XF (X260) 2015 onwards

New software for ICTP on Oct 26 2016

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New software for ICTP on Oct 26 2016

I had my car (XF-R) updated to the latest software couple of days ago and wanted to share my experience with everyone, the software was supposed to fix these issues:

1. Satellite digital audio radio service lock up..audio loss.
2. Infotainment master control resets, blank screens and poor system performance.
3. CD ripping/playback issues.
4. Camera: frozen camera image on screen when reverse is selected and camera stability issues.
5. Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability.
6. Phone and Bluetooth - connection and contacts download issue.

My car was having ALL of the problems above except for CD ripping because I never tried it (I don't care for that feature really). The USB device I tried was one with 16GB capacity and another with 256GB, both fat32 format, before the update the larger USB took forever to read without being able to listen to music, after the update it actually finished reading it and was able to listen to some music but many tracks suffered from choppiness, after switching to a different audio source and back to the flash drive it took a long time again to read the content, not very practical so far!

I will update you in the coming days.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:51 PM

So far..great news, did not experience any of the issues above. Still have couple of irritating things:
1. On two of my previous cars (BMW and Infiniti), each key had its own memories are far as seat position and steering wheel and when you unlock the car with that key it recalls memory No 1 of that key (driver in that instance), not with this Jaguar unfortunately.
2. I feel that the driver seat could be moved slightly to the left, feel more resistance on the left butt cheek

Many people experienced a random cool heat fan action including myself, so far non of that happened.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very interesting... i just picked up new XF and i have problem connecting my new Iphone to XF. Do you think i have to call dealership to upgrade ICTP?.. i cant imagine i have old soft if i just got a car 2 weeks ago...
do you know what new version suppose to be?

thankx

Old 12-25-2016, 11:37 PM

Your car might have been sitting at the dealership for a while, you should contact them immediately, I think the new software solved 80% of the problems. No more iPhone disconnections but music sometimes gets distorted and stops, I have to switch to a different source then back..

Old 12-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you pal...Scheduled an apt already!!