XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

XE-S in US??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XE-S in US??

Hello everyone. I live in Los Angeles and currently driving 335i.

My lease is going to end in few months so I've checked out few cars. Before this I had German brands so I'm not looking into Mercedes or Audis. I've checked Lexus IS350. Great car and very comfort but I feel like not enough power...

Then I drove XE 35t I believe it was prestige or premium. Great car, very fun, enough comfort, and power!! But then I found it XE S does not offered in US... dealer guy told me R-sport is same but I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum that R-sport and S is totally different. Well at least the exterior is.

So is there any chance XE-S will be offered in USA? Also is there any difference between S and R-sport? Is it just cosmetic difference?

I really don't like that chrome looking on front bumper..

Old 12-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't know whether the S will come to the States, but as for the differences between the R-Sport and the S, see:
http://http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_xi/xe_k17/3d63o/a-30p-340a_a-xebs_jt4/jdxmodel.html

Old 12-21-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by booklaw1
I don't know whether the S will come to the States, but as for the differences between the R-Sport and the S, see:
http://http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_xi/xe_k17/3d63o/a-30p-340a_a-xebs_jt4/jdxmodel.html

Thank u for the answer. Seems like differences are color of the body kit and adaptice dynamic is an option in US R-sport. Does anyone know if there is any performance difference and if chrome on R-sport bumper can be removed from dealer by any chance? I've asked one dealer and this salesman told me its not possible. (I've experienced so many salesman tried to rip me off...

Thank u

Old 12-22-2016, 02:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

R-Sport brushed trim around the bumper is pretty nice looking. Adaptive Dynamic is an option on the R-Sport, perhaps other trims too?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:03 AM

I purchased the "Black Design Package" and I'm pretty sure that there is no chrome on my R-Sport bumpers. I'll check whenever I next get to the garage where I keep my car.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Note that the British "S" model is apparently not available with all wheel drive (at least on the Jaguar UK website).

Old 12-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The black pack does not have chrome around the front.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

There are no significant differences that you can feel in everyday driving.

I believe that XE-S is lower than XE 35T R-Sport, has more aggressive bodykit and better Brembo brakes. It might also have one or two additional options for interior colors/trim. Other than that, there should not be major differences.

In my opinion, if you get 35T RWD R-Sport you will have 90% XE-S

Old 01-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm not so sure the Brembo's are physically different between the European S and the USA T-spec. By all accounts I've seen ...the difference is they are just painted red in Europe. If anyone else has a link or pics to the contrary, I'd be very interested.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:00 AM

Happy new year everyone!!

I have requested my friend who visited UK few days ago to test drive XE-S and asked another request to test drive 35t R-sport when he came back to make a comparison. As Demetre Gvaramia mentioned above, there weren't much differences according to my friend. Of course the brakes performed so much better, instead of body color side sills we get here for R-sport, XE-S had black side sills, front bumper was obviously different, and few major cosmetics. But one major difference was the exhaust noise. As we all have heard XE-S exhaust note on the youtube, 35t R-sport just did not had the same sound unfortunately. My friend told me although the performance numbers are same but he felt more better and looked better on XE-S.

I have contacted JaguarUSA about XE-S but sadly, they do not know XE-S will be offered. I have decided to wait another year to see XE-S will be offered. I think there is a chance because XF and F-pace both have S models. I'm just hoping JaguarUSA will bring the S model.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:03 AM

Anyone know how to confirm that the car carries adaptive dynamic option and 825W meridian in the car? Dealer tells me the car I test drove has it but I need a verification....

Old 01-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by jellyy

I have requested my friend who visited UK few days ago to test drive XE-S and asked another request to test drive 35t R-sport when he came back to make a comparison. As Demetre Gvaramia mentioned above, there weren't much differences according to my friend. Of course the brakes performed so much better, instead of body color side sills we get here for R-sport, XE-S had black side sills, front bumper was obviously different, and few major cosmetics. But one major difference was the exhaust noise. As we all have heard XE-S exhaust note on the youtube, 35t R-sport just did not had the same sound unfortunately. My friend told me although the performance numbers are same but he felt more better and looked better on XE-S.

I have contacted JaguarUSA about XE-S but sadly, they do not know XE-S will be offered. I have decided to wait another year to see XE-S will be offered. I think there is a chance because XF and F-pace both have S models. I'm just hoping JaguarUSA will bring the S model.
If it means anything to you at all I asked my friend here at Jaguar HQ in NJ about the S model for the XE and he said in current discussions it won't be an option due to initial sales of the XE. He also mentioned it depended on if they sold many R Sport models as well to make the final decision to ensure there is enough demand.

He also feels that if the R-Sport tops at $65k and they bring the S model that would go above that people would opt to get into a XF or F-Pace at that point and it would overlap the models.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BigCat09
If it means anything to you at all I asked my friend here at Jaguar HQ in NJ about the S model for the XE and he said in current discussions it won't be an option due to initial sales of the XE
That's an interesting one. Is that n the sense that sales are so good JLR don't need an extra model or that sales are disappointing therefore it's not likely to make a return on the investment required?

Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member

Not sure how he meant it but I took it as the sales were very poor.

The following users liked this post:
stever_51 (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jellyy

Where is this S model exhaust video on YT? Cant find it.. My 35T is too muffled for my liking..

Old 01-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't know if it is a US/UK local youtube thing but I just searched YT for "jaguar xe s exhaust" and got a fair few matches.

Here are the first two - no idea if either is the one referred to above.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Veteran Member

What is the technical difference in exhaust (if any) between the S and R-Sport?

Old 01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

I bet it is just like the F _Type guys exhaust. They tune those crackles in on the S model through TQ Management etc. We could look up the part numbers I assume to be sure but I am willing to bet its all in the tune.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

That is interesting. I was wondering why my car did not have those crackles on the overrun or when bouncing off the limiter.

Yeah I am not very happy with the US spec XE's exhaust. They could have done much better job with it.

It is also interesting that they are not planning to offer XE-S. We know that Audi's new S4 will have around 360hp, Current C43 AMG already has 367 or so hp so I would expect Jaguar to release XE-S with 380hp and updated brakes.

Moreover, if they will release XE SVR with 5.0L SC V8 and ~480-500hp, it would make more sense to have something in between XE 35t and XE SVR.

As for sales figures, JLR had its best year yet with 26% YOY growth in 2016 vs 2015 while Jaguar had record-breaking 72% growth YOY 2016 vs 2015.

In the US alone, JLR had 25% annual growth compared to Audi, BMW and MB having low single digits (BMW even had a negative 8% growth - in particular their 3 series sold ~30% less than in 2015) which is surprising. Forbes Welcome

I personally think that XE will not be that big of a seller but F-Pace and new upcoming Discovery will.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

If I were JLR, I would not bring in the S and go for a V8 Supercharged or a V6 SVR type of model. Make a category killer if you want up one up yourself.

I wonder how the next gen BMW/Jag V8 will fare? Wasn't a fan of the BMW V8 in our Range Rover. That engine would warm up like it was in a microwave oven...