XF (X260) 2015 onwards

XF:Closing the hood(bonnet in England)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default XF:Closing the hood(bonnet in England)

I opened the hood the other day to check out the massive V6 etc. When closing it I couldn't get the hood to close flush down on the right side. My son stopped by(handy with exchanging parts and fixing his two Alfas), looked at it, lowered the hood to about a foot from the bottom and dropped it. Closed perfectly. I had been trying to push it into place. Jaguar said my son is right. Just drop it as the struts will break the fall anyway. FYI
AL

Old 11-24-2016, 10:30 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Dropping from about a foot is the way with models like mine that don't have a safety catch.

Jaguar recommend a slightly more subdued approach to models with a safety catch:

XF:Closing the hood(bonnet in England)-bonnet.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Problems can occur on all Jaguar models with only one side catch engaging if the bonnet is closed with the vehicle standing on uneven ground.

Graham

Old 11-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Dropping from about a foot is the way with models like mine that don't have a safety catch.

Jaguar recommend a slightly more subdued approach to models with a safety catch:

Attachment 139240
(click on the image to enlarge it)

Problems can occur on all Jaguar models with only one side catch engaging if the bonnet is closed with the vehicle standing on uneven ground.

Graham
Thanks Graham. I always closed my BMW hood that way but the Jaguar service adviser said NO. I think it is a bad habit which most people do because other people do the same. Still, if it wont close the proper way it looks like a misfit on the drivers side closure position. I will followup.

Al