XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

2009 XF Premium Luxury Bluetooth Audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 XF Premium Luxury Bluetooth Audio

Is there any way to play music through Bluetooth from my iPhone on my '09 XF?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 469 Likes on 279 Posts

Yes, see this thread.

I use the Tune2Air with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with no issues - skip tracks with the steering wheel remote control, etc - it's perfect. It supports iPhones too.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:40 AM

So you have to buy a separate piece basically? The Tune2Air.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 312 Likes on 239 Posts

I am ready to sell my Tune2Air. Make an offer.

It's just not all that. The biggest problem for me is how it interferes with bluetooth headsets. It tries to grab the headset call and then lets it go, and does that repeatedly.

Plus it's not friendly with apps like Spotify. It just wants to play your iTunes library music, which is the most archaic way to play music these days.

You're better off with a regular bluetooth audio adapter plugged into the 3.5mm if you are using more modern tech.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 AM

If that's the case I probably won't use the Tune2Air. I'll look for another method and probably just hook directly through wire.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lotusespritse

It's just not all that. The biggest problem for me is how it interferes with bluetooth headsets. It tries to grab the headset call and then lets it go, and does that repeatedly.

Plus it's not friendly with apps like Spotify. It just wants to play your iTunes library music, which is the most archaic way to play music these days.

You're better off with a regular bluetooth audio adapter plugged into the 3.5mm if you are using more modern tech.
I do not have a single issue with mine, if you have an android phone you can tell it to only play media and ignore the calls.

Spotify also works fine on my S5, when it connects does it pull up itunes before you have a chance to do anything? If so your phone is doing that and not the tune2air.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by boiler
I do not have a single issue with mine, if you have an android phone you can tell it to only play media and ignore the calls.

Spotify also works fine on my S5, when it connects does it pull up itunes before you have a chance to do anything? If so your phone is doing that and not the tune2air.

Yea, I am talking about iPhones. Don't know anything about the Androids.

On iPhones, it just starts playing your iTunes library when you start the car. And none of the controls work for apps like Spotify, so why pay 3 times as much for Tune2Air when a regular bluetooth adapter doesn't have the same problems with bluetooth headsets.

Not sure why you're paying a premium for Apple-focused product when you have an Android phone, but you would probably have done just fine with a $20 bluetooth adapter like the blackberry one. I have that in my other 4 cars, and it works great so I will be getting another to replace the over-hyped Tune2Air.

Last edited by lotusespritse; 07-07-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Yea, I am talking about iPhones. Don't know anything about the Androids.

On iPhones, it just starts playing your iTunes library when you start the car. And none of the controls work for apps like Spotify, so why pay 3 times as much for Tune2Air when a regular bluetooth adapter doesn't have the same problems with bluetooth headsets.

Not sure why you're paying a premium for Apple-focused product when you have an Android phone, but you would probably have done just fine with a $20 bluetooth adapter like the blackberry one. I have that in my other 4 cars, and it works great so I will be getting another to replace the over-hyped Tune2Air.
I did not like the blackberry device at all, it may be apple focused but it works flawlessly with my android. The steering wheel controls work and I never have to worry about manually connecting the phone.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered Aluratek - AIS03F
ill let u guys know how it functions

Old 07-08-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shane7
I ordered Aluratek - AIS03F
ill let u guys know how it functions
Does not work! I think the only option would be Tune2air!

Old 07-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member

This definitely sounds more like a problem with your phone rather than the Tune2Air.

As boiler has said, on Android at least you can choose to only play Bluetooth Media Audio through it, which is what I've done. When I get in the car, my phone hooks up to the Tune2Air for the Bluetooth Audio, and connects to the Jag's original bluetooth for Call Audio. It works flawlessly. Spotify works fine with it too.

It's worth noting that if you use a bluetooth audio adapter plugged into the 3.5mm Aux socket then not only will you not be able to use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks, but you also will have to power the bluetooth audio adapter, either with a battery or a cigarette lighter charger. Definitely nowhere near as elegant a solution.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by davetibbs
This definitely sounds more like a problem with your phone rather than the Tune2Air.

As boiler has said, on Android at least you can choose to only play Bluetooth Media Audio through it, which is what I've done. When I get in the car, my phone hooks up to the Tune2Air for the Bluetooth Audio, and connects to the Jag's original bluetooth for Call Audio. It works flawlessly. Spotify works fine with it too.

It's worth noting that if you use a bluetooth audio adapter plugged into the 3.5mm Aux socket then not only will you not be able to use the steering wheel controls to skip tracks, but you also will have to power the bluetooth audio adapter, either with a battery or a cigarette lighter charger. Definitely nowhere near as elegant a solution.
Don't be all scare-mongering with me. I have 2 XF's, and one has a Tune2Air and one has a Blackberry Bluetooth Adapter.

The Blackberry wins. I just ordered another one to replace the Tune2Air. Blackberry $16.99 shipped. Tune2Air: $89.00

Is it hard to provide power to the blackberry? No

Does it matter that you have an extra power cable? No, it's all tucked in the center console because there's a USB right there that is on switched power. And the power cable comes with the Blackberry.

