XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

bubbling dashboard on my XF

Old 02-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Neo, You can thank me for that...haha. Naw I just took mine over there a little over month ago. Had a nice lil back and forth game with them (well actually with Jag USA) but they got it right in the end. Hopefully anyone in SA with this issue can now go and have it taken care of with minimal issues. Fidel and Anthony took good care of me tho...i can honestly say with each trip service has gotten better, not so much in the beginning.

Also to what was said about factory and select warranties mine was about 800 miles from select warranty expiration and they still did it under their warranty so like Neo said it all depends on the dealership

Originally Posted by neogod
again every dealership is different. My car has no factory or CPO warranty. I have an aftermarket warranty, but the Jaguar dealership here said they would cover it themselves. That's why I would suggest everyone see what their dealership will offer. I'm sure there are more dealerships will go above and beyond to keep loyal customers than the ones only looking to take your money.

The following users liked this post:
neogod (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Rod, do you go to any of the meets? I have only met 3 Jaguar owners since I bought this car, where is everyone at?

SlimGoody (10-22-2015)
Old 02-08-2014, 07:30 AM
Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

I didn't know about them until I ran across a coffee and rides post you put up a while back. Keep me up to date with when these come around and if the schedule is clear I'll come out.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Opened a claim with Jag USA for my 09 XF SC with 55k. A week later i get a call back saying they will cover $1500 of the $3400 job. Still a bunch of BS

Venomous11 (08-20-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jaggy67
Opened a claim with Jag USA for my 09 XF SC with 55k. A week later i get a call back saying they will cover $1500 of the $3400 job. Still a bunch of BS
Do it yourself or have a shop do it (not the dealer). Have them pull the dash and reapply the adhesive. I don't see how that could cost near as much. You could ask for a quote though. Someone on here picked up a manual and did it on his own. He paid an upholster $100 to reapply the leather and then reinstall the dash.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dash is bubbling on my jaguar xf 2009. I'm going to youtube it and complain about my jaguar. not to mention the $9500 quote they gave me to replace my differential because of a boot leak.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts

Wen I bought my 2010 XF I noticed the leather lifting around the speaker. I had the extra used warranty and they fought me saying they consider it wear and tear. My attorney sent a letter and said as no wear and tear happens on the top dash, it was a faulty part and hence, required replacement under warranty.
They replaced three weeks later!! Only thing, I had the premium interior and they replaced with the base dash. Leathers are different but since it matched the steering wheel pad, I cut my loses and made peace with it!!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine too

I drive a 2009 XF prem lux and mine was bubbling too. Bought the car in Oman (Middle East) and after exactly 2 years the dash started to bubble a little bit. Brought the car back to Europe (moved back home) and the dash was replaced by the dealer under warranty (got a new dash so no upholstery). The dealer told me that this problem they have seen before with cars imported from Florida. I have a window film on my car (LLumar, comparable with V-Kool) but this did not prevent the dash from bubbling. So I suppose it has something to do with the glue Jaguar used. It seems not to be resistent to extreme temperatures (in Oman it gets really hot during the summer). It has nothing to do with UV or direct sunlight on the dash.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Class Action Anyone?

I have a 2009 and was also told that it was not covered under warranty. If anyone is interested in joining a class action suit on this issue, or knows of one already being filed, please let me know. It is distressing to have to look at the de-laminating dashboard every time I get into my car, I have had a Jaguar for 30 years...it is unacceptable that owners are expected to have to accept this obvious manufacturing defect.

The following 2 users liked this post by Lisa.H.Ambrose:
Kristina Lynn (05-02-2020), SlimGoody (10-22-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisa.H.Ambrose
I have a 2009 and was also told that it was not covered under warranty. If anyone is interested in joining a class action suit on this issue, or knows of one already being filed, please let me know. It is distressing to have to look at the de-laminating dashboard every time I get into my car, I have had a Jaguar for 30 years...it is unacceptable that owners are expected to have to accept this obvious manufacturing defect.
Im in.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I own a 2009 XF supercharged and my dash bubbled up around speaker area....Jaguar dealer replaced it while under original warranty. They fought tooth and nail to avoid replacing but I wasn't going to take no for answer. Its clearly a manufacturer defect. I only had 100 miles remaining on my warranty at the time it was replaced......I think cost was between 3k-4k

