XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Blind Spot Monitor Error

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blind Spot Monitor Error

All of a sudden today I get a blind spot monitor not available error msg...and its the driver side...anyone had this issue yet???

Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Not me.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, not me either!

Old 12-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Me neither. If you adjust your mirrors right, the monitor is redundant anyway.

How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver

The following users liked this post:
Wife's Tech (12-15-2011)
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 AM

LOL! I know thanks for that tutorial on blind spots! No, I've never really ever paid any attention to the monitor light but now I just keep getting the annoying error message on the dash! Hmmm...might just be a fuse or something or someone walked by and banged on my mirror with a big *** purse or something...lol I know how us females are...

Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will say it's difficult to judge lane changing distance having your mirrors pointed straight into the normal blind spot per C&D's suggestion. I have mine set that way but I use the monitor as a guide for "timing" when I'm passing or when someone passes me. I ride a motorcycle so out of habit I always shoulder check as well. The Jag has a big *** . That said, the manual says it's supposed to ignore cars that I'M passsing but I found it does not work that way.

OP, are your side mirrors clean where the camera/sensor is? You might be right re: the purse scenario lol.

2kry4 (12-15-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by shikk
I will say it's difficult to judge lane changing distance having your mirrors pointed straight into the normal blind spot per C&D's suggestion. I have mine set that way but I use the monitor as a guide for "timing" when I'm passing or when someone passes me. I ride a motorcycle so out of habit I always shoulder check as well. The Jag has a big *** . That said, the manual says it's supposed to ignore cars that I'M passsing but I found it does not work that way.

OP, are your side mirrors clean where the camera/sensor is? You might be right re: the purse scenario lol.

Actually, it appears to be working again. My sensor shows someone in my blind spot when I'm passing or when a vehicle comes up on me as well. I too ride a motorcycle so, I'm always cautious and checking to make sure no one is near the vicinity of my bike's or Jag's ***! LOL

Old 12-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the link Need4... I always have my mirror adjusted in the traditional way and will try the C&D way next time I'm out... To me, depending on sensors while overtaking another car it asking for trouble and is merely a tool... eyes on the other car will always be my way of confirming what's there. I also have this habit from riding a bike... where there's way more at stake than an accident report... lol

Old 01-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Default Blind Spot Monitor works like crap

I have had the problem for a couple of months. Unfortunately it did not show up until after the manufacturer warranty expired. I now have the extended warranty but when I went to PATRICK JAGUAR OF NAPERVILLE (Illinois) I was told that the battery was causing the monitor to fail, they then quoted me a price of $375 for a replacement battery which was not covered by any warranty. I declined and purchased one for $169. Regardless, now with the new battery the blind spot monitor is still failing. However the notice is not continuous, it comes on some times but not always.

I am not happy with the service department at Jaguar of Naperville about this.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyJTown
I have had the problem for a couple of months. Unfortunately it did not show up until after the manufacturer warranty expired. I now have the extended warranty but when I went to PATRICK JAGUAR OF NAPERVILLE (Illinois) I was told that the battery was causing the monitor to fail, they then quoted me a price of $375 for a replacement battery which was not covered by any warranty. I declined and purchased one for $169. Regardless, now with the new battery the blind spot monitor is still failing. However the notice is not continuous, it comes on some times but not always.

I am not happy with the service department at Jaguar of Naperville about this.
I had the same issue a few months ago at first I thought it was the battery but got no other fault messages. I took it in and they replaced the module under my CPO warranty.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Spd
Me neither. If you adjust your mirrors right, the monitor is redundant anyway.

How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver

Thanks for that! I have had many arguments over the years about blind spots and the correct way to adjust the exterior rear view mirrors, and no one but no one has ever agreed with my premise that if you adjust the mirrors correctly there are no blind spots. I have always (the last 40 years) adjusted my exterior mirrors the "correct" way as shown in this article, but I suspect I'm about one in a thousand in Oz, maybe one in ten thousand. One little game I play is when I pull up behind another driver such as at a red light, and I look in their driver's side rear view mirror. If I can see their face then my thought is "muppet, no idea of the correct mirror setting, make sure I don't sit in their blind spot", and unfortunately that is pretty much every driver I have ever seen!

Old 01-23-2016, 06:19 AM

Had this when doing a track in crappy weather. It just needed a clean, I think the manual mentions this but I needed to clean it anyway.

I've had the same thing with the ACC/Forward Alert too, bloody leaves and spider web.

Simon

Old 01-25-2016, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Mine faults only right after I wash the car, dry it all is well. no issues with rain?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:34 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

Make sure the little bumper sensors are clean they will give false errors if covered with scum or road grime.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I acquired my car in March 2016 and the Blind Spot Monitor Not Avail. warning came on daily for 2 weeks even though I cleaned the car. However as the weather warmed up (of possibly as weather became dried) the warning has not appeared since.

I suspect humidity (it was snowing and raining heavily when the warning light came on) and cleaniless had to do with it. I even purchased a Blind Spot Monitor module on eBay ready to replace the faulty right module.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:11 AM
moe

Where are the bind spot modules located?

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

I get this warning now and again - but it usually goes off after car restart and I notice it in bad weather....snow, slush and even rain and fog.

Last edited by MarkN; 01-17-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 AM
moe

Mine is not going away at all. Does any one know where the modules are located? I would like to replace them.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ditto...mine are on and I have no idea where the module or sensors are located

JPAWAR (10-18-2022)