XF (X260) 2015 onwards

ICTP in XF vs F Pace

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ICTP in XF vs F Pace

HI everyone. . I was just wondering if the ICTP is different in the XF vs the F Pace.
I don't mean its functions but rather its integration with the rest of the systems and electronics in each car. I read thru 26 pages or so on the UK F Pace forum regarding issues with the F Pace. It would seem that almost every F Pace across the pond is affected with major issues. They have gone so far as to request that sales of the vehicle be halted until Jaguar comes up with a fix. The forum here has they same theme although not to the same extent.

I am buying a 2017 XF S and my dealer has mentioned that they have had a number of F Pace's come back with problems and a few XE's but not really many XF's.

It would seem to me that it's pretty much the same system and if its not working in one its not working in all. Could it be possible (as I am hoping) that it works better in some cars than in others?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula1fan
HI everyone. . I was just wondering if the ICTP is different in the XF vs the F Pace.
I don't mean its functions but rather its integration with the rest of the systems and electronics in each car. I read thru 26 pages or so on the UK F Pace forum regarding issues with the F Pace. It would seem that almost every F Pace across the pond is affected with major issues. They have gone so far as to request that sales of the vehicle be halted until Jaguar comes up with a fix. The forum here has they same theme although not to the same extent.

I am buying a 2017 XF S and my dealer has mentioned that they have had a number of F Pace's come back with problems and a few XE's but not really many XF's.

It would seem to me that it's pretty much the same system and if its not working in one its not working in all. Could it be possible (as I am hoping) that it works better in some cars than in others?

Thanks
My XF AWD 2016 is new but I have to comment:
a) one has to know the SPECIFIC issue or issues. What years are affected and what is/are the specific problems. Some problems can be attributed to user misuse of the Nav features although they are not overly intuitive but work fine if you are used to pushing the screen to activate your hot or cold seat heater or collers. How close to the horse's mouth was the opinion I just heard is my question. Nav systems are not universally loved on any cars, some better than others. We like ours so far. The car is superior to our last one a 2011 BMW 5 series.
Good luck. The XF is a different cat to the F-Pace of course. The XE is nice but smaller.
AL

Old 10-22-2016, 08:02 PM

It seems as if the infotainment system was introduced a bit early and they are playing catch up. Many of the issues, random system reboots, dropping phone calls and dropped sat signals are common among all the cars.

As much as I love the looks and the way the XF drives, I am not sure I can put up with these issues. I am coming out of an Audi S8 which never had a problem the same with my BMW before that and my MB before that. I may not have loved how they all worked and each had there quirks but they functioned as intended.

It would seem I'm headed towards another German car again.

Thanks for the info!

Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 242 Posts

I have ICT and find it satisfactory. The functional difference with the "Pro" version is mainly applications as near as I can tell. Am I wrong?

Old 10-23-2016, 03:20 PM

I believe it is more than that. I know the ICTP is supposed to have a faster processor with the digital dash display and the more powerful Meridian sound system. Glad to hear yours is working well.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I owned MBs & BMWs for the last nearly 30 yrs. Each one had it's issues. My last BMW a 5 series was very good and I maintained it faithfully. I had a few mechanical problems. The Nav system was labour intensive with no Touch Screen. If quirks in Nav drive(pun) people back to a German vehicle or another marque rather than the Jaguar XF--which I find excellent so far, then that is a personal choice. If the Jaguar is just AVERAGE in reliability it will be similar to the other German cars I have owned. I liked the Lexus but the scoop shovel nose was too much to bear. Caveat emptor.
AL
2016 Jaguar XF AWD Prestige

Old 10-24-2016, 04:17 PM

I have been fortunate so far that all of my vehicles have been trouble free so I have become a bit jaded. I do like the simplicity of the touch screen (except for the finger prints) as my wife has a Lincoln MKC with the new Sync 3 system. I have decided to wait a bit on the XF perhaps for a software update that will help settle the system.
They are beautiful and are amazing to drive. Hopefully they will get these issues sorted out.
Thank you.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My ICT in the XF had been pretty flawless. I know there have been many issues with the Pro version but many fewer with the standard ICT.

As far as problems in 7 months of ownership, vert few. The start stop was inoperative and the trunk latch cover broke but other than that it has been perfect.

We had two BMW 5 Series vehicles and both were plagued with electrical and electronics problems to the extent we dumped them and bought Land Rover LR 4's . Both BMW's were the 535i GT and mine, an X Drive was in the shop incessantly. My spouses car was never repaired so that it would not break down, and two different dealers had little to no success with repairs. Loved the cars but never again.