XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF 2016 sucks

Old 12-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the new XF. See it in person and it has a real presence. The interior is very nice, though a little German looking. If you like your current model XF, then don't dismiss the new one until you have had a chance to drive it. I have and I can tell you. It's bloody good.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

I still hate the interior and I saw it in person. Not british. Not enough wood. Stupid shifter in the middle (the old design was better.)

Even the Volvo s90 has better interior

2017 Volvo S90: A New, Swedish Flagship Sedan

Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Check out the new E-Class by Mercedes... Way nicer interior.

The cabin of Merc's new E-Class is basically an awesome home cinema | Top Gear

Old 12-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll agree that it's more premium looking but I don't actually care for the screens that span the dashboard.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Compared to the new E Class interior, the new XF already feels outdated. It's quite sad they didn't improve on design and material quality.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by pkoko

Completely agree. With what Jaguar is delivering they need to be significantly cheaper than the competition.

If their prices were like Volvo then it would be fine. But at their prices, only a fringe group would choose Jag over Mercedes or BMW.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Admittedly, the new interior of the XF could be better, but I still find it a pleasant place to be. As for the Volvo, well that's just plain awful and the Mercedes is to busy. And if it's like all the other MBs that I have driven, it is way to complicated.

The following users liked this post:
Swimref (12-13-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 01:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Completely agree. With what Jaguar is delivering they need to be significantly cheaper than the competition.

If their prices were like Volvo then it would be fine. But at their prices, only a fringe group would choose Jag over Mercedes or BMW.
Not to my taste at all. When is there time to look out at the road?

Old 12-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Arsenalfan
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Admittedly, the new interior of the XF could be better, but I still find it a pleasant place to be. As for the Volvo, well that's just plain awful and the Mercedes is to busy. And if it's like all the other MBs that I have driven, it is way to complicated.
Everyone has different preferences for interior design, I understand that. But besides design and layout, the material quality, fit and finish inside Merc and Audi's cabin is noticeably superior IMO compared to the new XF.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Arsenalfan
Busy... yes... full of high tech features. also yes. I actually feel Mercedes are worth every penny. Every car they make is among the best in its class. My only complain is the MB tex "fake" leather (real leather is almost always an option). BMW only has slightly better driving dynamics. Audi is only 10% cheaper.

Mercedes resale value is also better as is its CPO program. I wish Jag offer a better CPO program in the US. In few years, I am going to need a nice AWD sedan and I would love an XF or XJ or even XE. But I don't like any new Jag interior except XJ (too expensive new) and CPO warranty isn't long enough. You can get 8 years and unlimited miles from Mercedes.

Last edited by pkoko; 12-14-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Kind of camping on that I hope the next XJ's interior isn't just a copy of the XF's. It needs to be unique--and Jaguar needs to offer us the same interior options that they do in the UK, I don't know why they're being so restrictive with their new XF, XE and F-PACE.

Im curious to see the new E-Class' interior without the ridiculous displays; I'm betting it'll be more to my taste.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having recently driven both the 2015 XF Sport and the 2016 XF S, I just recently purchased the 2015 XF Sport 3.0 supercharged. I also drove the E400 and the 550i, which are just too common for my taste. Of course the interior design is slightly better in some competing German models, but the exterior styling of the XF Sport or XFR wins by a landslide.

Here in OC there are so many C/E classes and 3/5 series that you will probably lose count as you pass dozens of them in the parking lot at the mall. The XF is rare in comparison, and the 2015 XF Sport and XFR/S just have a muscular, stylish look that really makes them look better than the 2016 model.

As for the things I did like about the 2016: The redesigned interior is better in many ways, especially the F-type style steering wheel. Performance is where the 2016 XF S really shines, the 380 HP in sport mode just sounds incredible from both inside and outside of the car. Same amazing sound you get from the F-type S.

The RWD 2016 is obviously noticeably faster, and better at finding grip off the line than the 2015. If only the looks of the 2016 were more unique to match that amazing performance and exhaust note.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Have been waiting for the 2016 XF to hit the lot. Wife was finally ready to replace her 09 XF, which she loves. Our local dealership had 2 of them in stock and after seeing them in person they did nothing for me. The interior was not that impressive and the outside has been tamed down. Wife loved the sportiness of the V-8 in the 09 and the sound it made. The '16 is still gorgeous but not enough of a change to justify a change.

