XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE music...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts
Default XE music...

No joking, I need some music tracks I can sample in my XE. I have the US Prestige tier, and the halo blue lighting with Taurus leather is crying for theme music.

What have you played accidentally in your XE that suddenly made you say "Oh my, wow. I suddenly realize how cool I am driving in this 2016/2017 XE---I need to remember this song."

Give me single track suggestions. I'll look into them.

Any category is welcome. I don't limit myself to any "type" of music.

It can be any language, Greek, Latvian, Peruvian, German, etc.

It can be all instrumental.

It can be comical, or car-related, or have nothing to do with cars at all.

It can be sexual soulful music for your sweetie It's okay, we're adults on this forum. (umm, well....right?)

It can be classical from any period, but not too far back (need to be able to obtain a copy with good fidelity).

Whatever you suggest, I will be grateful and check it out.

Here's the one I found by accident.

"Secret Garden", composed by Quincy Jones. (....um, if you have a pretty partner in the seat beside you, you have been warned: Use carefully).

Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I just listen to the Jaguar Symposer in my 35T, lol

Not sure if it has it but if it does Iw wish to defeat it, the plumbing might be different in the XE but I am sure we can mute it same as they do here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...defeat-171035/

Does the XE have an audio track that plays the motor threw the speakers or just the Symposer?

Old 02-24-2017, 10:29 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I often listen to this when driving at night.

I tend to not listen to anything too energizing. Then I start do drive like an idiot.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
I just listen to the Jaguar Symposer in my 35T, lol

Does the XE have an audio track that plays the motor threw the speakers or just the Symposer?
I'm not sure the XE was equipped with the Symposer, or any form of channeling engine tones into the cabin. I was aware the other cars and makers use this from time to time, but I thought the XE was one they did not make "artificial audio" for.

IF it does have one, I must be doing something wrong because my cat is stealthy silent in city driving as if it's a real cat stalking prey.

Demetre, thanks for your suggestion. I'll access it and check it out this weekend.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am a British rock/metal fan and find it fitting for Jaguar: Judas Priest, Bad Company, Rolling Stones, Motorhead...

if not rock I go modern with George Michael or US with R. Kelly. Oh ya, I forgot I was trying the out the USB stick that had a copy of Alice Cooper's greatest hits and that was fun in the car...

Old 02-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Jags weren't doing the artificial sound into the car like BMW (unless something new has changed). They did have some sort of tube that directed actual engine sound towards the cockpit on some models.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

I dont know what is great for the XE, but the XE is the first Jag we've had that can deal with some big beat techno without it going muddy, so my test of the system is something by Fluke, Death in Vegas, Crystal Method etc. At the moment it is Utah Saints, and this one really tests the speakers

Old 02-26-2017, 01:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny story... about two weeks after I got my XE I was rolling down the main drag in town. Windows down, sun roof open. Must've been 80, 85? Nice day. Town is big on yielding for pedestrians. I see a gaggle of girls. Must've been early to late 20s. Of course I come to a full stop. They can't pull their eyes away from the car, one end of the crosswalk to the other. Meanwhile the hook to this song is blaring through my speakers.

"I'm young and I'll waste you away".

All I could think was, "sure, waste me away! Any one of yous!"

BTW, this song sounds best in my XE. The bass is just perfect. Can't match it in any other car I've driven the past six months.