread I just posted about disabling start-stop

Just try'n to be helpful...
================================================== =
You dreamed of a big star -
He played a mean guitar -
He loved to drive his Jaguar...

So welcome to the machine

Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by booklaw1
Even without the optional heated windshield, I find that my R-Sport has a tendency to fog up when I stop for a stoplight and the motor cuts out.

When I remove my foot from the brake and the car restarts, the fog begins to lift.

Very annoying, and potentially dangerous!
Does you AC stop working when the engine turns off while at a stoplight?

If you have AC/heater on, it should still continue blowing air out and demist your windscreen.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:41 AM

It does stop (or maybe diminish). I'll add this to the checklist when I next visit my dealer.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I have an XE (base) as a loaner while my XF is getting a new timing chain. To be honest, I am disappointed. While I do like the instrument panel, steering wheel, the BLue Tooth connectivity, and the touch screen, the rest of the interior looks cheap. It is louder than my XF. It also does not seem as stable when it is windy. or at higher speeds. In addition, when I punch it out, the front end seems to float.

I am a Jag fanatic, (86 XJ6, 91 XJS, 94XJS 6.0 V12, 1077 XF) so I was hoping I would like this car, but I doubt I would ever buy one.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:59 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by mghirsch
I have an XE (base) as a loaner while my XF is getting a new timing chain. To be honest, I am disappointed. While I do like the instrument panel, steering wheel, the BLue Tooth connectivity, and the touch screen, the rest of the interior looks cheap. It is louder than my XF. It also does not seem as stable when it is windy. or at higher speeds. In addition, when I punch it out, the front end seems to float.

I am a Jag fanatic, (86 XJ6, 91 XJS, 94XJS 6.0 V12, 1077 XF) so I was hoping I would like this car, but I doubt I would ever buy one.
I think you need to compare with the XE V6 with adaptive dynamics.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by mghirsch

It is funny you say that. I had an XF as a loaner while my XE was being serviced.
I appreciated additional space and longer wheelbase. But I felt that the interior was very similar to XE's both in design and material quality. Considering the price difference, I expected significant difference in quality. Also, XF felt much heavier/softer with more body roll under hard driving.

If you are used to traditional Jaguars, XF is surely much closer to that driving experience than XE.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
I think you need to compare with the XE V6 with adaptive dynamics.
Agreed. Hit a 120 a few times yesterday and the car had a lot more to give. I don't think the top speed in OEM config is much higher though. I can understand anyone saying the interior is not as bespoke as other Jaguar lines; I'd agree.

Old 01-30-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Agreed. Hit a 120 a few times yesterday and the car had a lot more to give. I don't think the top speed in OEM config is much higher though. I can understand anyone saying the interior is not as bespoke as other Jaguar lines; I'd agree.
No troopers at the pike on Sunday night?

I feel like XE gets a lot of hate because it is such a departure from a traditional Jaguar and I completely understand that.

However, the market for large, sumptuous sedans is not hot anymore. I am not a big fan of XE's interior quality either (I do like the design a lot) but I think overall it is a good bang for your buck.

If I was getting an XF for 75K, then I would definitely expect top quality interior.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
No troopers at the pike on Sunday night?
Couple of stretches on 495 during a weekend morning. Average speed on 495 is already pretty high!

One part of me says "I could've leased an XJ Portfolio with same engine for like another $50 a month" when comparing the XE and XJ... But then I thought about how big the XJ is and I wasn't looking for a land yacht right now. Could change in a couple of years, that is why I am leasing...

Saw a late model VDP XJ350 today in a similar color as mine on the Pike. Must've been radiance red. Wow, what a beautiful car, even a decade later! I like that exterior more than the current model.