XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF 2016 sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I'll agree that it's more premium looking but I don't actually care for the screens that span the dashboard.
Like it or not, that is the future of automobiles. These things will be driving themselves soon. I am keeping my all three of my Jags. They will soon be nostalgic reminders !!!

Old 03-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2016 XF Exhaust

So I was in the showroom yesterday getting a service and I finally got to sit in the 2016 XF. While the interior was nice and economical looking. The exterior and the BMW/Audii exhaust really really annoyed my sense of proportions. The narrowing of the tailpipes is for me just normalizing the brand - its rear view is so so bland. Also took a closer look at the Grille Logo - not sure what the new flat logo aesthetic value is trying to inspire versus customers questions like " how do a remove the big ugly looking plastic strip on the front grille.

My guess is the sales numbers are not good for the 2016 XF. I would luv to get into a heated discussion with Jaguar an challenge their Marketing of this brand.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:57 PM
TBW
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bollocsk187
... Also took a closer look at the Grille Logo - not sure what the new flat logo ....
For info, the flat plastic logo is only when you got ACC (adaptative cruise control) otherwise you have a 'classic' 3D logo.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Jaguar
For the month of March, Jaguar sales were 2,133 units, a 28 percent increase from 1,660 units in March 2015. The F-TYPE had its best ever March sales month with 426 units sold, a 27 percent increase vs. 335 units in March 2015.The all new Jaguar XF increased 53 percent to 1,266 units vs. 825 in March, 2015.

For the month of April, Jaguar sales were 1,087 units, a 1 percent increase versus April 2015. The F-TYPE had its best ever April sales month with 295 units sold, an 8 percent increase vs. 274 units in April 2015. The all new Jaguar XF increased 5 percent to 506 units vs. 484 in April, 2015.

For the month of May, Jaguar sales were 2,164 units, an 80 percent increase from 1,204 units in May 2015; making it the best Jaguar sales month since May 2006.
May marked the arrival of Jaguar's two new entry luxury vehicles: the 2017 XE compact luxury sedan, starting at $34,9001, and the 2017 F-PACE compact luxury SUV, starting at $40,990*.
With less than a full month's sales, the Jaguar XE hit 598 units sold and the F-PACE hit 666 units sold. In the month of May, Jaguar retailers nationwide held customer launch events to introduce the new generation of Jaguar vehicles.

Last edited by Magnumforc; 06-03-2016 at 05:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BCJAG (10-18-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Plus, Jaguar is conservative with performance numbers, I believe they quote the current AWD XF with a 0-60 time of 6.1 seconds; this XF-S will have a little more power, and should be lighter by about 200lbs or so according to initial reports.

2015 Jaguar XF 3.0 AWD Test ? Review ? Car and Driver
ODD. We did a standing start to 62mph(100kph) in 5 seconds flat with my 2016 XF AWD Prestige. Straight road, no significant wind, using paddles to redline. With ZF in Dynamic with automatic should be very close to that.
AL

Old 10-18-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Jaguar
For the month of March, Jaguar sales were 2,133 units, a 28 percent increase from 1,660 units in March 2015. The F-TYPE had its best ever March sales month with 426 units sold, a 27 percent increase vs. 335 units in March 2015.The all new Jaguar XF increased 53 percent to 1,266 units vs. 825 in March, 2015.

For the month of April, Jaguar sales were 1,087 units, a 1 percent increase versus April 2015. The F-TYPE had its best ever April sales month with 295 units sold, an 8 percent increase vs. 274 units in April 2015. The all new Jaguar XF increased 5 percent to 506 units vs. 484 in April, 2015.

