XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE-R Sport Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

And the price tag is enough for me not to choose that intake brand. $2k+ is just too much for the small gain.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member

The price alone is way too steep for the gains for me at $2k+

Old 11-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Some members on the F type forum have been researching the Eventuri intake system and on one of the posts, they have a dyno before and after.
Lawrence.
Thank you..checked out some of the threads. To rich for my blood for now, looks like a beautiful product, although shame no one will see the carbon fiber.
CRS

Old 11-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
Thank you..checked out some of the threads. To rich for my blood for now, looks like a beautiful product, although shame no one will see the carbon fiber.
CRS
Agree, I doubt that I will go with it either due to cost. Actually, I was surprised at the power gain on the dyno runs.
Lawrence

Old 12-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Received 821 Likes on 467 Posts

Hello All.

We have a big thread running in the F-Type Section, but the short version is: We offer ECU Tuning for the 3.0L V6 which will raise the output to 416BHP, regardless of starting point. That is with an ECU Tune alone. With the addition of a crank pulley we can achieve just shy of 450BHP.

Safe, dyno-proven and reviewed by several F-Type Owners.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
CRS 123 (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hello All.

We have a big thread running in the F-Type Section, but the short version is: We offer ECU Tuning for the 3.0L V6 which will raise the output to 416BHP, regardless of starting point. That is with an ECU Tune alone. With the addition of a crank pulley we can achieve just shy of 450BHP.

Safe, dyno-proven and reviewed by several F-Type Owners.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...8s-v8r-158091/
My ECU guy down here in So Cal took my 340HP XE V6 to 380 with the tune, and then added the smaller pulley for additional HP. I"m curious what gets you to 416BHP with just the tune. I"m certainly not doubting your readings, just wondering what the difference in coding may be? I'm also wondering if the 450 BHP isn't pressing the design tolerance of the engine? Again, I don't have an opinion...just wondering:-) Thanks for any input.
Cheers
CRS

Old 12-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Received 821 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
My ECU guy down here in So Cal took my 340HP XE V6 to 380 with the tune, and then added the smaller pulley for additional HP. I"m curious what gets you to 416BHP with just the tune. I"m certainly not doubting your readings, just wondering what the difference in coding may be? I'm also wondering if the 450 BHP isn't pressing the design tolerance of the engine? Again, I don't have an opinion...just wondering:-) Thanks for any input.
Cheers
CRS
380BHP you can get just from applying OEM settings from the V6S. We built our V6 file over several hours of dyno time with an XF-S V6 which is already at 380BHP and took it to 416BHP.

I can't really comment specifically on what we might be doing differently to your tuner, because A.) I don't know what they are doing, B.) Some of it we would consider proprietary and C.) Some of it is fairly technical. I can tell you that we have seen some maps from other companies where all that was altered was a couple of torque tables by a couple of %. When we tune a Jaguar engine we are usually altering 68 individual maps.

I can tell you that 416BHP is 100% achievable, without altering any safety tables like fuel enrichment, and with a safe and conservative AFR and timing. If you put in the work, the HP is there. Jaguar themselves are soon to come out with a 400HP special edition of the FType V6S..... so you can do the math!

On a 3.0L V6 Jaguar engine, the stock pulley is already at 62mm nominal outside diameter (the V8 is 65mm.) The internal clearance required to clear the supercharger snout dictates that this is the smallest supercharger pulley that can be fitted (62mm) without shaving the snout. If the snout is shaved it can be reduced to 60.5mm, which equates to about 0.75lbs of additional boost. I would expect that to show about another 8-10 BHP on the V6. So unless your supercharger snout was shaved, you possibly have the same size pulley which was originally on there. If not, you've got another 0.75lbs of boost.

The real route to additional power on the V6 is the crank pulley, which can be upsized by 11%, which will increase boost by much more (up to a little over 18lbs.) This is how 445BHP is achievable.

In terms of the engine's ability to 'handle' the additional power - the in cylinder boost is certainly a question mark, however going from say 15PSI to 18PSI is not a crazy amount to increase. And as far as the engine structure, ancillaries etc - remember that this V6 engine LITERALLY is a V8 block with different sleeves, the two rear bores blanked off in the crankcase and shorter blower + 6 hole cylinder heads fitted. So the structure of that engine is handling 575BHP in factory trim in a V8 SVR. The crank may have counterweights added on the V6 but it is the same length, strength, same main caps etc. etc.

So arguably the V6 is massively understressed and over engineered for purpose.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

CRS 123 (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 08:48 PM

380BHP you can get just from applying OEM settings from the V6S. We built our V6 file over several hours of dyno time with an XF-S V6 which is already at 380BHP and took it to 416BHP.

