XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Baseline Dyno vs Eurocharged tune dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren9090
I just can figure out the TCP and how to get it straight, without kinks or leaks. It's like a Rubiks cube I have probably 5 hours in it and am giving up.
If you lube up the inside of the couplers (WD40 or thin film of soapy water) you can adjust the intake pipes and couplers easily. I'm not sure why it would ever take anyone a few hours to adjust a few couplers and tubing. Maybe adjust, drive, adjust, drive, etc. but not hours of adjusting.

My opinion on the kinks picture: If the left side (right side of car) elbow coupler was pushed onto the y pipe more that kink would be nearly gone. The right side looks twisted so if you lube up the inside of the couplers you can get that twist out and most of the kink would be gone. Also, from your first intake picture on page 1, it looks like the small elbow with the bung can go into the straight coupler connecting to the air box a little more, which would also help eliminate kinks on that side. Compare to the other pictures in this thread it shouldn't be that difficult. Otherwise, have a shop install it. It really shouldn't be this difficult.

Last edited by Blackcoog; 01-04-2017 at 11:35 AM.