For the month of May, Jaguar sales were 2,164 units, an 80 percent increase from 1,204 units in May 2015; making it the best Jaguar sales month since May 2006.
May marked the arrival of Jaguar's two new entry luxury vehicles: the 2017 XE compact luxury sedan, starting at $34,9001, and the 2017 F-PACE compact luxury SUV, starting at $40,990*.
With less than a full month's sales, the Jaguar XE hit 598 units sold and the F-PACE hit 666 units sold. In the month of May, Jaguar retailers nationwide held customer launch events to introduce the new generation of Jaguar vehicles.
Thanks. Good news. Sales are picking up here too. The XF is attracting a lot of positive attention on the West Coast at least. I don't have the numbers but the dealers don't have many for sale. I think Jaguar is going to provide some good competition to BMW & Mercedes Benz as well as Audi to some extent. I would have bought an Audi 6 except for this XF I just bought. I have driven the opposition and the XF wins, hands down! THe materials quality, structure, suspension and so much else is, IMHO, more advanced than it's competition.

Last edited by BCJAG; 10-18-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by pkoko
Sorry but it needs more wood trim and shiftier shouldn't be in the middle and take half the center console. The old XF was very functional and space efficient. Also the air vents need to share common design language. The center and side vents look like they came from another vehicle.

Lastly, I am going to bet that MB "premium" audio will blow the XF away bc of far better speaker placement.

The only thing wrong with the new E-Class is where are the cup holder?
I researched the MB E series and although the interior was 'warmer' than the XF the 4 cylinder engine was so pathetic that I couldn't wait to get the car back to the dealer. The BMW 535 is closer in performane to the XF although it corners with more understeer. On my XF Prestige I have some wood on all doors etc for those who want wood. The Meridian radio is excellent and I did not see any difference from the MB--sitting in the back seat gives one a more accurate impression of sound and, of course, how you set up the bass/treble etc. After 4 months of my new XF I find it to be a very solid, fast and comfortable cruiser with instand acceleration with the Supercharger. I think criticism of the interior is subjective as most older Jags had lots of fine wood trim. Most cars nowadays have the plastic wood trim including MB--the so called 'open pore' wood is dreadful IMHO.Material quality inside and structural integrity Ie aluminum 75% are up market features the others have except for aluminum. I have driven all the competition and for my money the Jag XF was the winner hands down.
Just looking at a car or driving it two blocks is insufficient. I also found that with the last snow storm I could drive easily on ice or snow with my AWD system and just M&S tires. No problem. Love the car but to each his/her own.
AL

Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by pkoko
I still hate the interior and I saw it in person. Not british. Not enough wood. Stupid shifter in the middle (the old design was better.)

Even the Volvo s90 has better interior

2017 Volvo S90: A New, Swedish Flagship Sedan
Yes. The Volvo was excellent except for the over-burdened 4 cylinder in a huge,heavy vehicle. Reports haven't been great on it either. I have enough wood trim on my Teutonic like XF Prestige AWD

Old 12-28-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
Compared to the new E Class interior, the new XF already feels outdated. It's quite sad they didn't improve on design and material quality.
Maybe but when you drive the two cars--fast--the XF is the winner and the MB driver will only see it's TAILPIPES!

Old 12-28-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
Compared to the new E Class interior, the new XF already feels outdated. It's quite sad they didn't improve on design and material quality.
Did you say "improve on design". the XF is in many ways a quantum leap ahead of the immediate competition in it's structure and the tightness and solidity of it's architecture. I think people don't like the mottled aluminum glove-box door. I don't. But the materials are very good quality and not plasticky and the seats seem well designed and of good quality. It surely can handle snowy conditions with the AWD and only M&S tires.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by glenonoka
I went online and built one yesterday. I loved a lot of the add-ons. I wish they had been available for my year.
Overall though the exterior and inerior are very bland. I am quite sure I wouldn't be buying one if I was looking for a new car now. It does give me a lot of hope hope for a future release though. The technology is certainly heading in the right direction, they just need to do a lot of work on the look of the vehicle. It is not a head turner, nor does it jump out visually as a high quality vehicle. Hopefully just some growing pains for a new platform.
Well, your 2013 is certainly a beautiful design. I think Jaguar made the XF bigger inside ie the back seat and trunk which makes it look more sedan like and not as sporty as your model. IMHO