I can't really comment specifically on what we might be doing differently to your tuner, because A.) I don't know what they are doing, B.) Some of it we would consider proprietary and C.) Some of it is fairly technical. I can tell you that we have seen some maps from other companies where all that was altered was a couple of torque tables by a couple of %. When we tune a Jaguar engine we are usually altering 68 individual maps.

I can tell you that 416BHP is 100% achievable, without altering any safety tables like fuel enrichment, and with a safe and conservative AFR and timing. If you put in the work, the HP is there. Jaguar themselves are soon to come out with a 400HP special edition of the FType V6S..... so you can do the math!

On a 3.0L V6 Jaguar engine, the stock pulley is already at 62mm nominal outside diameter (the V8 is 65mm.) The internal clearance required to clear the supercharger snout dictates that this is the smallest supercharger pulley that can be fitted (62mm) without shaving the snout. If the snout is shaved it can be reduced to 60.5mm, which equates to about 0.75lbs of additional boost. I would expect that to show about another 8-10 BHP on the V6. So unless your supercharger snout was shaved, you possibly have the same size pulley which was originally on there. If not, you've got another 0.75lbs of boost.

The real route to additional power on the V6 is the crank pulley, which can be upsized by 11%, which will increase boost by much more (up to a little over 18lbs.) This is how 445BHP is achievable.

In terms of the engine's ability to 'handle' the additional power - the in cylinder boost is certainly a question mark, however going from say 15PSI to 18PSI is not a crazy amount to increase. And as far as the engine structure, ancillaries etc - remember that this V6 engine LITERALLY is a V8 block with different sleeves, the two rear bores blanked off in the crankcase and shorter blower + 6 hole cylinder heads fitted. So the structure of that engine is handling 575BHP in factory trim in a V8 SVR. The crank may have counterweights added on the V6 but it is the same length, strength, same main caps etc. etc.

Thanks again for taking the time for such a detailed response. I'm sure many others in the forum will appreciate you sharing your knowledge. The crank pulley mod sounds tempting.😊
CRS

Old 12-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Question Baseline Dyno B4 VAP Tune

Hey Stuart: I got the tuner from you but haven't got around to flashing my car yet. Today I am hitting the Dyno for you to get that baseline run before the tune goes in and then I will update you o the findings. The Dyno is a Linked Dyno so the car shouldn't freak out.

On a side note, is there another type of XE out there cause I have the XE-R Sport fully loaded and it only has the 340hp. I didn't know outside the USA there is a 380hp version yet?
About the 340hp rating, I assume ours is 340hp at 11.4 or so PSI and then when we put the 380HP at 15 PSI that is not a tune but rather a restriction removed (detuned).

And then your tune to 416hp at lets say 18PSI is just a 36hp tuning goal? IF correct then this seems like a rather super safe area and you probably could get much more out of your tuning part maybe and still be safe?

After the dealer works out some of my defects on this car I plan to add your lower pulley and see what the extra 37hp feels like as I think that mod will give it a good kick in power down low and feel like much more?

If I put the pulley on and then have to go to the dealer and put the stock tune back in can I just drive it gently so I don't get a check engine light from the pulley? I assume if I don't get o the gas hard the CEL won't come on with the stock tune and pulley as the ECU won't see the overboost?

I will post todays crappy/weak dyno results and the after tune results later tonight.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member

I think Stuart forgot to mention he can program the Auto Start ON/OFF button for last setting memory now as well which is a huge plus for me!!!!!!!

Austin7 (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Y-Pipe fabbrication for XE

Hello again bigcat09...you and I seem to be traveling a parallel path with our XE mods. It'd be cool to meet you sometime and drive!

Anyhow, have you had any progress on your Y-intake fabrications? If they come up with a design, you may be able to dangle the possibility of a plus-1 to your fabricator, made for an another Austin customer? (Me).

Seems like the OEM looks a little restrictive.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

I think Mina Gallery is making the Y-Pipe now. I just need to get a sample to test fit it and report back..

Old 01-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

I just did a tiny mod to a local guys 35T, and will do mine next when time permits.
I mentioned before that the airbuses have a second set of filters for emission that are charcoal.So like on my AMG car I did the delete and it only took 11 min to do it was so easy.

I took off the airbox lid and seen they had these plastic welds that held the cage in for the charcoal filters. I was able to pry them out with my fingers they were so weak. On the AMG cars we had to cut the cage out to remove the filters but these look like an after thought and came out super easy and fast. Plus you can put them back in just as easy if needed.

There are not good air filters offered out there yet that are dry type so we left the stock filters in place. I put it back together and also remove the plastic engine cover as well. Then went for a ride and all seemed well and now can here a tiny bit more of the blower whine.

This is a simple mod for the who want a tiny bit of an upgrade and nothing big or permanent.