Went to the Mercedes dealership and they had the new C450 AMG in stock. Test drove it and loved it. They dropped the price to $200 over invoice, (Jaguar would barely move on MSRP). The C450 AMG is extremely fast and loaded was cheaper than the XF. In sport + mode the sound is absolutely amazing, F-type like with the burbles, cracking and backfires. Timed it at 4.35 0-60 this weekend. Blows our STR away.

So we kept the XF for me, the wife got the new Mercedes and the STR was handed down to the Kids. The XF may get traded in on an F-type very soon though.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

the interior of the new XF looks really cheap and low-rent.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

It's interesting but when you compare the interior of the Jag and the E-Class:

Jag looks more German - clinical, simple layout, boxy, lots of buttons, more monotone, only a small token amount of wood on the door trim

Mercedes interior looks more British - detailed contrasting double stitched seams, rounded design, elegant, fewer buttons, more contrast, wood paneling along the whole length of the door

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-23-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

I don't see either car's interior as 'British' which to me means both luxury AND warmth. The XF has neither; the new E-class feels luxurious in a techie sort of way (virtual buttons/gadgets/chrome everywhere) but definitely lacks warmth.

My old X350 has both in an old-world sort of way

Old 12-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

We have the XE which has essentially the same interior as the new XF, but probably a step down. And having had 2 XFs, I know what I am comparing them to.

The interior is much nicer in the flesh than how it photographs, especially the portfolio where you get some colour contrasts. It is particularly effective at night. I had the black with white stitching in my second XF, and really it isnt as luxurious looking as ivory and oyster or similar combinations, and in most pictures of the XF interior yo9u are looking at black with white stitching.

The Benz interior looks great, especially the flow from the centre console which ties it together. The Jag has it in sections which doesnt look as good, but there is a purpose to that - the space in front of the shifter has a little rubber pad to put your phone on, which is actually pretty handy.

Here is a pic of the XF in other than the R sport interior. Looks pretty nice. http://image.automobilemag.com/f/101...o-interior.jpg

Old 12-24-2015, 01:08 AM

Sorry but it needs more wood trim and shiftier shouldn't be in the middle and take half the center console. The old XF was very functional and space efficient. Also the air vents need to share common design language. The center and side vents look like they came from another vehicle.

Lastly, I am going to bet that MB "premium" audio will blow the XF away bc of far better speaker placement.

The only thing wrong with the new E-Class is where are the cup holder?

Old 12-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Veteran Member

I think the new modern Jaguars are aiming for the 'driving experience' (loud exhaust, firm sporty ride, equally firm hard seats) rather than pampering the senses of the driver with beautiful wood, leather, chrome, picnic trays and audiophile-quality sound. This is one reason I am not yet ready to give up my old X350.
Jaguar better be careful not going too extreme in the 'sport' department for risking alienation of old-timers like myself (I'm only 40's but owned Jags for 20 yrs). The true sports car fanatics will still go for the Germans.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

Sorry but it needs more wood trim and shiftier shouldn't be in the middle and take half the center console. The old XF was very functional and space efficient. Also the air vents need to share common design language. The center and side vents look like they came from another vehicle.

Lastly, I am going to bet that MB "premium" audio will blow the XF away bc of far better speaker placement.

The only thing wrong with the new E-Class is where are the cup holder?
You might be right though caradvice in Oz thought that the c class stereo was a let down. Having suffered through 3 B & W stereos in the 2 XFs and the XKR and finding them monumentally overrated and not a patch on the stock volvo systems, I'd have to say that the Meridian 380W system in the XE is very good. In fact my only complaint is that it is too loud, I like music plenty but I cant play this one over about a third, and even though it has a dial to increase sound it actually goes up in pretty significant increments. And no CD player - that was a surprise!

Anyway I'm not saying it is perfect, but I've experienced the XFs over 5 years and I loved the interior (much more than the XKR even though the XKR has more leather) and the XKR for two - the interiors in the new cars (XE, new XF) is far more functional, streets ahead in fact. The seats are better, the technology is massively better, the steering wheel is better, the seating position is better.

You can have wood trim if you want as an option (personally I dont like it, my XKR looked like someone had eaten a tree and thrown up in it before I wrapped it all (sacre bleu!)). The side vents in the XE are in an odd position and either freeze your fingers on the wheel or the door handle, and the home button from the screen is on the wrong side for us in Oz, but aside from that no complaints here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XF 2016 sucks