Old 12-28-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Executive
I think you guys are a bit too quick with your judgments. I wasn't sure about it either first, but I love it after seeing it in person, sitting in it etc. The front end looks much nicer and the fact that it's square, gives a lot more presence.
I agree. After 4 months with my 2016 XF Prestige AWD I find it to be a real DRIVER's car especially on winding roads or S turns. No understeer at all. It accelerates much faster than my previous BMW 5 series and the Supercharger doesn't have the spool-up, sometimes hesitation of some cars.
Complaining about an interior without 'living' in it is suspect in my view.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
Where did you see and sit in it?
I own a 2016 XF AWD Prestige and yes, I have the wood trim option which may cars offer. Sitting and riding in mine is great as I can adjust my seats just right for my historically sore lower back.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by joshrssmith
the new xf has less power although it is cheaper and a smaller engine. it looks to similar to the xe.the tail lights look like the xe and the ftype.
Less power than what? My 2016 XF has 340HPSupercharged, 8spd txn and is very fast off the line.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:25 PM

Plus, Jaguar is conservative with performance numbers, I believe they quote the current AWD XF with a 0-60 time of 6.1 seconds; this XF-S will have a little more power, and should be lighter by about 200lbs or so according to initial reports.

2015 Jaguar XF 3.0 AWD Test ? Review ? Car and Driver
I tested my new 2016 XF AWD 340HP supercharged V6 8 spd auto with stopwatch. 0-100KPH(0-60MPH) in 5 seconds flat. So I agree. You just floor it and the AWD prevents wheel spin off the line. The Supercharger cuts in instantly and off you go. It shows my tailpipes to my previous BMW 5 series.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by bollocsk187
Okay this is BS. The 2016 XF sucks - no performance line up ! Okay maybe that is harsh but I am trying to see where the performance meets styling in this XF second go. It has become more conservative and more audii looking?
Perhaps you should read the comparisons with comparative BMW,MB and Audi. I recall that the Audi 6 with V6 was slightly ahead of the XF V6 on performance but the Audi 6 is dated and needs a new design so I bought the 2016 XF as the MB E series had a very tame 4 cylinder. Performance has nothing to do with styling anyway.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumforc
Jaguar

Thanks for this good news. I think we Jaguar owners should know that Jaguar is facing MB, BMW & Audi who have a huge lead in the marketplace and have undeservedly held onto their reputations as top class executive vehicles. People buy these cars because of the snob appeal, to some extent. It is now up to Jaguar to grow/grow it's sales and prove what we already know that their cars are just as good, if not better in some respects. How soon does anyone expect to see the competition produce a mostly aluminum body/chassis car. Don't hold your breath friends. The competition are the same old, same old with some improved nannies that even cheaper cars get nowadays. Once the public ie the economic demographic realize how good these cars are and are RELIABLE(hopefully) then sales will grow and grow and grow...IMHO. Right now people just stop and stare and ADMIRE my 2016 XF. They do look a little confused that it is a Jaguar since there are so few around--for now!!! cheers

Old 01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BCJAG
Yes. The Volvo was excellent except for the over-burdened 4 cylinder in a huge,heavy vehicle. Reports haven't been great on it either. I have enough wood trim on my Teutonic like XF Prestige AWD
My wife had a 2007 XC90 and they do make a great looking interior, and exterior, but they have low reliability. We had the dreaded transmission fail with our particular flavor but thanks to reading about it on the internet, and seeing a couple of early signs (dash warnings) we got spooked and traded it in. The dealer we traded to reported to us that transmission failed four days after they got it, and it is $9k repair job so we got lucky! Volvo was comping some of that work under a "soft recall" policy but still glad to not have fought that battle with the Volvo mothership while being without a car.

I'll take the F Pace or even a Rover these days, over anything Volvo makes, and I'm a quarter Swede....

Old 02-01-2017, 08:23 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>I'll take the F Pace or even a Rover these days, over anything Volvo makes, and I'm a quarter Swede...

Ah..., where's SAAB now that we really need them?
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2

Old 02-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pab
>I'll take the F Pace or even a Rover these days, over anything Volvo makes, and I'm a quarter Swede...

Ah..., where's SAAB now that we really need them?
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2
Yeah I thought it was a shame that Saab folded. It was an interesting brand for sure!

Quick Reply: XF 2016 sucks