XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Issue with new XF

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Issue with new XF

Hey all,

I bought a 2016 XF a few months ago and I've been dealing with some issues since the purchase and one that won't subside. The first trip for service was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door, loose fitting around the rear conole and misaligned driver's side pillar. The second trip was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door. The third trip was for a vibration in the steering column and a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door. The fourth visit was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door - this time the vibration was enhanced by the radio/phone (AM radio, FM songs with bass and human voice). Each time the dealership has fixed the issue - it comes back quite suddenly. The tech has hear and experienced the rattles each time while sitting in the car and during ride alongs. I am very frustrated to say the least (oh and ICTP has decide not to work with my iPhone 7 and has restarted itself 2x while driving).

I contacted JLR directly and they said they are only obligated to fix under warranty and offered no solutions (perhaps I need to go way up the chain). The dealership and service center are pleasant, but not fixing the problem. I asked, so if you don't fix it this time, then what- they didn't have a good response or path to resolution.

This will now be the 5TH TIME I have to bring this car in. It's really terrible for a $60k+ car that I purchased brand new. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited by NHJaguar; 11-17-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

Sounds like you have some issues that need to be sorted out that few have had problems with. That's what warranty is for. Inconvenient? Yes.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NHJaguar
Hey all,

I bought a 2016 XF a few months ago and I've been dealing with some issues since the purchase and one that won't subside. The first trip for service was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door, loose fitting around the rear conole and misaligned driver's side pillar. The second trip was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door. The third trip was for a vibration in the steering column and a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door. The fourth visit was for a vibration/rattle on the passenger side door - this time the vibration was enhanced by the radio/phone (AM radio, FM songs with bass and human voice). Each time the dealership has fixed the issue - it comes back quite suddenly. The tech has hear and experienced the rattles each time while sitting in the car and during ride alongs. I am very frustrated to say the least (oh and ICTP has decide not to work with my iPhone 7 and has restarted itself 2x while driving).

I contacted JLR directly and they said they are only obligated to fix under warranty and offered no solutions (perhaps I need to go way up the chain). The dealership and service center are pleasant, but not fixing the problem. I asked, so if you don't fix it this time, then what- they didn't have a good response or path to resolution.

This will now be the 5TH TIME I have to bring this car in. It's really terrible for a $60k+ car that I purchased brand new. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!
If as you state "JLR directly and they said they are only obligated to fix under warranty and offered no solutions..." then it IS the dealers responsibility under the law as I see it to fix the car if it has mechanical problems under the warrantee. Read the warrantee. It is THEIR problem not yours.