Last edited by fmlyman; 01-07-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Disappointment

Originally Posted by neogod
I have a 10 and mine did it too.
I have a 2010 Jaguar XF Premium 36000K miles always garaged in prime condition and the dashboard started to get "bubbles" took it to my Jaguar Dealer here in Fort Myers, said it was NOT covered under my extended Warranty. Contacted Jaguar HQ in New Jersey and they want 850.00 to replace.
This is my 15 Jaguar since 1986 and always had superb service but this one is quite and very disappointing. One would think that taking care of a a chronic problem with the 2010 ( check web site to see all the problems people have)would be tantamount for good customer relations and service. Guess not
Time to go to Mercedes.
Pat Flynn
Fort Myers Fl.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

It TOTALLY depends on the dealer……one dealer said NO, not under warranty (CPO) and another dealer hardly hesitated and replaced. However, the replacement was a bonded leather and not the premium ……my steering wheel had the same "look" …raised grain and not as smooth as the door surfaces.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

This is so weird. Any upholstery shop should be able to fix this issue for under 200.
That the dealership is trying to charge 1500 to 3500 dollars for it seems ridiculous.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 426 Likes on 306 Posts

The problem is the dealer only replaces things, they don't repair them. An entire dash is quite expensive.

SlimGoody (10-22-2015)
Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just got off the phone with Jaguar USA and they told me that 1) its a wear and tear item and that since its the outside elements causing the issue they are under no obligation to fix it. 2) I don't fall into a goodwill repair because I have not owned the car for long enough (I have had it for a year now). Car is a 2010 XF-R with 51K miles but it is so frustrating that this is happening!

What advice do you guys have? Should I just keep calling back again to Jaguar USA and see if they will eventually offer a goodwill repair? I did find a few upholstery shops around town so I guess I could see how much they quote me. Or should I take it to a dealer and see what they say? (I doubt that will be successful either but I guess its worth a shot).

Also, sign me up for a class action lawsuit too!

Old 02-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 312 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckh007
It TOTALLY depends on the dealer……one dealer said NO, not under warranty (CPO) and another dealer hardly hesitated and replaced. However, the replacement was a bonded leather and not the premium ……my steering wheel had the same "look" …raised grain and not as smooth as the door surfaces.
That's ridiculous that they put the wrong part in your car. There are something like 30 part numbers for the dash with the different leather colors, stitching colors, and leather types. So they just flat out ordered the wrong part for the car and went ahead and installed it knowing it was the wrong part.

I would rather have a bubbling dashboard than one with a mismatched leather in perfect shape. Now you can't even go to an upholstery shop to have the correct leather repaired since the dealer kept your old part.

Last edited by lotusespritse; 02-10-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Actually, I have come to like it……it does match the leather cover on the steering wheel. And come to think of it, it looks more like leather than the boring smooth leather on the window sills (more interesting) however if you point out the differences to those that do not know the difference than …..oh yeh, what do you know. BTW….it was free (new updated glue too )

Old 02-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 312 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckh007
Actually, I have come to like it……it does match the leather cover on the steering wheel. And come to think of it, it looks more like leather than the boring smooth leather on the window sills (more interesting) however if you point out the differences to those that do not know the difference than …..oh yeh, what do you know. BTW….it was free (new updated glue too )
It wasn't free. The car was sold at a higher price to cover warranty work, which should mean you get the right parts when they repair the car.

If you like it, that's cool. May cost you when it comes time to sell the car and they notice that it has redneck-style mismatched interior parts. You could always paint a couple of panels in primer to add to that unique look,

Old 02-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 273 Posts

Well mine is just starting to pull away from the front of the window cowl, I just bought the Factory XF sunshade for $54, kinda pricey, but it does fit VERY well it's made by Cover Craft for Jag CC also makes the DashMat so I ordered one in grey sued.
When the dash bubbling gets really bad I'll just pull it and get it re done on my own, I'm thinking grey sued with black stitching lol.
Kind of involved but I'm down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bubbling dashboard on my XF