The Tune2Air does not do anything for Spotify for controls, so it's useless. Does it interfere with Bluetooth headsets? Yes, and not just while you are in the car, but for 15 minutes after you shut the car off because it still has power, and if you are within 30 feet of your car, it will mess with your headset. I have a house with an attached garage, so that's a problem. If you live in a van down by the river, you can park your XF on the other side of the river and take a canoe to your van, so you probably don't have this problem.

Do I know what I am doing? Yes. Super crazy technical. Something wrong with MY phone? Don't make me laugh!

Last edited by lotusespritse; 07-08-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 436 Likes on 385 Posts
Default 2009 XF Premium Luxury Bluetooth Audio

For what it's worth I've been using the Tune2Air for a couple of years with an iPhone and it has been great. I don't use headsets so can't comment on that. But it connects to tune2air for music and to jag for calls every time. And steering wheel controls work for whatever music I play through it - iTunes library, spotify, pandora etc.
only issue I have (as someone else mentions) is that iPhone defaults to playing local stores music so I have to choose spotify each time I drive from the iPhone screen

Old 07-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

Is it hard to provide power to the blackberry? No

Does it matter that you have an extra power cable? No, it's all tucked in the center console because there's a USB right there that is on switched power. And the power cable comes with the Blackberry.
Yes, but the one thing you carefully omit from your diatribe is that the Blackberry doesn't do that the Tune2Air does is allow use of the steering wheel/audio controls to skip back and forward tracks - to many people, myself included, this is an important feature. I like to be able to skip through tracks without having to stare at my phone.

The Tune2Air does not do anything for Spotify for controls, so it's useless.
It works fine with my Spotify, and many other people's.

Does it interfere with Bluetooth headsets?
No.

If you live in a van down by the river, you can park your XF on the other side of the river and take a canoe to your van, so you probably don't have this problem.
Oh, Ad Hominem attacks as well? Classy.

Do I know what I am doing? Yes. Super crazy technical.
Well, quite clearly you don't, and you're not, because you've taken problems that you are having with a device, problems that I and many other forum users don't have at all and authoritatively declaring that therefore these problems are inherent to the device and therefore everyone else will have them, regardless of the experience of myself and many others. More than that, you're recommending a worse solution (no remote control of audio) to new forum users - it's fine (and helpful) to say to people investigating the device that you've had problems, but to argue with others about their positive experience is moronic. Did you also consider the possibility that your Tune2Air is faulty, rather than the whole line of devices? Have you done a software update to the Tune2Air from the website?

Something wrong with MY phone? Don't make me laugh!
Heaven forbid it would be something wrong with your phone! Let me guess, based on that attitude you have an iPhone, right? I hate to break it to you, but not all phones (or the settings you have set on those phones) are perfect.

Honest to god, the arrogance displayed by some people here is breathtaking.

Last edited by davetibbs; 07-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by davetibbs:
Gpalace (07-15-2015), Thor82 (07-14-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 AM

Can you guys tell me what version on tune2air youre using . I ordered one and the ipod connector to the car console doesnt match up.Are you using one that connects to the aux or usb port? thanks in advance

Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM

this is what i ordered
Bovee Viseeo Tune2air WMA3000A - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor

Old 07-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by myboneyard2
this is what i ordered
Bovee Viseeo Tune2air WMA3000A - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor
I am guessing most of us are using the 1000 that plugs into the ipod cable that came with the car

Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 - Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for Car Audio Integration: Cell Phones & Accessories

The following users liked this post:
myboneyard2 (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by davetibbs
Yes, but the one thing you carefully omit from your diatribe is that the Blackberry doesn't do that the Tune2Air does is allow use of the steering wheel/audio controls to skip back and forward tracks - to many people, myself included, this is an important feature. I like to be able to skip through tracks without having to stare at my phone.

It works fine with my Spotify, and many other people's.

No.

Oh, Ad Hominem attacks as well? Classy.

Well, quite clearly you don't, and you're not, because you've taken problems that you are having with a device, problems that I and many other forum users don't have at all and authoritatively declaring that therefore these problems are inherent to the device and therefore everyone else will have them, regardless of the experience of myself and many others. More than that, you're recommending a worse solution (no remote control of audio) to new forum users - it's fine (and helpful) to say to people investigating the device that you've had problems, but to argue with others about their positive experience is moronic. Did you also consider the possibility that your Tune2Air is faulty, rather than the whole line of devices? Have you done a software update to the Tune2Air from the website?

Heaven forbid it would be something wrong with your phone! Let me guess, based on that attitude you have an iPhone, right? I hate to break it to you, but not all phones (or the settings you have set on those phones) are perfect.

Honest to god, the arrogance displayed by some people here is breathtaking.
LOL, you must get a commission on that Tune2Air crap.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:36 PM

I wonder why is this Tune2Air so overpriced. $111 CAD dollars for a bluetooth device that would make songs play or skip through steering wheel not worth it at all. I hate to say this but I agree with gents who are opposing this unit not merely for its function but the price is just unbelievable.

Alternative, u could simply buy AUX cable for $2 from ebay and move ur lazy *** and play the songs through ur phone

Old 07-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Shane7
Alternative, u could simply buy AUX cable for $2 from ebay and move ur lazy *** and play the songs through ur phone
That's exactly my point. If you're not that bothered about having remote control of the phone through the steering wheel controls, and don't want to pay to have this, why not just use an AUX cable instead of messing about with a bluetooth interface?

Quick Reply: 2009 XF Premium Luxury Bluetooth Audio