XF (X260) 2015 onwards

combination traffic sign recognition GPS does not work

Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default combination traffic sign recognition GPS does not work

At the end of december 2016 I bought the New Jaguar XF,
with several options, among others:
head up display, traffic sign recognition and intelligent speed limiter, incontrol touch with SD navigation, inclus voice.
This system doesn't work at all as it should.
After a Year, there is still no solution for the problem.
The problem: the system board recognizer works for 90% good via Board recognition itself.
If no signs are on the road than the information must come from the SD card.
Here is the error.
There is virtually no info from the SD card.
Result: constante completely wrong information on the head up display, you can not take it into account. This system is not aligned and constantly fails.
Where one can drive 50 km/h the system gives on the head up display 120 km/h for example.
I am not at all satisfied with this system.
Someone an idea? It is not possible to detach the traffic sign recognicer and the GPS. Jaguar England has no solution. After one year they told me, that it never should be solded in this combination...they told me that in Belgium i'm the only person driving with this in the XF with SD card navigation...

Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

As you have found in Belgium they (or rather their mapping partner) does not have the necessary speed data to include with their mapping. It is a region-specific feature. It is possible to turn off the traffic sign recognition entirely which should prevent it appearing on the displays, but AFAIK you can't just turn off the integrated mapping data side. (i.e. it is all or nothing.)

Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I find on certain country roads the Speed Limit sign does NOT show up on the screen. On main roads it always shows on the screen. Odd